I would like to see...

Discussion in 'Players' Corner' started by Artisan, Mar 23, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Sargent

Sargent User

Welcome to the 'show and tell' truelinor ..............:):)
    I haven't been on line for a while, hence the lack of response and I haven't seeen my online sparing partner FeeBee10 for ages!

So, here are a few water gardens for you to contemplate. Some small some large, such a variety ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so............. following on from your water garden(s) ....... I would like to see some images of Milford Sound in New Zealand :D

truelinor likes this.
  2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I would like to see some interesting monuments where it is in the New York.

Sargent and truelinor like this.
  3. truelinor

truelinor User

Here are some monuments, krasnoludek10 - I hope you find them interesting. :D

The Statue of Liberty, of course!

[​IMG]

The Charging Bull
    [​IMG]

The National 9/11 Memorial

[​IMG]

The Occulus

[​IMG]

Alice in Wonderland Statue

[​IMG]

American Merchant Marines Memorial

[​IMG]

The Kneeling Fireman

[​IMG]

Thanks for taking the thread up again, Sargent! I appreciate the water gardens! Both large and small. :D (And happy I didn't have to post it myself! :D)

I would like to see some faries.

Sargent likes this.
  4. Sargent

Sargent User

Hmmm ..... Fairies hey!! ...... seems to be whimsical theme playing out here......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

and so, from fairies to Witches ................. but which Witches!! .............. the ones from the 'Scottish Play' perhaps, or maybe you know of some others ...... :eek::eek::eek:

5. truelinor

truelinor User

Ohh, witches, eh? Not so very fond of them, but here you go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course I know of some others:

[​IMG]

MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[​IMG]

But I liked her mother better:

[​IMG]

I knew I would learn something with you. I didn't know MacBeth was called the Scottish Play and I've seen it plenty of times.

But back to fairies.... I would like to see some fantastic uses of fairy lights. :D And I promise I won't say fairy anything next time. lol

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Sargent likes this.
  6. Sargent

Sargent User

Ahh!........ who could ever forget Agnes Moorehead as the slightly acerbic mother-in-law, Endora, she of sharp wit and tongue!........

and so ....... to fairy lights......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some small, some quaint, some magnificent ....... all rather beautiful...........:):)

Now ....... I would like to see some images of Tosca's grief!o_Oo_O

truelinor likes this.
  7. truelinor

truelinor User

Oh, wow, aren't they gorgeous?! I especially liked the one of the 12 days of Christmas! How I would love to see some of those in person!

Now, for Tosca's Grief... Couldn't find much, but here you go:

[​IMG]

Well, I wasn't quite sure what I was looking for - and so, I think I will stop with that one. Sorry for it being so brief - I just couldn't tell if what I was looking at was what you were asking for, so instead of appearing dumb, I'm just posting this one.

As a consolation, I will share with you a post from my website, if you don't mind - not of Tosca's Grief, but of the Chinese Lantern Festival I went to in Cary, NC last year. You can see it HERE. Hope you like it! (I would have posted some of the pictures here, but I think they are in a Flash gallery. I couldn't get a link to just one photo, so that's why I'm sending you a link to the whole post.)

OK, I would like to see some delicious Chocolates! :D

8. Sargent

Sargent User

You did well. I never make it too easy ...... and there is no such thing as a dumb answer. You could have come up with an angle I'd never even considered.:D:D

The image is that of Patricia Racette playing the role of Floria Tosca in Puccini's opera of the same name. Tosca's grief results after she is duped by Baron Scarpia - chief of police - into revealing the hiding place of her lover Mario Cavaradossi. Poor Tosca thinks the impending execution of her lover will be faked (Scarpia's deception), but come execution time the bullets are real. By this time though she has killed Scarpia and ends up throwing herself off the castle parapet. Not a happy ending but the drama is exquisite!

I must admit to having never heard of the Chinese Lantern Festival, but your photo's are quite beautiful. Clearly it must be a spectacular sight. So ....... onto 'delicious Chocolates' ....:):)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

.......and finally a combination to die for..............MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!
    (I was actually at the Cadbury chocolate factory in Dunedin, New Zealand just under a month back ;))

[​IMG]

Now, I would like to see an image or two or three even of Wotan's farewell. The image(s) must include the person he is actually farewelling. If you're up to an additional challenge an image showing the nature of the farewell would be a bonus........ :eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

truelinor likes this.
  9. truelinor

truelinor User

Oh, I am terribly sorry - this is my third (make that now the FOURTH!) attempt at finding Wotan's Farewell. The first time I looked for images and couldn't tell what was what. The second time I got on YouTube and ended up watching practically the entire (well, not all, but a lot!) opera and it got to be so late I had to close out without posting - I was that tired! So, here's my third, no, fourth, attempt!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WOW!!! I made this post yesterday and then my browser closed on me and I got discouraged so I didn't come back until today thinking I would have to look around for more pictures of Wotan's farewell, but lo and behold! My post is still here! GLORY HALLELUJAH! LOL!

