Bi-Weekly Poll 01/04/2014

Discussion in 'Game Discussions & Feedback' started by -Wizz-, Apr 1, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you use the improvements in your city?

Poll closed Apr 5, 2014.
  1. 1. Yes

49 vote(s)
    67.1%
  2. 2. No

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  3. 3. Only when it’s required from the masters

23 vote(s)
    31.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Hello Mayors,

We are back with another poll this week. You can only choose 1 answer.
    This poll will end Friday, 04.04.2014 at 23:59 PM CET.

Your Rising Cities Team.

SHOMBEE likes this.
  2. brucenic

brucenic User

I only use on my very best houses.
    They are a better feature than I originally thought, and are a feature I like.
    Can we get them for manufacturing buildings please ;)

3. yes, sure i use them, i love them.
    they are both fun & necessity.

only thing i dont like about them, is that epic ones cannot be extracted from one residence, for example, and then to be put on other residence.
    would love to be able to do this. please tell devs this.
    thanks.

QueenVee and marylis like this.
  4. rossio

rossio User

I only use the 4 star ones, I'm too lazy to remove/repair the rest when they expire - and those (less than 4 stars) I only use when they are required in mastery challenges

5. I use them, but I hate having to remove them when they expire. I wish they would disappear on their own when they did. I also wish it was easier to get epic RIs. I have plenty of masteries that require luxury or epic, but I don't have any and don't want to buy a lot of classic ones just to get all of the epic ones that I need.

marylis and rossio like this.
  6. At first I didn't like RI as it was complete failure with it's initial implementation. The first update was not far removed from the total failure either. It only started to make sense when all negative "improvements" (see how funny it sounds? Improvement which makes things worse?) were removed. Then when they were used for Mastery the transformation into a valuable part of the game was completed.

With the RI introduction I made several case studies prooving that it had no real economical value due to the RI package price and higher stars tiny chances. Meaning that in vast majority of applications your purchase costs would be higher then your gains. This again changed with lot of RI of different levels being gifted for free.

Now I don't mind buying them just for the fun of playing with it, even though it doesn't make much more sense economicaly then at the start (but I'm not going to do any more case studies to prove it, as not much has changed in this respect when it comes to purchasing RI's and using them in plain applications). Although it does make sense to use purchased RI's with some mastery applications due to constant mastery level gain, level 4 avalability and some other minor aspects.

With the exeption of cost/gain failed economy (meaning the RI packs could be a bit, not much, cheaper to reduce cost/gain negative ratio) I think RI system is generally quite well balanced, although using 1 star RI on larger scale could be a nightmare. Even 4 star not being transferable seems to be a good concept and I don't struggle with that at all since new 4 stars are constantly added through quests and events. The scarsity of 4 stars makes players think twice before they use them. I understand RI system on similar level as Mastery - just an improvement, an added edge, which is not intended to be easily used on all houses immediately, but just step by step added temporary/constant improvement with slowly growing tendency due to increasing number of 4 stars placed in high level houses.

Of course it can always be made more generous, but I don't think it's necessary and I like it as it is.

It would be cool to have a variation of the system (RI and Mastery) for production facilities.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  7. SHOMBEE

SHOMBEE User

i use it only on the buildings which gives me more production points, now im collecting MM to buy Residential Tower and will place my epic improvements in that tower so that i can get more production points.......

8. Tamy

Tamy User

I tend to use the epic and classic as soon as I get them. The epic are a great addition to some of the better buildings. The classics I place so they won't clutter the warehouse;). I keep the mid-level improvements for use during mastery challenges.

9. thefazza

thefazza User

I pretty much agree with Norton's comments above. It shows that a function of the game that at first appears poor can be improved by listening to the community.

10. -MrMungo-

-MrMungo- User

Anyone know if Norton's answer was a yes or no? :p

Yes, I use them, however, some are more useful than others.
    The energy/mood ones are absolutely and totally useless. They are a waste and I wish they would just go away.

Rent timer is great for the lower levels (L1 or 2 of a building) when the rent timer is pretty high. It can be the difference between collecting rent 3 times a day instead of 2.
    I use xp during the relevant masteries, and the rent ones when I need to collect CC.

Once I get to the end of the masteries, then I put the epic RI in. (usually extra rent)

It'd be great if, in the future, we could make our own RI based on our own personal needs.

It'd also be nice to have some sort of repeat option for the classic RI (assuming we have them in stock) so we don't have to keep changing them every 72 hours.
    When you have a large city it's almost impossible to keep track of them all.

But, please please please, less classic RI in the platinum booster medals. It's ridiculous.

sleepylee and wildheart50122 like this.
  11. wizardelo

wizardelo User

i use improvements mainly for masteries... most of them are temporary and they mess up with rent timers, mood and power. things that mess up the overall city plan.

i've started using epic RI on L4 buildings as they are final and i can decide whats the best permanent modification for them.i think i read on a producer letter something about a RI workshop.. hope to see it in game soon!

wildheart50122 likes this.
  12. sleepylee

sleepylee User

"The energy/mood ones are absolutely and totally useless. They are a waste and I wish they would just go away".

I am in total agreement with you on this point MrMungo,the energy/mood so called improvements are mainly annoying and not much of an improvement unless they are Epic. I say this because a mood/energy improvement needs to be worked out by the Mayor as to what extent the improvement will prove,how much mood and energy you will save when employed. Aside from the epic ones that only need to be worked out the once when placed,the others,classic,luxury, not only need to worked out how much the mood/energy saving will be,but also remember that after 72 hours ,for a classic,the improvement will end and the bars will drop accordingly. So without noticing a Mayor could then unexpectedly miss this and also the fact there is a knock on effect to the level 4 update count for a building,i.e."collect rent to update your building at a high energy use". Also there seem to be many more mood/energy improvements issued than Rent and/or revenue increase ones which along with Experience are good improvements,i may be wrong on this but i always seem to have mood/energy ones kicking about in my Warehouse for a while (maybe Nortoncommander would be so good as to undertake a case study on it to check).

So my answer to this poll question will be 3,only when required for mastery,but in truth i only use the Epic ones and Rent/Revenue and Experience for classic/luxury improvements as it is frustrating to continue removing and replacing them.

Also another good point by MrMungo at the end of his post, "But, please please please, less classic RI in the platinum booster medals. It's ridiculous". This goes for Gold as well in my opinion. It is a real disappointment when cashing in your well earned medals and you are gifted with 2 classic improvements and say..some tomatoes (even though the award may be X2).

So there are my long winded,grumbling,worm eating opinions on the subject,and hope i haven't depressed you Mayors too much.

Mayor Sleepylee. :(:(:(

-MrMungo- likes this.
  13. Hipshot

Hipshot User

Improvements are a really good idea that the committee that worked them out turned into a silly waste of time. Why bother with an improvement that only lasts 3 days. For many of us, that's logging into the game about 6 or 7 times.

We asked for things like solar panels for the residences, they gave us an entire mess of improvements that, at first, hurt as much as helped. And, you can't move them around as needed.

These had to be created by a committee; no individual could have come up with something this silly on his own.

14. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Hello Mayors,

Here are the international results for this poll. We have also forwarded your suggestions and concerns along with the results.

Question: Do you use improvements in your city?
    1. YES – 1083
    2. NO – 73
    3. Only when it’s required from the masters - 467
    Your Rising Cities Team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.