Market Prices being auto changed from what the seller lists

Discussion in 'Questions & Bug Reports' started by Pete, Sep 20, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Pete

Pete User

Either there's a serious bug in this game or it's somehow programmed to be more than unfair to the seller. I just listed 4 sales of 200 beams at a price of 710 coin for each. The game then auto changed my set price down to 608. With the totally unfair method of charging a percentage for each sale and not returning those charges if the sale is canceled I can state I'm more than unhappy with this game right now. If I cancel I still lose coin, my price at current average levels was fair and all of it would have sold. When those 4 listings are completed I'm still going to lose 102 coin per beam plus I've still still paid that percentage. What exactly is going on?

2. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

This has happened before the game calculates a maximum price for the itens based on the prices the items are sold at. If someone sells large quantities of a product at a ridiculous low price it lowers the maximum price the market place allows. The price will recover over time.

danda-vnovis and MillerWrox like this.
  3. Pete

Pete User

Well only an illogical fool would program the game so it works against the players. It's also 100% unacceptable to me. I'm done with this game if that's there attitude and thinking. I wish I'd known what I do now about a year ago.

4. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

We are sorry you are leaving us. We have enjoyed having you around. Best wishes on your search for a new game to pass the time.

MillerWrox likes this.
  5. endex

endex User

The price for an item is calculated every hour based on deals done in the previous hour. Sellers can offer their goods in a span of 50% to 150% of this calculated (official) market price. This is to prevent players from selling for example tiles for 2 CC a unit or 55.000 CC a unit may it be by mistake or deliberately. You can only offer goods somewhere near the market price. And that makes sense.

Some items have a maximum market price, for example beams at 500, allowing sellers to offer their beams at a maximum of 750CC per unit.

Sometimes the official market price is quite different from the actual market price. Once again beams are a good example. The actual market price is about 700CC, the official market price is 500 CC or lower. Like s.c.lynx described if large quantities are sold for say 250 CC the official market price will go down in the following hour, dragging the price ceiling down with it.

Of course it is every sellers responsibility to check the maximum selling price before offering something. If you've been here a year, that applies twice to you.

If it's about your lost CCs write to me in-game and we'll figure something out.

danda-vnovis and MillerWrox like this.