"If you're up to an additional challenge an image showing the nature of the farewell would be a bonus"

You will have to tell me if I did this to your satisfaction. I'm not sure I did it at all.

OK, I would like to see a pretty and unusual bird(s). :D

10. Sargent

Sargent User

You did well ..... especially going to the trouble of watching some of the opera 'Die Walkure'. The god Wotan's farewell to his daughter takes place at the end of the opera. She has disobeyed him big time so as a punishment he puts her to sleep on a high exposed rock where the first mortal who wakes her can claim her (think warrior Sleeping Beauty!!). She begs her father to at least make her hard to get at, so he summons the god of fire Loge to surround her in a ring of fire. The opera ends with her asleep, on a rock, surrounded by fire!! Needless to say in the next opera in the series a hero, (Siegfried), turns up and 'liberates' her ...... but that's another story!

[​IMG]

Now ................ unusual birds........
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Hope they fit the bill ........oh dear!! ..... the pun was not intended :oops::oops:

Now ...... I would like to see an image of 'Calm Seas and (a) Prosperous Voyage'

truelinor likes this.
  11. truelinor

truelinor User

Yes, I did quite get the jest of the opera. I didn't realize it was at the end though. I would not have liked that had I gone to see it. But it does continue in another opera?

You must really like opera! I have a friend who really loves it too. I haven't talked with her about it in quite a while, but she used to listen to them on the radio. That was in the late 90's early 2000. She may still. I will ask her next time I see her if I remember to do so.

I have been to a few myself. We were required to go to one per semester when I was in college and I've been to a couple since then - The Phantom of the Opera and Andrea Chénier, and maybe one other that I don't recall the name of - it's been a long time ago.

Thank you for so many beautiful birds! I really love that first little guy!

So, here are your pictures of 'Calm Seas and (a) Prosperous Voyage':

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I even listened to it while making this post. And I will continue to listen to it until my movie comes on. :D

LILA-SKILAKI and Sargent like this.
  12. Sargent

Sargent User

Glad you liked the feathered friends ...... the first one IS rather stunning.

As for the opera, Die Walkure (The Valkyrie) is the second work in a series of four collectively known as Der Ring des Nibelungen (The Ring of the Nibelung).
    In sequence the operas are: Das Rheingold (The Rhinegold) - as in the river Rhine, Die Walkure (The Valkyrie) - you have probably come across the orchestral music for the Ride of the Valkyrie at some stage, Siegfried and Gotterdammerung (Twilight of the Gods).
    LOL ...... set aside about 15 hours and you should get through the whole cycle in a single sitting!! The first opera is actually a 3 hour work that sets the scene for the next three. Anyway, enough of that.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the Calm Seas ................. I actually have the CHANDOS recording you feature amongst the images:D

So, what else is on your list of 'like to see' ...............:)

13. truelinor

truelinor User

Oh, yes, I guess I forgot to say. Let's see... how about a riverboat?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  14. Sargent

Sargent User

Hmmm ...... so many different types, so I've gone with the image that first springs to mind.................

Behold ..... riverboats ..................OLD ...........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

................. and something a little less vintage!

[​IMG]

and for me, I would like to see 'the Moor of Venice' .................o_Oo_O

LILA-SKILAKI likes this.
  15. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

[​IMG]

Here you go the "Moor of Venice"

You have been on a serious classical arts trend, Shakespeare, Wagner, etc. Lets go for something lighter "Now for something completely different". Your favorite image from Monty Python Flying Circus.

Sargent likes this.
  16. Sargent

Sargent User

Ahh ..... you found him! I suspect most people don't realise the full title to the Shakespeare play is 'Otello, the Moor of Venice'.

...............and so.....................

[​IMG]

my favourite image is ............

[​IMG]........... the big foot of course......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

however my favourite musical sketch is .............

[​IMG] the lumberjack song ...............and whoever could forget

[​IMG]the ministry of silly walks ...... or even

[​IMG] the dead parrot!!

All vintage stuff that had an impact on the next couple of generations of comedians.

..... so, now I would like to see the good folk from the town of Titipu!:D:D:p

LILA-SKILAKI likes this.