All top 100 posts

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by tassie-devil, Apr 28, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If the devs did away wit the gl estates it would not fix the problem the population problem is a lot ore deep seated than that, so it will take some time for the fix to come through, so far everyone who has posted in the to 100 as allowed for this discrepancy fortunately
    which gives confidence in moving forward:):)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  2. sadieny33

sadieny33 User

Understood. Thank you for all of your work on this. Wish you luck!

3. thanks for the added information we will have to adjust skb post to reflect that Personally I would like to see you stay :) the long time player ranks are thining a bit

4. sadieny33

sadieny33 User

Tell you what, I will keep my account open and check back in a month or two. I used to enjoy the game and may enjoy it again if I take a break for a bit and some of this stuff gets resolved. Again, not at all a reflection of you, nor the other volunteers, you do great work. Wishing you the best. S

5. good to hear and thanks from all the mods ;):)

6. harley9883

harley9883 User

Nice find sadieny33! My tests proved the same results as yours. My population count was @ 40,944, ..I then removed my 6 GL's (level 3), put them into storage, and then returned them to my game board. My population soared to 56,544. WOW now that's growth! lol

At this point its almost impossible to give an accurate population count in my own game, so it wouldn't be fair to the other players for me to even attempt to join the top 100. I'm at level 59.75, was going to submit when I hit level 60.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  7. thanks sadieny for your posts, i have only 1 gl residence at l3 and have not moved it, i did a count just to make sure of my pop it took just over an hour. Harley i reckon if you get close the mods might be able to help also

8. skb13

skb13 User

Yes, thanks sadieny and harley for your updates on this issue. I was aware that moving to inventory has worse implications - you lose the eg 128 for a L4 GL, then add back 128 and 6300 when you bring it back on the playfield. I was rather hoping no-one had done this! For a long time now I have kept a spreadsheet of all my residences and what level and pop they have (should have), and so can keep tabs on what my population is, even if the game can't, but I appreciate that's a bit much to ask of every player.

I think we're going to have to try and get this fixed.

9. billyjim

billyjim User

sadieny33 and tassie-devil read with interest your exchange regarding the gl housing issue. A quick question or thought since reseting the game fixes the glitch in power and mood. What would be the result of resetting sadieny33's game after he has removed the gl's. Would that reset his population to the correct level? Just a thought might be worth a try. sadieny33 we will be sad to see you go, good luck and you will be missed. :(

10. Hi billy, we have tried that on my account and it made no difference to the pop count, alas it did drop my mood by over 2k :(
    good thought though ;)

billyjim likes this.
  11. billyjim

billyjim User

It was an idea, thanks.

12. harley9883

harley9883 User

Thanks skippyroo.

13. harley9883

harley9883 User

You're welcome!

14. skb13

skb13 User

Sorry folks, really not feeling up to doing top100 today - it's been a long day, and I'm still under the weather rather. Will see if I get a chance tomorrow, otherwise we'll hold off until next week. Feel free to post again if you've got an update you want me to take account of.

Cheers,
    SKB

15. billyjim

billyjim User

Hope you feel better. Thank you for all you are doing.

tassie-devil likes this.
  16. Ditto on that Billy, get well soon SKB

17. hedymay

hedymay User

I've been working hard and very much appreciate my city making the top 100 list.
    :);):p

18. skb13

skb13 User

Hi Sadieny33,
    I'm sorry, but I haven't updated your population figure in this weeks' top100 post. I appreciate that what you posted for top100 is what the game tells you, but without the Golden Linings bug being fixed, that can't be relied upon. I know you've done what you can in the past to correct your population figure, so I assume you've posted your game figure to try and highlight the problem. I'm sorry that it hasn't been fixed yet, but here's hoping it will be soon.

SKB13

19. G`day Everyone,
    skb13 will be away for this week and maybe into the next, the top100 will be updated when he returns and we apolagise for the delay.

20. Welcome back skb13 good to see you, also the top 100 active again :);)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.