Birthday Event 2015

Discussion in 'Game Discussions & Feedback' started by tassie-devil, Aug 26, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. garry58

garry58 User

Wow 13,800 pumpkins to produce how exciting is that!

2. Daedalus89

Daedalus89 User

Hastily put together. Modifications of other events. Developer getting lazy? Lost the mojo? Where's the creative team behind the game gone?
    The last reward of the birthday cake residence looks nice but can't tempt me.
    Outrageous amounts and completion time for each producing items eg roses. And didn't even give out production points for help either. Wasn't it supposed to be a special event? Cause of celebration? Should have make it easier!
    Not worth it.

3. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Now I know we are disappointed but lets not ignore the facts.

I wouldn't say hasty. It's supposed to revisit the special events of the year. It has always been like that. Maybe it is a bit lazy or unimaginative to recycle like that, but that isn't new to this year. Lack of champagne and a perhaps hastily modified house are lazy though.

That's not to say it couldn't use revising. I always thought it was silly that the mills at least aren't put to use, and that there are only five stages where the other special events have nine. Rather have more stages than spending days on one.
    All of the event items are cheap in PP and most have long timers, so you can get back what you spend easily yourself when you collect rent. Though the items required have increased, it doesn't add much time if any to most stages over the previous years if your facilities are maxed, which you pretty much have to do anyway. Roses are the least of your concerns and remain reasonable. Pumpkins now… And the cake… the cake…

That there aren't three prizes with each step as with most events is rather a bother though, even if it would only CC/PP/EP. But then, this event was designed with champagne boosters the first time, so that kind of made up for it. Now it just feels empty and not very rewarding.
    It is easy. Long and tedious, but easy enough. The special events are generally easier than the regular ones, I can only assume so as to be more accessible as they are only once a year. Though it is a bit harder than the others still, and especially the difference between the first two tiers and the second two is perhaps a bit much. Even if you only have three bakeries, if you are punctual you can finish with more than a day left on the highest tier if you plan well and have the time and capacity, which is the case for any event. It's still less punishing than the biker rally in that case.

Those bakeries though… The inequality is amazing. It can take from just over a day to almost three depending on how many you have. This kind of situation should never have been allowed to happen. BP really has to rectify the production disparity. It isn't fair to rebalance an event while leaving production totally unbalanced. Yeah, it's still doable, but there is a huge discrepancy in ability that is independent of how one has developed their city, as production permits haven't been made equally available. Getting to level 25 is relatively fast. Only three bakeries is bordering unreasonable for what you would think would be a more relaxing event. It's a whole other level than the tragedy with the mills. If anything, the other special events needed an increase in difficulty more than this one.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    candyboopg, cityrocks48 and billyjim like this.
  4. billyjim

billyjim User

What Arsuru nicely said thanks. I agree with you.

5. wow i would have thought it would have been way better than this i was reading previous birthday events and they seen WAY WAY better.sure was wishing 4 those champagne bottles every1 was talking about and it took me 3 days to finish the 1st task.i am of thinking of just stop playing this event because i am a new player and so i don't have a lot of production points.hopefully next years event will be better???
    cityrocks48 :9228968

6. MisterN68

MisterN68 User

Exciting, maybe, but also time consuming and maybe frusturating 4 some in my opininon. Output 240 (Farm top level), production time 6 hours. Takes about 7 production runs 4 me (about 2 days, depending when u start and if u wake up at night to start a run). Im lucky to have 8 top level farms (No offence to any1, especially to those with lower amount of farms).
    Also i have soon collected the sweets, but i am only at half-way of pumpkin production. Have to use MM in some point maybe, however theres plenty of time to complete (+5 days) at this point though.

MisterN68

7. wrighty8

wrighty8 User

What the BE JESUS?? a birthday event ??? roses??? did they just grab some data from 1999 and throw it together BORED BORED BORED
    look out for Mario and sonic on the streets
    Wrighty8 id 4685170 I think ???

