FAQ Errors

Discussion in 'Questions & Bug Reports' started by Idaliah, Feb 16, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Idaliah

Idaliah User

Someone mentioned in Speaker's Corner possibly making a thread for reporting FAQ typos or other errors. Personally I think that would be very helpful to Wizz so he can have 1 place to go and find the hiccups we find. IF the people in charge of this board agree maybe making this a sticky to make it easier to find for all involved would be helpful.

As a side note, Please do not put idle chit chat here. Let's make this thread as easy as possible for Wizz or whomever is fixing things to navigate to the newest mistake found.

Thanks, AnnieO

I originally posted this in Tech questions, but as advised by Pirate Lee, posted it here.

kishar likes this.
  2. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

We appreciate any corrections you might have but please add proof of the error in question (screenshot).

Sticky!

kishar likes this.
  3. Some weeks ago I built my first Stadium and I noticed this mistake.

Materials for construction stage 3 in Designer Depot: 100 Roof Tiles (correct)

[​IMG]

Materials for construction stage 3 in FAQ: 100 Tiles (wrong). The rest of the information is right (at least for level 1).

[​IMG]

kishar likes this.
  4. Thank you - this has now been fixed. :D

kishar likes this.
  5. in FAQ under city hall when looking at the requirement i have noticed under the cost column there is only cc mentioned there is no mention of how many mm are needed :)

kishar likes this.
  6. It's difficult to get this information, as you can't pay for a city hall upgrade with MM, but once you've paid the CC you can instant finish it with MM. But thanks for pointing it out. :)

kishar likes this.
  7. that was what i meant couldnt see the cost of the instant finish thanks strider :)

kishar likes this.
  8. kishar likes this.
  9. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

kishar and TheCharlesy like this.
  10. kishar and wildheart50122 like this.
  11. Hi Turel,
    Many thanks for pointing that out. Have checked and you're absolutely correct.

Fixed.

kishar likes this.
  12. hello, again.

at this link :
    https://board-en.risingcities.com/threads/mastery-system.1889/#post-7851
    i looked at dream garage, cause i plan to upgrade it to level 3 , but realized that challange number 3 it says '' collect'' and no more details.
    any kind moderator can complete the details of this chalange number 3 , please ?

also , at this link :
    https://board-en.risingcities.com/threads/residential-buildings.1123/page-3#post-4781
    the mood value for level 1 circus , should be 16 , not 160.
    any kind moderator can correct it, please ?

thanks in advance.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    kishar likes this.
  13. Thank you.
    Dream Garage has been fixed, but was omitted originally just to make sure people read these things. :)
    And Circus was deliberate error in an attempt to dissuade you from building circus wagons. :D

kishar likes this.
  14. Hi

on this link should the Terraced row house have a lower mood on level 4 then 3 (in other word should the terraced row house 135 mood lost level 3 and 121 on level 4)

Thank Thomas

kishar likes this.
  15. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Corrected.

kishar likes this.
  16. Hi again

on this link the vintage duplex has 50 bricks for level 3 when if i upgrade it then it said i only need 30

Thanks Thomas

kishar likes this.
  17. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Corrected.

kishar likes this.
  18. Urban High Rise level 3 (and level 4) revenue is 2020

[​IMG]

180 + 360 + 680 + 800 = 2020

[​IMG]

But the "Residential Buildings" FAQ shows 2200 (wrong)

[​IMG]

kishar likes this.
  19. I'm confused now, amalia. I can agree that at level 3 it should say 2020. But I cannot get a sensible number for level 4. Mastery stages to get to level 4 give +10% revenue at mastery 2 and +25% revenue at mastery 5. So 2020 should get to 2020 * 1.35 = 2727. However, my Urban Hirise at level 4 gives 3232 revenue. And although it did have RI's, they have long since expired. Or does choosing +25% rent for level 4 speciality also give +25% revenue? That would make 2020 * 1.6 = 3232. I'll update the FAQ to show 2020 for level 3 and 2727 for level 4.

If anyone wants to check or dispute my maths, then I'm more than willing to be corrected here.

kishar likes this.
  20. Hi strider_legs,

It seems that the rent information for all level 4 houses in the "Residential Buildings" FAQ considers the increase in rent given by the Mastery Challenges (+10% for most houses, +25% for others or nothing for few). But the max revenue seems to be the sum of the revenues given by each commercial, as listed in the "Residential Needs Fulfillment" FAQ, without the increase given by the Mastery Challenges.

For example, the Prefab, Suburban, Turn-Key and Designer Homes have a max revenue in the "Residential Buildings" FAQ that is exactly the same for levels 3 and 4, because they don't need any extra commercial building at level 4. But the real revenue displayed in the houses has a 35% increase because of the Mastery Challenges.

That's why the Urban High Rise also shows the same value for max revenue in levels 3 and 4: no extra commercial needed for level 4 and 35% increase in revenue not considered.

In any case, you are right about the final value you get from the house. It should be 2020*1.35=2727. If "Mastery System" FAQ is correct, there is no Specialty that gives 25% increase in revenue. There should be some other info that is not accurate.

kishar likes this.