STILL Nothing New Then

Discussion in 'Update & Idea Pool' started by wrighty8, Apr 9, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. wrighty8

wrighty8 User

so I logged on last October 20 2015. and nothing had changed in the game, no new stuff (buildings, challenges, no more room to build.) any way just logged on today and guess what unless anyone can tell me other wise nothing has changed STILL. I like this game it could be so brilliant but nothing changes, we must be on the 450 trillion flea market. come on please do some thing with it or just tell us if its a dead loss and I will find some thing else to waste my money on.

WRIGHTY 8 4658170 (I think)

jagmanxjdean and SnakeLady38 like this.
  2. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Well, there are signs of life. BP just got sold to a Chinese company, and there is another sponsored promotion, so in any case the game isn't at the end of it's rope just yet. According to the German mods, we should have a message from the community manager this month. I doubt we'll ever get a clear and satisfactory explanation for why there has been so much stagnation. It's clear on the market that after the Easter event especially there has been significantly less offers, so I'm guessing that again people were hoping for something a little different and stopped after that.

I know the wait has been long, inexplicable, and perhaps abusive, but waiting is still all that can be done.

reddly likes this.
  3. billyjim

billyjim User

There have been few if any new additions to the game. Hopefully the new owners of Big Point will infuse some fresh blood into the game.

jagmanxjdean, reddly and SnakeLady38 like this.
  4. I second that Billy Jim:cool:

SnakeLady38 likes this.
  5. wrighty8

wrighty8 User

I thank you for your reply my friends. I was not aware of BP being taken over. will keep popping in and out of game to see what happens, hopefully exciting times ahead

wrighty8

6. Maybe new blood will get us some new items etc for our game

jagmanxjdean and reddly like this.
  7. Sargent

Sargent User

Hmmm ................ looks like that blood transfusion everyone was hoping for turned out to be nothing more than a saline hit!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

sams264227011a likes this.
  8. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

But we are still alive. While there is life there is hope.

9. Sargent

Sargent User

Hope? ........... an ever decreasing lifeforce due to the patient being connected to the wrong transfusion apparatus I would suggest.

10. Elco

Elco User

I fully understand your disappointment (to say the least). There has been no new feat introduced in years, seasonal events have completely disappeared and the vast majority of (previous/former) mods have ceased to intervene in the forum. It is all dead but by name, and we all know it.
    But what do you expect s.c.lynx to say? He is still the one link between players and "the powers that be" and there's no doubt he passes on any kind of feedback from the forum, although he has no influence on executive decisions.
    If he was to tell us "yeah guys and gals, it's hopeless and pointless indeed", he'd soon stop to be a mod and I'm convinced that deep inside, he still hopes -as we do- that the phoenix will rise. The issue here is the dwindling number of players, who slowly but surely become disenchanted by the lack of basic interest from the devs.
    To quote s.c.lynx, we're alive and as long as there's life, there's hope. I just wouldn't hold my breath too long if I want to remain on the living side ;)

11. billyjim

billyjim User

Sargent you are witty as ever. Elco a good analysis and probably true.

Elco likes this.
  12. Sargent

Sargent User

I have no doubt that your observations are correct Elco and I have no reason to doubt the sincerity of s.c.lynx. My comments are not meant to be seen as a denegration of effort, we have had conversations relating to influence (or lack off) elsewhere so I am under no illusion as to the state of the nation :(
    Like you (and everyone else) I would like to see the phoenix rise and like you I would like to see some basic interest taken by the developers. As you correctly observed, the current situation will only see a continued downward spiral of interest from established players and a quick realisation from new players that after the initial flush of enthusiasm the dynamics will soon drop off.
    Whilst I must admit to having a strong pessimistic attitude due to current circumstances I'm not actually ready to call it quits. I still have places to go in this game, however I must admit my enthusiasm is somewhat tempered. Much of my future progress will require spending MM - real money. I'd like to see a little more long term value for my dollar rather than being teated as a potential 'cash cow'.
    If level 52 is in effect the end of the game and the four existing fields will always represent the total capacity for development, it would be nice to have those parameters confirmed (but I'm not holding my breath on that one!):rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

sams264227011a, Elco and Eddie112 like this.