Bi-Weekly Poll 18/03/2014

Discussion in 'Game Discussions & Feedback' started by -Wizz-, Mar 18, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

What kind of gifts would you like to give to and receive from your neighbors?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2014.
  1. 1. Normal goods (products)

19 vote(s)
    37.3%
  2. 2. Resources (construction materials)

27 vote(s)
    52.9%
  3. 3. Decorations

18 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. 4. City Credits

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  5. 5. Master Keys

15 vote(s)
    29.4%
  6. 6. Production and Education Points

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  7. 7. Vitamin –X

16 vote(s)
    31.4%
  8. 8. Loot-o-Matic tokens

25 vote(s)
    49.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizardelo

wizardelo User

so what stops players from creating new accounts just to gift their main account free permits? gifting is bad! while you may think you are helping your friend, he is already helping himself with his 20 new created accounts.

gifts are either to powerful and will unbalance the game or to useless to be worth the effort. in either cases there will be players who will harass you to befriend and gift them stuff!

2. Who do you think pressures them? I'm not aware of any such pressure.

3. rossio

rossio User

No gift system please.

wildheart50122 likes this.
  4. billyjim

billyjim User

When I first thought about the idea of gifting I was thinking cool I like to give things to people. I did not think nor expected to get items from people (drawback from being a hermit like). After reading the comments and thinking about the idea over a couple of days. I do not want to see us have a gifting system. I would rather see an expansion of the Marketplace to offer mass selling like it does now and to offer private sales through like skd13 suggested (maybe a bulletin board system). Also expand the items like building permits, master keys, expresso, medals, granite panels, etc. This would allow mayors with excess of these items to benefit from them and acquire the products they need from their neighbors.

If the goal of the developers is to make the game into a portal to a more viable community then the expansion of the market place would assist in this because the mayors would have to communicate their needs and desires to each other and negotiate with each other. Therefore we need better means of communication between mayors and less barriers.

5. momEva

momEva User

My vote is for NO rewards. I don't use facebook, won't benefit at all from it.

I this case, there is little interaction between players anyway, so there is no real point. Word of mouth will do more (in my opinion) to spread the game. I find more people angry with friends and coworkers because they were asked to "friend" them so they could get more candy crusher lives or whatever than benefits. I see this backfiring readily. It sounds good at first, but then becomes a pain.. and give some people who are basically just more annoying (asking/demanding others "gift" them) benefit. Why contribute to that kind of negative behavior? Turns a LOT of people off many games. This has been an exception. Let people who want gifts play the games that have them.

6. Doggone

Doggone User

There are games where gifting is done right and there is abuse in all games also. I'm playing a game right now where you can visit a friend and "buff" some of their buildings. The buffs last longer on your friends play play field then they do on your own. Also - friends can "group" together to earn certain things. This type of friending is very helpful for the new player like me. So not all friend systems are like FB or terrible features.

7. Hipshot

Hipshot User

With gifting comes the person that 'needs' something. They then drive people nuts asking for it. Then as it progresses, some start pleading for it.

"Please gift me a <insert item here>", becomes the manta, and the chants extend into constant stream of requests.

Just look at the facebook page and see how many people want to be friends. Even though friends can't give you stuff or see your city. There's post after post after post of folk wanting to be your friend. Multiply that by the number of items possible to be given; that'll give you an idea of the annoyance level that will come with such a change.

Now I see why they don't want to tell us in advance what they are going to do. Simply put, if we knew, many of us would go find another game for our free time if we knew the emergency system was going to be random, the update would stop quests from completing, the cinema wouldn't finish ... ever, Spotify wouldn't pay off, or cash for action would be impossible to complete.

Once again I'm going to withhold my money from the game. I really don't want to invest more in a game that I'll probably be setting aside due to annoying or non functional additions.

8. sleepylee

sleepylee User

I would like to receive gifts 1 to 8 and give out in number 1 under normal goods,a potato. My reply is as daft as the Poll question. I do so hope that the Devs have better Poll questions than this one,ones that the game needs dealing with a lot more urgently than this or we are all in trouble.
    Yours in disbelief,Mayor Sleepylee. o_O

9. I agree.

10. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

I vote 9, no gifts.
    I don't have the trust for this team to be able to handle such a difficult and dangerous thing as a gifting system.
    Its just to easy and tempting for the devs to misuse it. Wouldn't be surprised if they even open up for misuse from players.

11. garrius

garrius User

I also do not agree with the gifting system....although I think there should be a feature where you can exchange goods or permissions with 'friends'.
    The goods would be valued in the system with either mm or cc to ensure a value exchange. With building permissions there would also need to be a value attached to them for exchange.
    This way people could exchange the things they dont need for the things they do...100 brick for 100 roof tile...300 concrete for 100 brick...180 pilsner for 10 bricks, etc

12. You have market place to do that. :) You exchange by selling and buying. :)

13. garrius

garrius User

Yes...but you cant exchange permissions, deco's etc

15. I play Farmerama also and we gift. The friends I have are not pushy at all. You just end up with friends who always gift you and you gift them back. It is a great way to get things you need such as construction materials or things that you are collecting for tasks. I don't have facebook, so unless you keep this game open I couldn't play.

16. Alyzea

Alyzea User

Id have to agree with you...

17. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Here are international results of this poll.
    New poll will be available next Tuesday.

Question: What kind of gifts would you like to give to and receive from your neighbors?
    1. normal goods – 443
    2. resources – 805
    3. decorations - 435
    4. City Credits - 348
    5. keys - 323
    6. production and education points - 337
    7. Vitamin-X - 356
    8. Loot-O-Matic tokens - 594
    Your Rising Cities Team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.