Boats Ahoy? Ocean Expansion?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Geflin, Apr 20, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Should there be more (residential) "boat"/ocean permits, to fill the open waters?

Poll closed Oct 20, 2015.
  1. Yes, there are too few residential boat/ocean permits; we need more types & permits.

96.3%
  2. No, the boat permits we have are sufficient.

3.7%
  3. Other (Please state what in a reply to the post)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geflin

Geflin User

I have noticed there is a lot of open water space in the Sea Coast field that we can buy and place things on...and some in the Suburbs that we can't...but that as far as boat style residential houses we really do not have enough to fill that space. True, we can buy additional Rondavels, Nautilus, and Luxury Houseboats with MM or even win free ones; but that's a lot of space and a lot of the same stuff, even if one buys the extras.

It should not be that difficult to come up with a few new boat style houses for us to place. Some examples: (1) Converted cruise liner that is like a luxury condo (2) Yacht houses that are not just deco but actually have residents (3) Partially submerged/partially above water biosphere type house (4) Converted old world Clipper Ship (5) Oil Rig (house workers only, acts like an at sea tenement complex).

These are just a few ideas. The new types could be spread across the Levels following Level 19 when the Sea Coast gets unlocked, to make it balanced. So, ahoy me fellow Mayors; cast yer votes and speak up ;) Am anxious to hear what you all think about this, and what other ideas you might have for boat/ocean building permits.

2. We could go up market and have a cruise ship terminal with very high mood, along with cruise ships to take our hard working minions on holidays to our other mayors cities, pop capacity around 500 happy holidayers at a level 4 cruise ship ;):):)

3. Good Evening,

I think your idea is good and I like it, it is very nice:)

Your Sincerely,

Captain123456

Captain123456 | ID 9168786

4. Kiriana

Kiriana User

Yes, please float us some new boats. It's a big blue ocean out there...let's fill it with something more than fish? I think the yacht idea works (you actually can live on big boats like that). Oil rigs full of workers is realistic as well...those guys live out there for six months at a time and then swap crews. What about a Marine Biology floating station with a small boat, designed to house students only? That's my contribution to the idea pool. There's just so much open space out there it seems a shame to waste it:confused:

captain123456 likes this.
  5. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Nice Idea. Showing my age here, but how about a Yellow Submarine ? :D

Geflin and billyjim like this.
  6. billyjim

billyjim User

"We all live . . ." Ah the late sixties, what a horribly, wonderful time. From another old fossil

wrighty8 and Andrewjf like this.
  7. Geflin

Geflin User

That would actually be quite cool, yes:cool:

Andrewjf and billyjim like this.
  8. billyjim

billyjim User

Sorry I should have said I agree it would be pretty cool. Would be neat to have the fab four also. :D

Andrewjf and Geflin like this.
  9. skb13

skb13 User

Clearly someone at the design end of RC is into rock, hence the glamrock boot, stairway to heaven thing, urby road etc in Mystery3. So I'd have thought yellow submarine would definitely be possible.

Andrewjf likes this.
  10. Geflin

Geflin User

Maybe a deco sign for the edge of the (ocean) screen ...you know: Point of No Return (Kansas). But yeah, would not mind a yellow submarine or five. I just don't see the point of filling up all that open water space with nothing but deco....and the existing residential housing that can be placed on just water is pretty limited. Not a permanent fix to the need for additional land, but a good (and easy) starting point.

11. skb13

skb13 User

But they all lived in the yellow submarine - it'd be a residential home, not just a deco!

12. billyjim

billyjim User

Now that we are all stuck in a sixties nostalgia mode. How about an Underwater city land plot: Geodesic domes and tubes connecting it all. Fisheries and aqua farming. Then we would only need Admiral Nelson and Commander Craneor or Sea Lab
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sorry got carried away with the mood. Back to the fab 4 and the yellow submarine.
    [​IMG]

Andrewjf, wrighty8 and Geflin like this.
  13. Geflin

Geflin User

Exactly...which is why there would be five of them (initial building permits) ;)

14. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Well that spiked some interest! lol. Probably have to be an MM only property though to pay for the royalties/copyright :p:D:)

Geflin likes this.
  15. billyjim

billyjim User

I would spend the MM's for the nostalgia effect. :cool::rolleyes: Did I really say that, I guess I really would. LOL ;)

Geflin and Andrewjf like this.
  16. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Could definitely use more boat/water houses as there are only three currently which means a lot of repetition and/or unused water. Some that float freely and don't need to be tied to a road/pier would be cool because a network of docks might get silly and we could reasonably add some water plots. I was disappointed that the yacht is only a decoration.

Similarly, the accompanying beach permits are lacking, again with only three, and again, shore squares can be easily added. I'd have liked a lighthouse as an actual house too. I mentioned it once before, but a boat on land would make a fun house too. :D

Just messing around with my map of the city for fun, and the coast and suburbs probably have some of the most expansion potential in general. The coast can easily be bigger than the main field is now. And yes, bring on the underwater cities. Welcome to Rapture! So, BP, would you kindly indulge us? :cool:

[​IMG]

Andrewjf, Geflin and billyjim like this.
  17. Jess

Jess User

There is a Submarine in the decorations from level 46. Can't see what colour it is though. Does anyone have one ? :)

Andrewjf likes this.
  18. billyjim

billyjim User

It is a redish brown [​IMG]also it is only a decoration no residents. :(

Andrewjf likes this.
  19. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Interesting. Perhaps it was yellow originally and just gone a bit rusty (bit like me) .... :p:D

billyjim likes this.
  20. billyjim

billyjim User

Welcome to the club :eek: It is sad to get old :oops:

Andrewjf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.