Bakeries

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by gamgrrl, Mar 27, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -MrMungo-

-MrMungo- User

That simply is not true!
    Excess PP CAN be a result of having too many workers for too long, but it could also be a case of being unlucky with comet packs, loot-o-matic prizes and other means when there is absolutely no way of using surplus PP.
    I have NO workers other than in the houses I have to have workers in (ie residential towers, a couple of studio apartments plus the few relevant masteries) and it has taken me over a month to go from just over 30 million PP to 29.5 million PP.

2. I have 13 million PP hoping to be able to give them away to friends when that element of the game is developed.

wildheart50122 likes this.
  3. kuroyany

kuroyany User

On the bakery issue, the idea of a production version of RIs would get my vote, if a mastery system is taking it too far. The latter would be needed if the devs keep adding new residentials in new playfields that require 'baked' goods.

4. It seems most are having trouble with rolls and bricks. All I'm saying is the game needs to keep up on production. It is simple supply and demand. As everyone runs short on material goods the price keeps driving up in market to the point it doesnt pay to even use the stuff. Better off doing away with commercial buildings as to buy at market with limited production capacity. It just takes away from the game. Just wish things were a bit more balanced.

5. That's part of managing your city : making choces how you use your scarse resources. :)

6. marylis

marylis User

Andydow, I would really-really appreciate a friend like you. :p;)

My problem is quite the opposite. I ‘m level 30 and I have 1.900 residents, around 1.000 workers. But I never have enough PP to retain high production to all my manufacturing facilities. I rarely get PP as prizes and I‘m struggling to keep my PP just around 100.000(!)
    So usually I spend my PP for material products, which I need more, instead for my bakeries. Actually I would be more than happy to rent(!) my bakeries or sell their products for PP.

13 million or 30 million PP, just seem like a magical number for me. :confused:

7. brucenic

brucenic User

I think you are just about at a "tipping" point marylis. I struggled for a while with PP and very rarely made tiles or panels as I couldn't afford to.
    I now have 1272 workers (only in dedicated houses and those needed for mastery) and the PP are slowly building up; 3.5 million just now.
    Different things become bottlenecks as you work through the levels.
    I've struggled with power, mood, cc and pp at different times. This was OK, as I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just needed more houses, more decos, or to unlock new buildings at higher levels, and I could overcome the problem.
    I don't see any resolution to limited production rates however.
    Unless the rules change.
    This is why I advocate MI (manufacturing improvements) similar to RI, upgrades to 4,5 or 6, and some kind of mastery for manufacturing.
    I see the MI as something that Bigpoint can sell (which is obviously good for them) and drip fed to non-paying gamers through events etc.

marylis and gamgrrl like this.
  8. marylis

marylis User

Thanks for the tip, brucenic. You gave me hope... :)

9. Marylis, back when I was about a level 25 or so rookie, I started reading a lot of posts that some of our veterans were complaining about having too many PP and their excesses began around level 30-32. At the time, I, too, struggled with keeping enough PP on hand to make it through. Regardless, I immediately started putting in as many PP dedicated residences as I could and putting capitalists or students in the rest. I now have 8 urban cottages, 8 terraced row houses, 2 studio apartments, 4 tenements, and 4 residential towers. Since doing so, I have been able to maintain a level of about 300,000 PP without worrying about running short or having too many. Within the next two levels, I will have all of my PP dedicated residences up to a level 4. I can now manufacture as many tiles or panels as I wish with no worries. Now, my only problem is when I'm doing an event and I have to collect from workers since I have so few worker residences, but I even have that figured out. I time this part of the event to take place at night when I'm asleep. This way, the residences that take 8 hours or more will come to maturity for my morning collection. Within a few hours of collecting my rent in the morning, I am usually able to complete the task. On the other hand, collecting from students and capitalists is a breeze! Take heart, dear. It'll happen. Just keep plugging away. Make sure that they all have all of their needs provided for. Keep working at the events to try to win as many more as you can. Gradually, you'll see a change. I did.

marylis likes this.
  10. harley9883

harley9883 User

HI, as your city grows this bakery issue problem will only get much much worse. I have over 2,500,000 production points (gloves) in my inventory at this point. I went the metro money development route as advertised and encouraged by Rising Cities management. My decision to do so was a very big Big BIG mistake.

They encourage the player to buy and upgrade as many high rise buildings as they want to with metro money. They also encourage the player to buy and upgrade as many commercial buildings as they wish to with metro money as well.

BUT, they have also MADE SURE the metro money player can never acquire the necessary manufacturing facilities to fill those commercial buildings with products, ..at any price.

