Cineplex bug.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by xaviersxmen, Nov 28, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When it resets sometimes it has start film. But then it goes to a screen that says not movies available then I back out and it takes my 1 of 3 turns but dont give me my metro money.

2. PirateLee

PirateLee Guest

Please post your ID number so I can check your account:)

3. Still a glitch in the cinema--lost 3 mm now--losing daily.

4. PirateLee

PirateLee Guest

If you want me to check you need to post your ID number.

That being said you cannot lose something you never had, I do believe you mean you have not been able to get this free gift.:rolleyes:

5. rjv1986

rjv1986 User

ID:4799899

Mine did the same for all three yesterday and once so far today.

6. PirateLee

PirateLee Guest

These are your earnings as you can see it says you did not complete two of the views the others you where paid for?.

Cinema sponsorpay view 29.11.2013 20:19:06 Incomp.

Cinema sponsorpay.c view 29.11.2013 20:18:04 Incomp.

Cinema sponsorpay view 29.11.2013 18:51:38 -1

Cinema sponsorpay view 28.11.2013 22:11:42 -1

Cinema sponsorpay view 28.11.2013 18:32:33 -1

Cinema sponsorpay view 28.11.2013 14:55:54 -1

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  7. rjv1986

rjv1986 User

Last edited by moderator: Nov 30, 2013
  8. PirateLee

PirateLee Guest

You cannot log on to my support links they are just there for you to see what your logs say.

Each of those amounts added to your total.

Here is your Metro Money log:-

MetroMoneypayment . pack . paymentpack . 147 . currencyreal26.11.2013 23:27:451
    MetroMoneypayment . pack . paymentpack . 147 . currencyreal26.11.2013 23:27:251
    MetroMoneypayment . pack . paymentpack . 147 . currencyreal26.11.2013 23:25:551
    MetroMoneypayment . pack . paymentpack . 147 . currencyreal25.11.2013 21:34:481
    MetroMoneypayment . pack . paymentpack . 147 . currencyreal25.11.2013 21:33:021
    MetroMoneypayment . pack . paymentpack . 147 . currencyreal25.11.2013 21:28:071

MetroMoneypayment . pack . paymentpack . 147 . currencyreal29.11.2013 20:19:591
    MetroMoneypayment . pack . paymentpack . 147 . currencyreal29.11.2013 20:18:571

9. Where would I find my ID on this wonderful new forum system? Already lost 1 MM today-- and the correct term is lost, fits all three descriptions.

1.no longer to be found: lost articles.
    2. not used to good purpose, as opportunities, time, or labor; wasted: a lost advantage.
    3. being something that someone has failed to win: a lost prize.

10. ID 1075424
    What does it say for before the date on this first post I started this thread with. The movie worked the last three times but I think it was the ones before that or before that where the page came up saying that.

EDIT: See it did it again. The page had a X on it and it said "Sorry, we do not have any videos for you at the moment.". When I try and close it it says I have to watch the whole movie.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  11. nedrakay1

nedrakay1 User

I have lost 6 dollars on account the movie goes to blank screen and you say you want to cancel it takes my turn but I loose the money!!!! Can you please fix this problem Nedrakay1

12. dkarl2

dkarl2 User

Let's not jump on PirateLee; he's quite correct in stating that this new cinema experiment is a free opportunity provided by BP to potentially allow us to gain MM at no cost to us other than our time spent watching the (so far) short ads. You are under no obligation to participate and BP is under no obligation to provide the feature in the first place. I for one welcome this new feature as it allowed me to gain enough MM over several days to "purchase" some Master Keys so I could switch a few residentials into the required occupant type to satisfy a mastery challenge.

That said, I agree that it's a bit frustrating that a shot at earning 1 MM can be burned off when the cinema fails to deliver a video, through no fault on the part of the viewer (happened to me this a.m.; watched first video, immediately tried to watch a second, but the cinema had nothing to deliver the second time, so my ticket was wasted; having read several of these threads, I chalked it up to bad luck on my part, waited a couple hours, tried again, at which time I watched my second video of the day and earned my second MM for the day).

