I would like to see...

Discussion in 'Players' Corner' started by Artisan, Mar 23, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. FeeBee10

FeeBee10 User

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] AMAZING!!!
    I would like to see ........ St Pauls Cathedral

Lideczka676 likes this.
  2. Sargent

Sargent User

from a natural cathedral to a man made one ...........

SAINT PAUL'S CATHEDRAL

.... as Sir Christopher Wren would have seen it.....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

and as you no doubt have seen it......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Have you ever been up there and whispered?? ..... it's amazing!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Switching styles big time, I would like to see the Gaudi Cathedral in Barcelona........

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    FeeBee10 likes this.
  3. FeeBee10

FeeBee10 User

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

You choose some lovely interesting places ...... Well done! .... I would like to see ...... An Orchid

Sargent likes this.
  4. Sargent

Sargent User

Oh!!! ........so many to choose from ....... the traditional, the exotic and the slightly 'strange'....... here are a few to delight the eye...:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] .......Moth Orchids.....[​IMG] ..... and Monkey Orchids that only flower every 20 years!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

....after all that exotic flora I think I would like to see a really exotic CAKE (or 2 or 3 even)......:):)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    FeeBee10 likes this.
  5. FeeBee10

FeeBee10 User

Wow .... yes, exotic AND strange ... but simply beautiful ......
    Here are your exotic cakes! (Yum Yum!) Well, I guess they are really MY idea of exotic cakes .....! ENJOY!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

I would like to see ..... Winnie the Pooh ... and Tigger too!

Sargent likes this.
  6. Sargent

Sargent User

LOL..............wow!! ......so over the top. I couldn't imagine how long it would have taken to decorate the first three in particular. The 'Peacock' cake is my favourite design but the last one is the one I would like to sink my teeth into .....yum! :D:D:D

......so, onto Pooh (and Tigger)....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would like to see the Emperor's Palace in Tokyo..............

FeeBee10 likes this.
  7. FeeBee10

FeeBee10 User

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Agreed, cakes fantastic and would take a lot of time and patience to decorate - then moments to devour!
    I would like to see ..... A baby puffin

Sargent likes this.
  8. Sargent

Sargent User

Nice pictures. I stayed in the Palace Hotel opposite the Royal Compound years ago and 'experienced' one of Tokyo's 'tremours'. Quite a daunting experience to feel the building move!!!

Awwwww!! ...... so cute

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would like to see the first revolving restaurant in England................

FeeBee10 likes this.
  9. FeeBee10

FeeBee10 User

An experience I am sure! I've also experienced an earthquake, when I lived in NZ - Awww yes, the baby puffin is adorable - It almost doesn't even look real, does it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^^^ Old - Opened its doors for the first time back in 1964 I believe - Goodness, the cars look so funny now! Ohhh, and I remember those parking metres too! (although I didn't drive at the time coz i was too young!) .......... Closed in 1980.

And new (below)...... when it re-opened in 2015 for 2 weeks ...... There are no functional revolving restaurants in the UK anymore.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would like to see ....... a Kangaroooooooooooo!

Sargent likes this.
  10. Sargent

Sargent User

Such a pity it still doesn't operate except for corporate events. Security concerns aside I would have thought it would still draw the tourists at least! I remember the tower being built and opened. The restaurant was operated by Sir Billy Butlin ( of 1950/60's holiday camp fame)......

So ... onto the Australian motorists blight (especially at night where I live)...................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since you were in NZ, I would like to see the closest city to where you lived.......

FeeBee10 likes this.
  11. FeeBee10

FeeBee10 User

[​IMG] <<<<<<<<<<<< HASTINGS[​IMG]
    ^^^^ HAVELOCK NORTH

I lived in Havelock North for a while, however the small City was Hastings, in Hawkes Bay. I remember feeling distinctly disappointed to live in a place that had such a British name! I wanted something unusual .... and, as I am sure you know, there are plenty of wildly unusual names in NZ, as there are in Oz too!
    I am planning a trip back there in January - first time in 28 years! Woo hoo!!
    I've already seen your City....... so I'd like to see your favourite part of the world, wherever or whatever that may be.

Sargent likes this.
  12. Sargent

Sargent User

What a coincidence......... my wife and I leave Sydney on a round trip cruise to New Zealand aboard the Noordam (Holland America Line) on Jan 5 next year. One of the stops (Jan 13) is Napier in Hawkes Bay, right next door to Hastings. Such a small world!!

Your next request was a bit of a challenge and really made me think!! I eventually settled on........

