Producer's Letter #1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by -Wizz-, Jan 30, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Hey Mayors,

First of all I would like to introduce myself, I am \-Sephiroth-/ and I am the new Producer for Rising Cities. Some of you might know me from DarkOrbit or Battlestar Galactica Online.

It is an absolute pleasure to be here, to be part of this amazing game and more importantly part of this great community. For those of you who don’t already know me, I actually started out in the Bigpoint community many years ago and worked my way through the ranks to end up as Producer. For me, the community is one of the most important parts of any game, along with quality and fairness. As I get settled into Rising Cities, you will hear from me more and more.

It is very important for me to be very open and honest with you all, as well for you to know that we take all feedback from you very seriously. I have been reviewing the game, your feedback, and feedback from the team here and working on a way to move forward with Rising Cities. If I am honest, I am very excited for the future, and the long-term goals that we have for the game. I’d like to share with you what we call a “User Story”, which for us is a short, simple description of a feature/game told from the perspective of the player, i.e. what you should be doing and feeling whilst playing Rising Cities.

“I want to become the mayor of an amazing city, building it from a humble hamlet to a sprawling metropolis spanning multiple playfields. My objective is to expand my city to new horizons by constructing beautiful buildings, producing goods to stock in stores, and keeping my citizens happy by meeting their needs.”

That is the vision for the game, and over the next few months we will be communicating more about what we are doing to achieve it. However, one of the biggest things that we see as a problem is the accessibility of the game; this means that there are many overly complex systems in the game that need working on. We will be going through the game, piece by piece, to rework features to make them a lot easier to get into.

I hope that you will provide feedback to us on this vision, so that we can continuously adapt to fulfill your needs as our users. You can leave your comments as a reply to this thread, and whilst I might not reply to all feedback you should know that I have read it and will take all of it into account as we move forward with the game.

Lastly I wanted to say thank you for being here, and continuing to support us at Rising Cities.

Kind regards,

\-Sephiroth-/

Please post your comments in our Discussion thread.

Hyder, andrewpingelton and lollswagg3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.