Ancient Festival - Other statues than Zeus,please.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by [RO]Turel97, Mar 15, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

At Ancient Festival , what other statues than Zeus, you would love to have ?

1. Ares

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Demeter

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. Athena

15 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. other statue of a god from Olympus or from a different mithology

22 vote(s)
    52.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello.
    at the Ancient Festival ,i would love to see in the future other statues than Zeus,please.
    and of course these statues to give mood and something extra.

for example :
    1. Ares , god of war :
    - global mood value +50
    - global reduction time to collect rent&revenue, with a value of 10% for residences with workers only.

2. Demeter , goddess of harvest:
    - global mood value +40
    - global bonus of 10% for rent&revenue from residences with capitalists only.

3. Athena , goddess of wisdom :
    - global mood value +30
    - global bonus of 20% for rent&revenue from residences with students only.

what other mayors think ?
    please comment and also vote , if you like.

wildheart50122 likes this.
  2. billyjim

billyjim User

I like the idea. I am getting a forest of Zeus statues. Maybe put them all together and make a garden or memorial. But, why limit ourselves to Greek mythology. There is Hindi, Mayan, Egyptian, Babylonian, Persian, or even an American Indian Totem pole, all could be rotated through once designed.

3. I hardly use these statues. 2 of them are more then enough for the whole city. One would be the appropriate amount. The rest is hanging in my depot. Also they rarely fit in the City at least a bit realisticaly as not everything is designed with the correct proportion between objects. I'd rather exchange them for things which would naturaly be present in cities in larger amount, like different types of trees, park benches, lampstands, telephone booths and such. But for this, I guess, the playground network would have to be finer to enable space sensitive placement of such decorations. So it's probably not happening ...... If it was, it would be another major conceptual change.

marylis likes this.
  4. Hipshot

Hipshot User

After you put a couple of them down, they get boring. But ... if you want to make the city larger, you have to put decorations in it to offset mood. So the extras get put behind tall buildings so they can't be seen. Same with the radio towers and other stuff that, having more than a couple, doesn't make sense.

The idea of having several of them and being able to choose is intriguing though.

Don't hold your breath though, it took them months to add the statue, before that it was the horse for everyone.

5. I have used all of mine with all of the memorials that I have to make a "Memorial Park" where people can walk around. Maybe by the end of this next week, I'll be able to put up pics of my playfields. I have tried my best to utilize all of the extras. I just hide the ones I don't like or don't like to look at behind taller buildings.

6. will be looking forward to seeing your artistic flair :)

7. billyjim

billyjim User

If you put them all together does it look like a cemetery? I guess our cities could use one.

8. Metro11

Metro11 User

Hello !
    I'm a french player and I'm not very good in english ! :D :oops:
    Many french players have a "Ancient Festival place" ... :)
    I am going to advertise them with them for this " English idea "... ;)

See you later ! :cool:

Imaga likes this.
  9. billyjim

billyjim User

The more the merrier. Bon Chance mon ami

Metro11 likes this.
  10. Billy, I guess it's kind-of a cross between a cemetery and a line-up of soldiers at the battlefield.

11. billyjim

billyjim User

It would depend if they are all statues of Zeus or a mixtures of Zeus, Memorials, Nut Crackers, etc. Reminds me of the thread where someone made a chess board in there city.

https://board-en.risingcities.com/threads/chess-anyone.10925/

This is the type of activity I keep talking about. This is a game and it should be fun!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  12. I like the checkerboard, too. I've seen it. I have several parks in the city. I tried to make it such that people would love to take walks around the city and see all the sights without getting bored. Kinda like Chicago in my opinion. There's so many parks and museums and fun things like that there that a person can't just spend one day and see it all ... they'd have to take a week or more just to see what's NOT underground!

But I'm starting to get a little off topic ... the topic is about the statues ... my bad! LOL!

13. Tamy

Tamy User

They actually look nice on both sides of the bridge entry (sorry, I do not manage to post pictures or I'd show it). This takes care of two of them, leaving 6 (last count) to deal with...
    Oh, I forgot: next to the dilapidated chapel, among trees, they give the impression of old ruins. Of course, we do not get any trees growing any more. :(

14. Maybe they do look nice, but I still don't like them. :) Don't like these old greco roman gods in general. I do like the Statue of Liberty, the statue of Jesus in Rio de Janeiro or Eiffel tower, but I still wouldn't like more then one item of each. These are like landmarks, not a regular stuff seen in cities. For regular decoration, things I mentioned, like different kinds of trees, shrubs, street lamps, park benches, bus stops, phone booths, mail boxes etc are a lot more convenient. Just the playground grid type might be a problem for these .......

15. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

I to do like its look that get enhanced by what it stand for.
    Some needles knowledge
    Statue of Liberty is a roman goddess.
    US secretary of war (a southerner) ordered the artist to change her headwear as it was a roman symbol of freed slaves, that's why it "wrongly" has a diadem.
    During WW I German saboteurs set of an explosion that made minor damage to it.

16. That made me read about the origin of the Statue of Liberty. And what I read did not fully persuade me that you are right. The author of the statue seems to deny any correlation between Roman goddesses and his statue. I will not go into studying the statue of Hera and Liberty as some suggest that is where it comes from and try to decide if the critics are correct and the author is lying. :) Nevertheless I realise that what the statue represents is what's important for me. I've never actualy closely looked at that statue. :) :) :) If I did observe it closely, I might not like it at all .........

17. Hipshot

Hipshot User

Hey, she's French, what's not to like?

18. billyjim

billyjim User

Going back a couple of posts -- It would be nice to have other options than a Greek god. But, we again run into the same problem of development time for all of these other ideas. We may see them but what would be the time factor in developing them for use. I think something like the lions at the foot of the stairs at the NYC public library or the Triceratops in front of the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History would look neat around my city hall or academy. How about a playground or some rides (Merri-go-round, Loop-do-loop, slides, swing sets, see saws, etc.) for the kids.

19. That's right! She's French, but she's been in America for a long, long time! Like ME! :)

nortoncommander likes this.
  20. billyjim

billyjim User

Okay, I have to get in on this now. She was a gift from the French people to the American people.
    "Inscription on the Statue of Liberty"
    Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
    Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Author: Emma Lazarus

Merci Beaucoup le peuple de France. It was a great Birthday present.

Now back on topic The more variety and choices we as mayors have the happier we will be. That is what lets us show our individuality and make our cities unique. There are a lot of different ways to do this. I believe this is what we all would like to see. The broader the base of experience the broader the pool of ideas that can be accessed. So everyone keep your ideas coming!​

Metro11 and wildheart50122 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.