customer service responses

Discussion in 'Update & Idea Pool' started by Evilviper, May 3, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

1. Did you know there was a warning button for spending metro money?

1. Yes, customer service told me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. yes, but I found it on the forums

42.9%
  3. yes, I found it on my own

35.7%
  4. I haven't ran into this problem

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, I wish customer service would have told me

14.3%
  6. I haven't looked

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. No, I had no idea

7.1%
  1. Evilviper

Evilviper User

Ok, sorry to rant, but I just received an email requesting me to fill out a survey on the customer service provided on my support ticket. They got less than stellar scores to be nice about it. I had the issue of the game lagging and upgrading a building that I had no use to upgrade. As a level 21 player at the time, using 200 some metro money to upgrade a building that maxes out at 4 production points is a complete waste. Also, the building only cost like 25 lumber and 100 beams to upgrade, not really a fair trade off if you ask me. When I sent this in to customer service, I got a response stating that they would not refund any metro money. This frustrated me immensely. I was thinking at the time that I should be refunded because there is no warning button and this is the 2nd time it has spent my metro money during lag. Come to find out, there is a warning button. I reported this problem both times, let them know what building was upgraded both times and the time and date that it happened. Both of the customer service personnel failed to inform me of that information. I found it on my own. For anybody that might read this, it is under game options in the very bottom right hand corner of the game screen. The button looks like three dots. Once there, go into additional options in the top of that menu. If you choose the fifth option down to say on, you will receive warnings anytime you are about to spend metro money. This will prevent the game from eating your metro money without your consent.

I think the customer service representatives need additional training. If this issue was resolved and I was informed of this information the first time I experienced this, I wouldn't have had to come back a second time. It also wouldn't have left a bad taste in my mouth where I am now against spending any money on this game.

By the way, I still want my metro money back. Customer service said it is impossible, but I doubt that.

2. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

Evilviper - As for the rant that is what the forum is for. So sorry to hear of your issue.

Thank you for pointing out the Metro Money warning button and location. The default location is off in the game, meaning the player must turn it on. (showing my age, I remember when this was not an option).

As for the refunding of Metro Money as far as I am aware there is not a means to do this for you or anyone.

3. BigWillem1

BigWillem1 User

4. Evilviper

Evilviper User

I have a feeling by your post that you think customer service has 0 responsibility in the matter.

By the way, good job finding that post. It was at the bottom of the 5th page of tech announcements. Most people don't go that far into the forums.

Also, how many times does a player really need to use the additional options within the game? As a level 23 player, I only used the more options to remove the view of the foundation. I had only 1 need for the additional options. I will literally NEVER use it again.

Another point, some players don't like bothering others about how to do different things within the game. I have played numerous different games in my time. To ensure I am not asking basic questions, I either pay attention to the tutorial or if I am really struggling, I read the forums. The only time I actually start posting is when I think I have something constructive to add to the game.

Lastly, within the game, they removed the neighbors from what I can see and understand. This makes it so while in the game, I am unable to ask other players for help.

With all these points, you would think that it would e common sense that if a player came to customer service with this issue, they would state something like the following: "I understand your concern about loosing your metro money due to lag in the system. Unfortunately, we are unable to refund your metro money for this issue. To prevent any further occurrences of this issue, if you go to the additional options within the more options tab, there will be an option to allow warning messages when you are about to spend metro money. If you have any other issues you would like us to resolve, please let us know."

If a message like that was sent the first time, this forum post would have never been created. It also wouldn't have been created after the 2nd time this happened to me.

My whole point in this matter isn't that the metro money was spent. My issue with the matter is that there was NO preventative action taken to ensure this didn't happen again. If it has happened once to a player, and they are unaware of this button, it will probably happen again until the button is found, somebody informs the player, or they quit.

5. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

Evilviper Just so you know we do read all posts, but thank you for the compliment.

You can play the game with out going to the option screen ever. But, that is why the options are there.

Please post when ever you need additional information. This is the purpose of the forum.

The disabling of the Friends section was neccessary to convert, update the security of the game experience.

Thank you for your comments and I have sent them up the chain of command.

6. BigWillem1

BigWillem1 User

That is not at all what I'm thinking, or what I posted. I just wanted to explain my vote on your survey.
    You included "found it on the forum"
    I apologise for respondng

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  7. Evilviper

Evilviper User

Sorry, this morning I didn't wake up on the right side of the bed. I wasn't meaning to attack you. I am sorry it was perceived that way. I can see how it was as well.

8. best way fore people to know hot too resolve this issue. is too have this MM money confirmation in the tutorial quests in the beginning of the game then people would know about how to turn it on and off. I stumbled on it looking at the game options