Cineplex Issue

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by axholio, Dec 5, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianSmith

BrianSmith User

I stand corrected. Still given that there are numerous complaints about this structure and its operation, I have to wonder why it is left operating in such a manner as it does today. I am a firm believer that if something does not function properly, it should be either fixed or removed.

2. Arsuru

Arsuru User

You stand corrected, yet you iterate your complaint in a slightly different manner to reinforce it anyway. See now, the thing is, it is functioning properly, at least in this respect. The blame is with the advertisers more than the cineplex itself that any place has more or less ads. Well, I suppose the real culprit here is a capitalist market, which advertisements are ultimately subject to. People complain so much because they are frustrated that they can't get something they suppose they are entitled to, so they assume it doesn't work in an attempt to justify said entitlement, misdirecting their frustration.

It's kinda funny; usually people complain about too many ads. :rolleyes:

3. BrianSmith

BrianSmith User

That's because what I am complaining about is a legitimate complaint. The Cineplex does NOT work all the time. Most of the time (and I realize that I failed to mention this point initially) I see the disclaimer blaming me on having Pop Up Blockers in place and to deactivate them. Well, I did deactivate them, to no avail and yet I still see this false excuse most every time I attempt to watch an ad. By the way, in this little world we live and play in these days ads from anywhere in the world can be used by advertisers to promote their products (which can be delivered around the world) to anyone in the world. So there is basically no excuse for the Cineplex to not show ads all day long, every day of the year.

Brian Smith 9655242

4. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Except, perhaps, that there are no ads to serve in your market, for whatever reason. If they aren't contracted, or other people get the views first, they won't appear, whether they are available or not. This has nothing to do with the cineplex working correctly, which it generally does. Even the pre-game ads are rare.

I assume you are in the US, as most of the anglophones seem to be. The majority of the lack-of-ads complaints I've seen come from there. I'm in France at the moment, and while there aren't always as many ads lately, they have always been more regular here in my experience. BP is a German company to begin with, and they may simply have less market share, especially among such games, than others in the US, or elsewhere. Ads vary by location. There probably could be more ads, but there aren't. Who knows why. Marketing is all rather complex.

While there are some problems with ads not paying/getting removed when they should, not getting ads does not mean it isn't working, regardless of your expectations.

Read the disclaimer more carefully: it says you might have a pop-up blocker active; it isn't blaming you nor is it a false excuse; it's giving you a possible reason the ad may not be visible. It's just an image; it doesn't actually detect if you have a blocker or not. It might not be best as a background image visible before an ad loads as it obviously confuses some people that can't read carefully, but it was put there after a lot people complained about not getting any ads before, which again, is related to the market

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  5. BrianSmith

BrianSmith User

I do appreciate your responses and I apologize if I appear to be here just to argue with you (or anyone) as that is not my intent. I have only been a player of this game for a little over a month and thought I would enquire as to why (in my opinion) it does not function as first glance makes it seem it should. Thank you for the clarification in regards to the disclaimer. My curiosity has been satisfied, thank you.

By the way, I am in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada and have been for the last sixty one years.

Brian Smith 9655242

6. Arsuru

Arsuru User

No harm done. Enjoy the game, and remember there are still other sources of MM available.

7. BrianSmith

BrianSmith User

I've tried the Cash for Actions Options and have had only a few links that actually gave the MM rewards. in most cases the links only take me to blank pages that don't do anything. Resulting in no rewards of MM. I have given up on that option.

Brian Smith 9655242

8. please help me i am not able to watch any movie to earn metro money.what should i do there is always written that there is no film available for this account.so what should i do.please help me and reply quickly .:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

9. The film is not available in all countries and only occasionally in others where some have them on a more regular basis,
    Is there anything else that we can help you with on this topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.