Ancient Festival - Other statues than Zeus,please.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by [RO]Turel97, Mar 15, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

At Ancient Festival , what other statues than Zeus, you would love to have ?

1. Ares

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Demeter

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. Athena

15 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. other statue of a god from Olympus or from a different mithology

22 vote(s)
    52.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. considering most of mayors voted '' other statue of a god from Olympus or from a different mithology'' , then conclusion is that people want different statues, so that besides the bonuses , we should enjoy the design of those different statues.

i, for myself, im tired to look each day at my zeus clones, is almost like an army of clones preparing to invade a neighbour city.
    so until new different statues are available, im only half happy, due to the mood bonus i collect from this army of zeus clones.

and thus, we wait, and wait, til devs use their magic stick and send us more types of statues , so i be 100% happy.

wildheart50122 likes this.
  2. billyjim

billyjim User

I put all of my Zeus statues together in one spot (just for the kicks). I could not stand it. I almost had to take a drink. It looked like an AAA (Ancient Alien Army). Put all of the Zeus' back where they were spread out all of the city.

3. Tamy

Tamy User

:p
    I just keep some in the designer depot, until absolutely necessary.
    There is one point we should not overlook: these statues are a huge improvement on the trojan horse. The RC team is warmly thanked for this development, and is urged to keep the trajectory towards better decorations.
    And in more general terms: if an event is repeated more than a few times, it should award (a cycle of) varied rewards.

marylis and wildheart50122 like this.
  4. Well said! I completely agree!

5. billyjim

billyjim User

I can imagine changing the awards does require some extra effort, but it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe set up a rotating series of awards of equivalent mood value such as 2 Zeus statue, 1 luxury yacht, 1 shipwreck, 1 lighthouse. All are approxiimately the same mood effecting value.

wildheart50122 likes this.
  6. If they did that, though, it could no longer be called "Ancient" Festival. Maybe if they included the dilapidated chapel or created some other ruins or similar artifact?

7. marylis

marylis User

Only ancient Olympia can compete with my city. Finally, I feel like a genuine Greek mayor, and not only by origin :D:p;)

8. Tamy

Tamy User

Maybe provide the statues in different colors?
    Zeus in pink?

9. billyjim

billyjim User

From what I remember about Greek Mythology. Zeus is to macho and to insecure for pink. Hera would never let him forget about being Pink. She was a bit of a shrew. Now Purple, Mauve, or Chartreuse he might get away with. LOL

10. Tamy

Tamy User

He did turn himself into a swan once. It isn't such a long way from there to a flamingo..:p

11. billyjim

billyjim User

True but that was only to father Helen and Polydeuces and Hera made poor Leda life miserable.

I think with my last few posts that considering Hera's history we probably are tempting fate not having a statue of her available in our cities. Remember what she did to the City of Joppa in the "Clash of the Titans"

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    marylis likes this.
  12. marylis

marylis User

Billyjim, you are so right, Hera would never ever leave him alone for sooo long. She would find a way to infiltrate every city, one by one :p

13. The above sounds like a good reason to get rid of all these obsolete gods. :) Dump them at the dump yard. Even Greek philosophers ridiculed them. :)

14. Tamy

Tamy User

That's it! Brilliant! Let's have a statue of Socrates!

15. billyjim

billyjim User

Why stop at Socrates. There is Aristotle, Diogenes, Epicurus, Plato, Zeno, etc. We could build our own stoa.

16. momEva

momEva User

Personally, I would like an entirely different item. Maybe make statues (and yeah.. variety would be nice) a secondary reward, rather than the final one. I would like to see another residential unit, maybe a historic greek villa or Frech castle or some such. Even a thatched hut would be something different.

I like the buildnigs, understand it takes time to develop new ones. Still, having 8 log homes, etc is just a bit much -- even if they are much better than the "ordinary" residential buildings.

17. Ted65

Ted65 User

[​IMG]

amiga1 and Imaga like this.
  18. I won't vote because you didn't enabled "multiple vote allowed".
    However, I like your idea and I wish either all those statues would be available on rotation, either by chosing what kind of statue we want. :)

This idea would do also !

19. if not vote, then tell us what would you have voted for.

Ted65 likes this.
  20. All three, plus other kind of statues you haven't mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.