Batu Ferringhi on PENANG ISLAND - the first place I ever stayed where I could sit on the beach and watch the sun set into the sea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I stayed here ...... the Rasa Sayang......... (it's alot bigger than when I first stayed there!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and even went Parasailing just like this guy.....

[​IMG]

...and this one.....great shot because you see the way it really is :D:D

[​IMG]

...even went up Penang Hill .........

[​IMG]

for the view of George Town (and the mainland across the water)..........:):)

[​IMG]

and now for something completely different.....

I would like to see a magnificent jewelled crown..........

FeeBee10 likes this.
  13. FeeBee10

FeeBee10 User

Wow - So many to choose from!!
    Enjoy .......

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I would like to see ...... A Kiwi!

Sargent likes this.
  14. Sargent

Sargent User

LOL ........ Oh dear, you really should have been more specific!!

....... as requested ..... a Kiwi ....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Can you spot the difference between that.........

and this??

[​IMG]

Hehe ...... or did you really mean this??

[​IMG]

No room for ambiguity here ....... I would like to see Tsarskoe Selo

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    FeeBee10 likes this.
  15. FeeBee10

FeeBee10 User

LoL ...... I meant the bird! ........ Yes, you're right, I should gave been more specific!
    Ambiguity? Hmmmmm ..... I am sure I can find some!
    Did you mean the inside or the outside of the Tsar's Village"??! Haha! Isn't it just so magnificent?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What I would REALLY like to see is a photo of you!!
    I'd like to know what you look like!
    However, meanwhile, I would like to see ....... The Hope Diamond.

16. Sargent

Sargent User

So true ...... probably one of the most magnificent places I have never visited.............:(

....and so, on to The Hope Diamond (half of your request - LOL - two diamonds in one request might be a bit much!!!).

Well, this sure has a colourful history and has had more lives (and settings) than a cat!!

Seems a shame that it now sits in a museum ..... it really deserves to be worn!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

OK ........ I would like to see an image of 'Die Tote Stadt' .... (how's your German?) ...:D:D
    I'm really interested to see if you get this one:):)

FeeBee10 likes this.
  17. FeeBee10

FeeBee10 User

Yes, it most certainly does deserve to be worn, not hidden away when only the minority will see it.
    Well, I did take German at school, but my French is far better! ... so, The Dead City huh? Hmmmmmm ......
    I have chosen what I consider to be some interesting pictures of the Opera ..... You didn't want to see a picture of a dead city, did you!??ENJOY!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would like to see ...... A bouquet of Gerbera's

truelinor and Sargent like this.
  18. Sargent

Sargent User

Correct ..... I didn't want to see a picture of 'a' dead city I was after 'The' Dead City as the German indicates. I was interested to see if you were going to highlight the opera by Eric Wolfgang Korngold (written 1920) or infact the city of Bruges in Belgium. The opera is based on the work Bruges-la-Morte written in 1892 by Georges Rodenbach. It's a psychological drama about grief and loss and the profound effect it can have on the recipient. It's set in the city of Bruges which in the eyes of the author (Rodenbach) was at the time quite literally dying around him. Bruge is in effect the third character in the opera, after Paul & Marietta/Marie. In short, Paul sees his dead wife Marie in the live character Marietta and the opera revolves around Paul's mental state. The setting adds a further layer of physical decay to the story. I was lucky enough to see this work in Sydney several years ago and I do mean lucky. It's not performed very often which is a great pity. The story line might sound depressing but it's a facinating piece of theatre, contains one of the most memorable arias ever written and is scored for a huge orchestra in the most romantic and lush manner you could ever hope to hear.

....... yes ...... it IS one of my all time favourites! :):rolleyes:

And so, onto ............. a bouquet of Gerbera's, with their big open faces.

Well several bouquet's really ....... I think these would have to be one of the most vibrant and colourfully diverse flowers on the planet!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This time something a little less fraught ....... I would like to see a Robin :)

truelinor and LILA-SKILAKI like this.
  19. truelinor

truelinor User

May I join you? :) I've read all the posts since my last one and have enjoyed both the conversation and the beautiful photos!

A robin? Here is the type that I usually see here in Eastern US.

[​IMG]

And then some others...

Apparently a Brittish robin:
    [​IMG]

And one from Central America:
    [​IMG]

Oh, let's see - I would like to see a fairy garden. (Sure hope you guys don't mind me joining in once in a while! :D)

LILA-SKILAKI likes this.
  20. truelinor

truelinor User

Can I answer my own request? (I'm tried of waiting! :rolleyes:)

Here's goes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aren't they just adorable? I would love to make one - maybe I will this summer! :D

Next, I would like to see a water garden.