X-Presso time canisters somewhat helped to eliminate this problem, but now they've taken that away too. In the real world this kind of behavior would be considered 'Inducing someone into a contract to do them harm. or acting in bad faith'.

I presently have 4 bakeries at this time, I figure I need at least 5 maybe 6 more to be able to survive. Until this mess is straighten out, there will be NO more metro money purchases by this player.

My advise to everyone is to stick to the free version side of this game as the "watch your city grow with Metro Money" is one very big Big BIG mistake.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    marylis likes this.
  11. I suppose they expect you to spend thousands of MM on instant production finish. Problem sorted from their view.

It might rather be that we will watch increasing number of Cities forsaken and desolate. :D :D :D

I personaly tend to buy good products and good services. Don't think this falls within the category. :)

Still the future can bring some change. Only people seem to be tired of complaining about this and that and getting nothing in response or exactly the opposite of what they asked for.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    lordrick66, marylis and rafijet like this.
  12. Tamy

Tamy User

Another solution is not to provide all residents with all their needs. I have about half my bread baskets in the inventory now, where they sit quietly and do not remind me that they are empty. The residents have to survive on a diet of beer and fries, and so far, none of them have complained.
    Just because a building indicates it would give you extra PP/EP/CC in return for some product, does not mean you must supply the product -- definitely not if you have over 2M PP.

wildheart50122 and nervo82 like this.
  13. gamgrrl

gamgrrl User

Hooray! A new bakery. Yay Easter :)

nortoncommander likes this.
  14. billyjim

billyjim User

harley9883 Thank you for the precautionary tale.

15. nervo82

nervo82 User

The bakery balance does need to shift: as far as I can tell it is inefficient to feed rolls, doughnuts or pizza to any of your citizens, certainly compared to selling them at the market*. This is a ludicrous situation.

Now, while increased production provided by an extra bakery may reduce the price of rolls etc this will be tempered in part by an increased demand (cost) for wheat (and tomatoes, raspberries), and with more breweries imminent this will only get worse.

I think a better suggestion was to reduce the supply from breadbaskets, doughnut stalls and pizza shops (12 rolls, 10 doughnuts and 8 pizzas) as we will soon run out of farm capacity like the brickworks.

Too late now I guess :).

* as mentioned above, if you are short of PP or EP just be patient and do a few events. You will soon reach a stage where you cannot use most of them and it becomes all about collecting CC to buy the tiles you need for upgrades. Hence selling bakery products.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  16. wizardelo

wizardelo User

yes that is the case later in the game, PP and EP are to abundant and cannot be fully used even with minimum worker/student housing
    and market selling is more profitable then actualy feeding your population.

17. Just today, I put the majority of my worker houses into storage. Now, what I need is some more EP only houses that do not bring in CC ... Just EP like the brownstones. It's interesting that you can only get one EP only style house in the designer depot, but you can get 3 PP only houses. My ERS people are high enough that I can't keep up with them EP wise!

Regarding the bakeries, I've suggested previously cutting the amount served to meet the needs of residents. I will say that, having moved my worker houses into storage (yes, I did have to use some of my MM to buy extra slots), I'm not using NEARLY as many pizzas or doughnuts. Now, I MIGHT actually have the chance to build my storehouses back up.

Marylis, don't fret. We've all been there. Within the next three to four levels, things will turn around and you won't have to worry about PP anymore ... you'll have more than enough. Even though I stopped putting workers into houses that weren't worker only houses around level 30, in ten levels, I've picked up 1.8 million workers. Now, having put my worker homes into storage, I only have 344 workers left on the playing field until I can get the numbers to go back to a reasonable figure.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    marylis likes this.
  18. DAVE111116

DAVE111116 User

I have stopped collecting all rent from all houses and focus just on production. Only collect rent when needed for events. So while i'm not collecting rent they don't need food, etc.

19. harley9883

harley9883 User

Hi MrMungo.

I know what you mean, I've been unlucky with comet packs and loot-o-matic too. My PP inventory has also exploded since xpresso was discontinued.

But there is an upside to all this, the time will come when you can turn all your PP dedicated residential towers into capitalist tenants (level 4), and let your manufacturing live off your PP inventory. This bright side will come, and you'll be glade you have the huge inventory you have.

By the way, congratulations on your over all game, ur in the top 20

20. skb13

skb13 User

I'll let you into a secret - your population don't run away if you don't feed them, but they still pay rent! :rolleyes:

wizardelo and nortoncommander like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.