Admin pricing interference

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by pdxnomad68, Sep 14, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arsuru

Arsuru User

I think production for events is fine. Removing that is just going too much in the other direction, and moving them to drops is just imbalancing. You are not obliged to do events.

The market is always needed, and even more in higher levels. You'd take months for a few buildings if you produced all the materials yourself. And no, barely is very expensive for what it is. I'm sure many see it as not worth selling, but many must see it also as not worth buying. Most goods on the market are not profitable if you buy them. When things start costing more than capitalists can give you for them or their combined constituents, they cost too much. There are ways to get PP/EP without resorting to overpriced goods. If you're running out of CC to keep enough PP/EP, you should try something else.

I'm not saying the game isn't slow, but it seems like some of you haven't figured out what works for you. When I'm upgrading buildings, it's usually a matter of days per building/group, not a week; excepting some very high-level buildings/anything that needs many roof/tiles.

Low prices? Ha! What version are you playing? Look, playing the market is fine, but don't whine when you make a bad investment. If there were any significant dumping going on, it wouldn't cost me an estimated 500,000,000 to upgrade one ranch.
    Exactly. Prices are too high. Have been for a long time, but it's only getting worse. A few worker and student buildings are all you need with some RI's for rent. It's a bit boring that way though.
    It's true that they don't offer a significant benefit, but they can be good for drops when you need a certain type of resident since there is no construction cost.
    The first step is admitting that you have a problem.

2. harley9883

harley9883 User

You're right, there is a serious problem in RC, ..the whole game is gone wacky, just sold some checkered floor tiles for 20,500 cc each (and mine were the cheapest available). I bought the last two available 'Beams' sales, there are no other beams sales available as of this post.

This game is absolutely about to crash and burn.

UPDATE: Just sold some checkered floor tiles for 25,000 cc each. It's absolutely ridiculous, and NOT so much as a peep out of BP, ..amazing!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  3. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Yeah, you have to wonder if someone is just hacking the market for fun, or maybe some rival company's black-hat is at work. Heh.

4. Geflin

Geflin User

I do advocate allowing a few additional manufacturing facility permits. However, I must agree that the Level 4 (and even, perhaps, mastery challenge) for existing facilities would be the best of available options insofar as balancing all the pros and cons. It would double existing production while increasing costs, but would allow a wise mayor to compensate for the additional demand upgraded commercial buildings and additional residential occupancy (Level 4 upgrades) created. I would add though, there ought to be a third fishery permit to go with the third fishery spot. Even at this stage, with only a single floating market, I can see two fisheries will be hard pressed to accommodate all potential floating markets and restaurants and accompanying residential housing. I understand both sides of the marketplace pricing issue, but fall back on supply and demand economics. Some price controls are necessary, most are not.

5. pdxnomad68

pdxnomad68 User

Now you guys are seeing the point I was making.

6. Arsuru

Arsuru User

I don't think we ever didn't see your point. Yeah, I disagreed on some very specific points, but the main point has been consistent all along and even before that production isn't enough and supplying needs isn't worth it/is (mostly) useless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.