But, let's look at this from another perspective: In the previous 4 months, my wimpy Level 3 City Hall has only gifted me with a total of 2 MM, so winning 2 MM in a single day makes me pretty happy :).

It's perfectly reasonable for us to report technical glitches and/or functional irregularities, but griping that you only got one free MM might be considered a tad ungrateful.

Just sayin' :)

13. Game features that are added should be fair to all, unless it is the skill or prowess of the game player to get additional items. The Cinema was originally my idea and to see it marred like this is not acceptable. If items are never to be fixed just tell us in an announcement--don't try to hide the fact with fake concern or blaming the game players for something that is clearly a tech issue. I left for over 8 months because of tech issues and I am seriously thinking about never returning because of tech issues (not that Big Point would be concerned about money they will not receive or anything). Not griping--just want a fair playing field for all and genuine tech support for real issues at hand.

14. Heres something new now. I just played my last two. The count is 1 worked and 2 didnt. The first one didnt work and I posted a couple posts up on it. The second went fine. The next time it brought up a movie and played it just fine but there was no reward button and it didnt give me it automatically like the last one. I went to close and it said watch the whole thing. Well I did thats what I did. I have gotten maybe 1/3rd of the MM from movies. Yes I am gratful for the freeness but I thought this was a forum to post bugs and not get attacked when you did?

15. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Please always post your ID along with a technical issue, so we can investigate more in detail. We are very grateful for all the feedback with Cineplex as we try to see where the issues are so they can be fixed.

16. rjv1986

rjv1986 User

I'm guessing the ones on the right hand column represents the amount of metro money they say I earned. But that never showed up on my home page.

It did it again today. The first video showed up and I watched it, then a screen showed up that said you have completed the video you may now close this window and return to your game. When I closed it no metro money showed up. The second video worked fine and my metro money showed up when I closed the video. My third video did the same thing it has been doing for the last couple days. It said there are no videos to watch. But when I closed the box it warned me that if I didn't finish the video it would count it in the cinema.

So i've watched two videos today and one screen that said there were no videos. I only received one metro dollar and I can't watch anymore videos

17. Acjensen

Acjensen User

Acjensen | ID 1183733
    2 days in a row now issues. I have tried google chrome and IE.
    Movie screen loads and a play icon appears but movie does not play.
    After 5 minutes or so i pick the close option and acknowledge that i am going to loose ticket.

18. dkarl2

dkarl2 User

Apologies to IanAlexander and xaviersxmen: Didn't mean to offend you but to defend PirateLee, as he is trying to help us.

That said, I think we can all agree that there are bugs / inconsistencies in this new feature which we would all like to see repaired.

There appear to be at least two bugs, one of which I have experienced:

1) The cinema sometimes says there's a film waiting for you initially, but after you go to play the film the cinema interacts with the back-end list of available ads and finds none, does not allow you to back out gracefully and instead wastes one of your tickets. The front-end should have better communication with the back-end, confirm that there's actually an ad waiting before allowing you to proffer up a ticket. Many of us, myself included, have experience this shortcoming in design.

2) Some users (I have not had this happen to me) have apparently watched a video (ad) to the end, had the cinema acknowledge that they video was watched, but not been credited with the MM. BP should explore this, but PirateLee can't do much on his end: He can only see the activity that the system logs for your account, he's not a developer and cannot debug the code itself. I suspect this one is going to be tougher to resolve :( ... in my mind, it's quite possible that a vendor could misreport that you didn't finish watching the video, hence denying you the MM credit; or, it could be an actual bug in the BP code. Regardless, PirateLee can only see that the system claims you didn't complete the last two videos; but, he can send the info to the developers for them to investigate, right, PirateLee?

19. bonsaijim

bonsaijim User

Got shorted again today...

bonsaijim
    bonsaijim | ID 4610647

20. bonsaijim

bonsaijim User

I'm getting the problem where the video doesn't load- it then says that there is none available I can't go back to the game without canceling or refreshing- both cause me to lose my ticket...

bonsaijim | ID 4610647

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.