The new forum - Discussion and Feedback

Discussion in 'Game Discussions & Feedback' started by Iso-Hampuri, Nov 26, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you like the new Rising Cities forum ?

Poll closed Dec 10, 2013.
  1. YES

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. NO

29 vote(s)
    47.5%
  3. I don't know yet

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  1. Hello Mayor of Rising Cities,

If you want to you can discuss the new forum here and leave us some feedback and take part in the poll about the new forum. As always please keep it civil and on topic :)

Your Rising Cities Team

2. kuroyany

kuroyany User

It's certainly going to take time getting used to where things should now be posted given the new layout so I'll sit on the fence and reserve judgement for a while.

The one thing I'd like to see included on this new forum that was on the last, is the ability to log into the forum direct rather than having to log into the game. This was handy when the game was under maintenance

3. Don't remember what the web looks like during down time. Is there still that link to forum?
    It would be silly if you couldn't use forum during down time. I would expect some way around it.

4. There is a lot of comments I could make right now, but I also think it's wise to reserve judgement for a bit later when we get used to it better. So I guess I will post my comments in chunks and start with what I'm sure of and what is not likely to change with time.

One thing I liked about the old forum better was soft shaded bacground. I never liked beaming white on the screen and I don't like it here either. Wonder if mods can temper with it and make the background softer and "easier" on eyes with some slight undertones.

5. kuroyany

kuroyany User

You get the Twitter,YouTube feeds with a link to the forum but obviously you can't log into the forum to post/reply the old way

6. I never log out from the forum. I have direct link stored which takes me to the forum without log in, unless I clear cookies. Then I have to log in again. Not sure if the system logs you off automaticaly. Will see how this one will work in this respect, but as to direct link saved in favourites it works the same. But in case it gets logged off for whatever reason there is no way in than through the game, which is really weird. :)

QueenVee likes this.
  7. Doggone

Doggone User

Trying to find my way around this new forum and like kuroyany and nortoncommander, I'll reserve judgement until I've had a chance to learn the navigation.

Agree. I used this feature more than I logged into the game.

Agree. This new "stark" coloring is hard on the eyes.

8. supertoro

supertoro User

It will definitely need time to get used to it. What's wrong with the old one anyway? Why change when it's not broken?...:)

MissTea1 likes this.
  9. Haven't you noticed? The old one missed "like" function. :)

This one on the other hand misses "dislike" function. :)

You are right. The old one was slim, fast, lightweight, easy to navigate, simple (too basic in some aspects). The new one offers more flexibility and functions, but appart from "Alert" doesn't really offer much that would enhance our use of forum. I guess BP just wants to be uptodate with the forum concept.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    wildheart50122 likes this.
  10. supertoro

supertoro User

Seriously!...Haven't we 'like' enough on the OTHER social web-site?...o_O

On the other hand, this new forum is already growing on me. I kinda liking it...:)

11. This forum also alowes gender specification. Maybe as the next step in development the gamers dating service will be included. :D

QueenVee likes this.
  12. wizardelo

wizardelo User

well i missed 2 days and stuff happens!
    i cant say im 100% pro this change, but i've browsed it a bit and i can see nice stuff. well time to put up the top100 again :)
    it will take time to get used to where everything is. :)

~PinkRose~ likes this.
  13. super_emu

super_emu User

Pros: better organization (the announcements are sorted nicely).
    better user profiles.

Cons: difficult to look at. I had to zoom far into the page because only 1/3 is originally used. Also the background is too bright and noticeable. Strains the eyes to look at.

14. A.Boston

A.Boston User

Anyone know any bonus codes I can use for this game?

15. kuroyany

kuroyany User

Have to say, it's easier to check other languages' forums..in particular to find out today's maintenance has been delayed by an hour.

16. Well, I made up my mind, finally.

Although this new forum offers lot of better functions for profile, privacy, reminders etc., all these "watch", "alert" and "news" features can't fully replace the simplicity of missing "New Post" button or "Today's posts" button.
    On coding side the old forum was slim and swift, this new one is bulky, clumsy, lazy.
    Wiewing comfort is diminished here due to funny colour paterns like beaming white against wide dark sides, dark orange names on dark blue background, extremely light blue poll indicators on a bit darker blue background or light print on white background of some Profile discriptions, all difficult to read or putting unnecessary strain on eyes.

To summarise, for me these nice modern features and somewhat fancier design can't beat the old ease and simplicity of use in most major aspects, hence I'm voting NO.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  17. during maintenance i normally browse the forums, now you are asked to log in and i am finding that there is no log in section on the forum page and you are redirected to Rc home page where there is no log in entry point either
    please bring back the new posts tab and have a log in section here please
    skippyroo1980
    ID 6445981

18. The only thing I like about this new forum is that it is easier to switch between different languages.

I've noticed that other forums are more active, even when people complain a lot. But the English one looks quite empty :(. It used to be very useful and players contributed much more. What is going on? :confused:

QueenVee likes this.
  19. It's funny but even with all these fancy features like "follow" and "watch" the system still suffers from the old ones limitations and failed to notify me about the new thread posted in Events folder.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013