Allow Power Plant Upgrades

Discussion in 'Update & Idea Pool' started by EddieT, Aug 13, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. EddieT

EddieT User

It would be nice to upgrade power plants. Allowing players to upgrade power plants would free up precious land for extra houses, businesses, decorations, etc. that would otherwise be taken by additional power plants. You could put a twist on power plant upgrades. Only allow upgrades for power plants that are purchased with Metro Money (including maxed out CC power plants that can be purchased for MM). Allowing upgrades in this fashion might generate extra revenue (real money) for Rising Cities by encouraging players to buy and use MM for power plants and upgrades.
    Just a thought.

2. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

Thank you for your suggestion. We will pass it on up the line for you.

3. Imbruglio

Imbruglio User

Hi there,

I would agree with EddieT - allow upgrades for power plants, sounds great! Even better just with MMs but also allow dedicated players to upgrade with a huge amount of resources built up over time.

I

4. I agree also on this, the devs should not find it to difficult to complete this as every other item can be up graded

jelly999 and sams264227011a like this.
  5. Agree :) upgrade power plant is nice option

6. hadsfer

hadsfer User

вы забыли учесть, что модернизация станций ведёт к скапливанию лицензий с событий, а так же уменьшает покупку за ММ.

7. s.c.lynx

hadsfer this is the English Forum the postings here must be in English.

Several suggestions and proposals have been made in the past. As of yet no changes have been made to the powerplants.

8. Sargent

Sargent User

I would just like to say that I agree with EddieT. Players should be able to upgrade power plants upto level 3 or even 4. They take up a huge chunk of city space that could be utilised for other purposes (perhaps a few NEW tower blocks!!). I for one would be quite willing to use MM to consolidate and upgrade. I currently have 16 nuclear plants (with space for another) a wind farm, some solar and a number of small reactors. That's alot of space!! If I could reduce it to about a quarter through upgrades I'd quite happily demolish power plants I've already paid for with MM and buy NEW stock.
    Having said all that, judging by the lack of activity in providing solutions to ANY suggestions made by players, the fact that it is almost 12 months since EddieT mooted the idea (with no response) is no surprise.
    To be quite frank, to be fobbed off with a oneliner about ideas being 'passing up the line' when clearly nothing ever happens is not only insulting but shows contempt to all players.

9. s.c.lynx

Sargent - As said before we continue to make suggested changes to the management team. We, the moderators, have a very limited ability to effect changes. Actually none, So all we can do is make reports and ask for changes and improvements of our superiors. So the line "We will pass it up the chain of command" is about all we can do and we do. Sorry you beleive we feel insulted, but we are just explaining what we can do.

10. Sargent

Sargent User

S.C.Lynx - in relation to my remarks I wish to make it clear that they were not meant as a personal attack on yourself. However, your confirmation that as a moderator you have zero ability to influence change begs the question, 'who does?'. Clearly not the players and with your confirmation the same applies to the moderators. It's all well and good to 'pass it up the chain of command', but I would have thought that as a minimum a response to a suggestion is warranted. Whilst I have no doubt that some ideas/suggestions may not be feasable from a technical perspective, many should be, this upgrade being one of them. I'm sure that if replies to suggestions were posted on a regular basis in a spot that all players could see at a glance a certain amount of angst would be reduced. As it stands the lack of any meaningful conversation - one way is not a conversation - does nothing to alter my view that players are being treated in a contemptuous manner.

11. s.c.lynx

I do not disagree with you but we can only do what is in our power. Which is to take questions and comments and suggestions and send them to the next level in the chain. We also continual ask for these persons to answer directly in the forum but we can not force that action. There have in the last week or two been some changes. So there is still hope.

12. kana111

kana111 User

Agree :) upgrade power plant is nice option

13. Sargent

Sargent User

Well, here we are, 4 months since we had any meaningful conversation on this idea and a bit over 15 months since the idea was first raised by EddieT. So much for the idea of any meaningful feedback. Static would be an understatement!!

14. we first proposed this idea over 4 years ago, it is one that has great merit so we will keep asking

effiepanoulis1 likes this.
  15. wrighty8

wrighty8 User

Power to the Players ,Power to the People that pay to play, Power to the Power Plants more Power more Power. and by the way would be great to do a new game or more space to build just thought while you was reading maybe , an airport a Railway station my cars are running out of fuel so a petrol station (gas station, Electric chargers). all these suggestions made by brilliant players of this once great (now stale) game several years (Decades) ago. do something please. bring back champagne challenge.

Wrighty8 4658170