Bi-Weekly Poll 15/04/2014

Discussion in 'Game Discussions & Feedback' started by -Wizz-, Apr 15, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

How would you rate the text and the story in the game?

Poll closed Apr 19, 2014.
  1. * Excellent

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. * Good, easy to understand

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  3. * Not bad, but could be better

17 vote(s)
    28.3%
  4. * Not good

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. * Bad translation

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  6. * Horrible

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Hello Mayors,

We have a new poll for you this week, please give us your honest answer.
    This poll will end Friday, 18.04.2014 at 23:59 PM CET.

Your Rising Cities Team.

xyakuzax likes this.
  2. What text? What story? Don't we create our own "story?"

3. yes, what story,there is no story in the game is there?

tpaintdoc05 likes this.
  4. They forgot to put the option of "nonexistent" :D :p :D

These guys are sooooooo funny. What other game gives you a chance to make so much fun of its makers? :rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes:

marylis, tpaintdoc05 and MillerWrox like this.
  5. harley9883

harley9883 User

"How would you rate the text and the story in the game?"

What Are you talking about???? Where can this text and story be found. Please add a page link.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  6. Tamy

Tamy User

Maybe they mean the short texts we get with the events and the (very very short) texts in the quests?

7. billyjim

billyjim User

Sorry Wizz I do not understand the poll question and it appears that others do not either.

What are you talking about: Are you talking about the text of the messages written in the game to the players; Are you talking about the over all message or theme of the game; Are you talking about the scenario and plot twists inside the game play;

The question is just to vague to answer in this manner. I need another category not applicable or do not understand question. I would like to help, but sorry, no vote from me.

8. brucenic

brucenic User

I agree with Tamy that this is what they must mean.
    I found the game easy to pick up, and there are very few times I've been confused.
    But then, I've played SimCity and other similar games for many years.

9. super_emu

super_emu User

I put good.
    For events, quests and emergencies I understand any text presented and it makes sense. There is always room for improvement though :)
    Plus there isnt too much text or story line to begin with, but personally I dont think there needs to be.

10. Dollars2

Dollars2 User

Frankly. I think the text is horrible unless they changed it. I still don't even know how i became mayor; was it an election, did i kill someone, or did some military jaunta install me as "Mayor for life" :D

11. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

Why is it that I can only vote bad translation, are they so sure that the translation is bad that we don't need any other option? :rolleyes:
    On the other hand we can only vote "easy to understand" so I guess they are confident they nailed that part :)

If people need to guess what the questions mean then there is a huge chance that the result will be misleading.

Suggestion of next poll:
    How would you rate the text in polls?
    Horrible
    hm not sure we need more options

12. To have a bit more fun, what about this "story"? :)

It is very important for me to be very open and honest with you all, as well for you to know that we take all feedback from you very seriously. I have been reviewing the game, your feedback, and feedback from the team here and working on a way to move forward with Rising Cities. If I am honest, I am very excited for the future, and the long-term goals that we have for the game. I’d like to share with you what we call a “User Story”, which for us is a short, simple description of a feature/game told from the perspective of the player, i.e. what you should be doing and feeling whilst playing Rising Cities.

“I want to become the mayor of an amazing city, building it from a humble hamlet to a sprawling metropolis spanning multiple playfields. My objective is to expand my city to new horizons by constructing beautiful buildings, producing goods to stock in stores, and keeping my citizens happy by meeting their needs.”

https://board-en.risingcities.com/threads/producers-letter-1.11606/

It sure is "easy to understand" :D :D :p :D :D

No, seriously, the story goes like that:

Once upon a time there was a producer, who promissed to be openned. But on his way home from the public meeting he was eaten by the bear and never seen again. So after some time, there was another producer, who promissed to be openned, but on his way home from the public meeting ................. record scratch ............

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    juli1308 and kaloian69 like this.
  13. billyjim

billyjim User

Nortoncommander I like both story lines. The brother Grimm need to watch out.

14. There is a catch though in the first story line. They somehow failed to realise that it is not meeting needs that keeps citizens happy, but decorations and commercials placement. So as simplistic as the story line gets, it still contradicts how the system actually works.

As I say, it's just words and ideas and a bit of digital code. Space for fun. :)

15. billyjim

billyjim User

Fun is great. Digital codes are only electrons flicking back and forth through wires. You are correct the fairy tale you wrote is contradicted by the reality of the changes and rules imposed upon us. :D :eek:

16. juli1308

juli1308 User

***lol*** that's only a delayed April Fool. There was an unknown, unexpected bug, which did not allow to start the poll on April 1st :p

BTW: in the German Forum the poll did not start because the British humor is much better than the German ;)

17. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Poll refers to all text aids including the help screens from tutorial tasks as well as text related to weekly quests which can be noticed in the event window during each stage of events.
    We are interested to know your opinion on these as well information given in the game by RC characters when a new feature is introduced

Thank you.

skippyroo1980 likes this.
  18. billyjim

billyjim User

Wizz thank you for the explanation. I was confused. I understand the desire to be concise and brief.

The problem with English as language is that it crosses so many cultural and societal borders. This leads to misinterpretations.

As George Bernard Shaw over a hundred years ago said "England and America are two countries separated by the same language.". This has only gotten worse over the last century, as more people have used English.

You guys do a great job handling this and deserve credit for what you do. Thank you. Keep trying and keep improving.

19. bobcities

bobcities User

I think the story line are really good

20. -MrMungo-

-MrMungo- User

Out of all of the things in the game that require work, they ask a question about something that is completly and totally irrelevant?
    Ridiculous.
    More time is needed to be spent on creative improvements (new levels in March!) and improving the game, rather than this squit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.