Chit-Chat on the Road

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by *kimmi*, Sep 28, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geflin

Geflin User

Nah....owls are harbingers of death and keepers of wisdom; would need NO dye job, a single parrot feather stuck to my chin just below my beak would be sufficient to ward off any who thought an owl did not belong on a pirate's shoulder, yar ;)

2. billyjim

billyjim User

Interesting according to Greek and Roman lore the Owl is the harbinger of Death. In other cultures the Owl is revered for example:
    • Australia: Aborigines believe bats represent the souls of men and Owls the souls of women. Owls are therefore sacred, because your sister is an Owl - and the Owl is your sister.
    • Brittany: an Owl seen on the way to the harvest is the sign of a good yield.
    • Greenland: the Inuit see the Owl as a source of guidance and help.
    • Romania: the souls of repentant sinners flew to heaven in the guise of a Snowy Owl
    • Russia: hunters carry Owl claws so that, if they are killed, their souls can use them to climb up to Heaven.

Tartar shamen of Central Russia could assume Owl shapes.
      Kalmucks hold the Owl to be sacred because one once saved the life of Genghis Khan.
    • Samoa: the people are descended from an Owl.
    • Siberia: the Owl is a helpful spirit.
    • Wales: an Owl heard among houses means an unmarried girl has lost her virginity.
      If a woman is pregnant and she alone hears an owl hoot outside her house at night then her child will be blessed.
      In Welsh mythology, Blodeuedd, a woman made from flowers, is cursed by her husband's uncle, turning her into an owl. "You are never to show your face to the light of day, rather you shall fear other birds; they will be hostile to you, and it will be their nature to maul and molest you wherever they find you."
    All of the cultures seem to agree that the Owl is a symbol for wisdom. That is interesting. :cool:

*kimmi* likes this.
  3. Geflin

Geflin User

Remember, the Greek Goddess Athena had an owl for her closest companion. Thank you for the wonderful information my friend; some I knew, some I did not. That be right nice treasure you be givin' me, yar.

*kimmi* likes this.
  4. billyjim

billyjim User

Of course I do and Zeus required her to send her Owl, Nyctimene, to help Peseus to save Andromeda. She could not bear to be parted from the owl so she had Vulcan create a mechanical owl to send in its place. Owls are not the only wise ones, some of us old cats are well read also. Η εκπαίδευση είναι ελεύθερη or educationis libero

Geflin and *kimmi* like this.
  5. *kimmi*

*kimmi* User

[​IMG]

'EVERYBODY is just CRUMBS in lifes BIG bisquit-tin. Except ME, im a DELICIOUS little CHOCOLATE maringui!' :p ;)

[​IMG]

Kiriana, billyjim and Geflin like this.
  6. Geflin

Geflin User

*shakes crumbs from feathers* Are we talking buttermilk type fluffy biscuits or European chockie-chip style biscuits?

7. Official anoucement (not)

Hello everyone I am here to post to tell you that there are up to 4 threads about stuff I post, 1 is for chatting and United Kingdom stuff for the most important info and news also the other 3 are all ciniplexe problems please check out my ciniplexe thread if any questions or comment please post them there. I am greatful for any comments. :)

Lets chat shall we :)

Your sincerely,

Captain123456

captain123456 | ID 9168786

Last edited by moderator: Apr 13, 2015
  8. Geflin

Geflin User

*drops pin on floor to hear it go "ping"* Where'd everybody go? Was enjoying the chit chat...then 'poof'!

9. billyjim

billyjim User

Good question, But seven pages of chit chat is a pretty good run.

nervo82 likes this.
  10. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Weather here is lovely :D

11. Geflin

Geflin User

Weather here cold n wet. Good excuse to cuddle with Kiri ;) Of course, will need to hire Rent Collector so my city doesn't go broke whilst I am indisposed. Oh, wait, you still got to click (one button) to collect. What sort of Rent Collector makes you come collect your own rent?

12. *kimmi*

*kimmi* User

Hi BillyJim - you know from time to time real life takes over and require more time than usual but i hope to be back more often when garden-Works dont take so much time:

[​IMG]

billyjim and Geflin like this.
  13. Geflin

Geflin User

Hey Kimmi...looks like that one's a little less dandy and a little more LION ;)

daniel23492, *kimmi* and billyjim like this.
  14. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

VERY clever :D

*kimmi*, billyjim and Geflin like this.
  15. billyjim

billyjim User

Did some one say something about a fellow feline? There you go Kimi this is a Lion with out a bit of dandy about him! :p
    [​IMG]

Geflin, *kimmi* and Andrewjf like this.
  16. Geflin

Geflin User

That's one biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig putty tat!

17. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

It's quiet..... too quiet..... I'm guessing our Mods/Administrators are happy.... but sheesh.... this is the Forum for the English Speaking world!! Hmmm.... :(

PS. Hang on, maybe there is a life outside RC.... I know I felt a breeze the other day... I will go and investigate....

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    *kimmi* likes this.
  18. billyjim

billyjim User

Maybe if we all face the same way ahd blow really hard we can kick up a stronger breeze, maybe a wind.
    [​IMG]

Now all together 1 2 3 . . . Wait do we blow on three or is it 1, 2, 3 then blow?

*kimmi* and Andrewjf like this.
  19. Andrew, yes there is life oustside of RC, but at least in here were in a stress free environment ;):p
    @billyjim, i dont think i can hold my breath till 3 then blow us old fogies lungs are not as good as you younguns :p:p

Andrewjf likes this.
  20. billyjim

billyjim User

Skippyroo I have faith in your abilities. You can do it pal. Takes some deep breaths and get set. Now Hold it in.

Andrewjf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.