Cineplex - a RC-problem

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by *kimmi*, May 14, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *kimmi*

*kimmi* User

Hi - from time to time i get this Picture:

[​IMG]

how do i get back to the game without reloading the game?

2. hi Kimmi, I have pushed your problem over to a higher level so I am waiting for a response on this, as soon as I find out anything I will let you know.

Andrewjf and *kimmi* like this.
  3. Geflin

Geflin User

Many of us are having this problem; I suspect it's something in the html or css coding regarding 'sizing'...a conflict between the advertisers' code and BP/RC's basic coding on the Cineplex. So far I have been unable to find any way out of it and back into the game without reloading. Hopefully they will get this fixed soon...for you and for everyone else.

*kimmi* likes this.
  4. Arsuru

Arsuru User

I mentioned this in one thread already, but you just have to know where to place the cursor. It's very easy once you know where to click.

If you look closely, you can still see part of the red X and you can click on the very edges of it. If you try positioning the cursor a bit to the bottom-left (a bit easier) or top-left of the logout button you can still close it. You could also start on the the logout button and move slowly towards the edge, as it will shrink when you are no-longer on it, at which point you will likely be on the close button. If you pay attention, you can still see the X change size too for an indication. You will eventually find a point where 'Close' will appear at your cursor when you hover it in the right position.

Otherwise, just right-click > reload frame, or reload as a last resort. You don't actually need to log out and in again, usually. I know, it's annoying and there really is no reason for this to even be an issue, but it's not that bad once you know where to click. You can get it every time.

*kimmi* likes this.
  5. billyjim

billyjim User

Thanks Arsuru this does work but it is a little tricky and does require a very steady hand and mouse control (or fine control on touch screen) :eek: A little hard for some of us.

*kimmi* likes this.
  6. *kimmi*

*kimmi* User

... yes - our hands tend to shake at our age - right BillyJim :p

7. billyjim

billyjim User

Hi kimmi, where have you been hiding? You are absolutely correct. :rolleyes:

8. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Well, that certainly makes it difficult. A stylus may help on touchscreens. You can always try adjusting the mouse sensitivity/acceleration, trying a different tracking surface temporarily (cloth can work nicely to restrict movement, assuming it's an optical mouse), or using only the fingers to move the mouse, keeping the arm still. If you're really desperate, you could get an old mechanical mouse or trackball, remove the ball, and roll the rollers with your fingers. :cool: That should allow for precise placement with little chance to accidentally loose position. Probably easier just to reload at that point though.

Hopefully this won't take too long to fix.

Andrewjf likes this.
  9. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

I have moved this thread from the technical question to the speakers corner. This has become more of a Forum Discussion now. The original question has not been forgotten but has been forwarded up the chain by Tassie-Devil.

Andrewjf and *kimmi* like this.
  10. billyjim

billyjim User

Asuru You are correct by the time you do all that it would be easier to just refresh the game and start over. :p The other suggested strategy is to keep reloading the frame, Right click>this frame>reload frame, until you get to a video that works. But, this is very hit or miss.

11. Geflin

Geflin User

Frankly, to be honest, I would think a simple sizing conflict would be easier than this to get fixed. I actually enjoy using the Cineplex; MM benefits aside, I like knowing what's coming out a wee bit early or at least currently...and since I don't bother with TV, the ads on the Cineplex were quite helpful on occasion. Hope they get it fixed soon.

Andrewjf likes this.
  12. krishhtina

krishhtina User

Andrewjf likes this.
  13. city8936

city8936 User

i have this same problem EVERYDAY so i gave up weeks ago on watching there movies!!!!please fix

14. billyjim

billyjim User

City8936 If you read Arsuru post he gives the best temporary fix for this problem I have seen so far.

15. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

I think some peoples screens must be different BJ. Arsuru's suggestion does not work for me. I get the add-blocker screen that now fills the entire window and the movie itself loads up without borders and "floats" over the top. The only two icons I can click are the "?" and the logout icons. I have no partial X button :( If the movie doesn't work then a browser refresh (apart from using the log out icon - if the movie is little) is the only way I can get back into the game. Anyway, as ever, I daresay it will be fixed in the fullness of time - and I support those complaining in this instance as it's a programming issue and not a movie related one :):p:D..... Tassie probably has the best long term solution, but I like the look of the building :cool:

city8936 likes this.
  16. city8936

city8936 User

yes i agree with u billyjim but unfortunately i don't have touchscreen yet!!!:(so that will not work 4 me but thanks 4 trying 2 help me:).I guess i'll have to hope they will fix this soon as i am not the only person with this problem:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.hopefully when they do fix it they will let us know cause i don't think i will try it 4 awhile.

17. Arsuru

Arsuru User

I wouldn't rule out that it could scale slightly differently, but the visible portion is rather small at only a few pixels.

You don't need one. It's almost certainty easier with a mouse anyway.

18. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

I will need to look a little closer lol. Bit old, bit blind, But thanks Arsuru :D

19. i can lend you my magnyfing glass for a hour or two Andrew ;):p i also all of the above

Andrewjf likes this.
  20. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

:D Thanks buddy :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.