8. Arsuru

Arsuru User

@wrighty8 I don't think there is anything really wrong with a birthday event in principle. Honestly though, how are Sonic, Mario, and 1999 even relevant? Except for the obvious parallel of SEGA and BP being keen on making really questionable decisions regarding their own IPs. :rolleyes:

9. Toronto

Toronto User

Are these actual prizes or just passes? I couldnt find my palm trees after completing stage 1 ( 20-24 )

10. billyjim

billyjim User

The prize is the permit to build more of the items. Not the item itself. So should be in Designer Depot added to the number of permits you all ready have.

11. nervo82

nervo82 User

I was all ready to go up to maximum troll about this but, taking my cue from the devs, I just can't be bothered. Won't be wasting my time doing the event either, and really quite ambivalent about whether to continue playing at all.

I am perplexed that the FAQ for last year's event has been removed, it makes no sense (except to hide the scant differences with this year). The only parallel I can think of is a certain british political party removing their prior commitments (pledges, assurances, promises, blah) from the e-record - not a welcome comparison.

Still, I'm sure someone knows what they are doing (smirk) ...

s.c.lynx likes this.
  12. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

I am sorry to hear about the political party in Britian. I have just double checked the thread and apparently some one saved the wrong file to the wrong place. I will ask the "Powers that be" what exactly happened. Before we start having Congressional or Parlimentary hearings on the matter.

13. Arsuru

Arsuru User

No, actually, that isn't the FAQ, but the announcement. The link to the FAQ therein does indeed point to the 'new' (i.e. modified old) FAQ, in which you can easily see the original posted and modified dates. It happened on the German board as well. The French still have the old one. Maybe it has something to do with Charlie. I didn't check elsewhere.

I couldn't imagine any good reason to hide it, which makes it all the stranger. If they are worried about the increase, then they are paranoid, because it doesn't add significantly to time if you have all facilities maxed. I can't imagine an extra thread being too much either, especially as most of it would be copied. All-in-all, it's just strange, to say the least.

s.c.lynx likes this.
  14. Was really looking forward to this event. Then I saw the rewards. What a let down. These special events SHOULD have special rewards. If BP would put even have the energy into this game, that they put into some of their other games. This game would be rocking. I feel like I am being treated as the proverbial red-headed step child. So sad.:(

Estrid likes this.
  15. s.c.lynx

I have been told that it was indeed a mistake that the file was saved to the wrong place and we can not find a unaltered version of the correct data.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue.

16. kapaul0

kapaul0 User

Oops, I'm going to be out of town starting this afternoon (and going until the following Wednesday). Is there any way to stop the Birthday event that I have in the Event Center? I'm not going to be able to finish it.
    kapaul0
    Id No 9192485

17. billyjim

billyjim User

Sorry there is not a way to stop an event once it has started. I have been there before. The only option would be to use your MM's to pay for the levels you have not completed. ;)

18. s.c.lynx

Thank you one more time Billyjim. There is no way to stop an event once it starts and events are only available for a designated period of time. There is always next year. We hope.

19. candyboopg

candyboopg User

Hi this my first time playing the birthday event, and I am disappointed with it. I thought the pumpkins were a little high in the amount for the prize and the cakes are to long in making them, 6 hours to make cakes really is to long. I thought with the birthday prizes should have given some MM or some bakery or farms or building permits for vegie stands or dinners. Something for the big amounts they wanted. I collected more then over the amount of candy that I needed , before I got my pumpkins made and it looks like I will have a lot more hats then I need before I finished my cakes, if I make them in time. There needs to be some basic balance with both items that are needed. In saying that it happens with some of the events you get more of one item then you need. well I hope whoever makes these events listen to the players when they plan the events. The prizes need to be equal to what they ask for. :)

candyboopg #9148457

MisterN68 likes this.
  20. SomeXDude

SomeXDude User

last 2 steps for higher level players requires terribly large amounts of pumpkins and cakes and to say the cake is a lie. :rolleyes: