collecting axes

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Tcs001, Jun 26, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tcs001

Tcs001 User

This is ridiculous. I started phase 4 with over 22 hours left to complete the event. Now there is only 20 minutes left and I still need 74 axes just to complete phase 4, which ain't gonna happen. I have been collecting rent all day and night since I started this phase even sleeping with my laptop so when I wake up from time to time i can collect. I read some other people mentioning about having higher up properties, that still would not be good enough. For example I just collected from 7 properties - 4 collect every 3 hours and 3 every 6. I only received 13 axes! Another 1 that collects every 8 hours only 1 ax! You give us no chance at completing the event.

2. Caduceus

Caduceus User

Hello Tcs001,

Another way to ensure you collect drops for events is to provide required needs to residences. It can be hard to complete the portion of these events for lower level mayors, but keep growing your city and you will soon see that they are the quickest steps when your city becomes large enough.

Sorry for any inconvenience and good luck with future events.

3. Tcs001

Tcs001 User

I have 100% occupancy and all houses have their needs (diner, veg. stand) all I am saying is give us a fighting chance. Completing these events are what really helps us to expand. There is no reason that this quest cannot stay very challenging but, possible. If I didn't see so many people complaining about the exact same subject I would be done with it. Even the slightest bit of help, I am sure would be appreciated by everyone. Thank you

4. This sounds like another fairytale to me. Based on previous experience anyway.

Can somebody confirm with solid evidence that meeting needs actually improves drop rate of event drops?

5. -MrMungo-

-MrMungo- User

Nearly everything within the game seems to be set to random, so you seem to be either lucky or unlucky.
    I've not had any problems with drops for ages now.
    I think you just need to make sure you have loads of buildings, then you can often collect all the drops in 1 or 2 goes.

*kimmi* likes this.
  6. marylis

marylis User

Can somebody confirm with solid evidence that meeting needs actually improves drop rate of event drops?[/quote]

Actually, I didn’t know that. I thought that the drop rate has to do with the level of the building, and not with how well its needs are covered. Is it true?

7. billyjim

billyjim User

Yes it is true meeting the needs fulfillment does improve drops. It is one of many factors used to calculate the rate. I have a few buildings with out needs fulfilled they produce less drops than identical buildings types that are supported. Hope this helps.

marylis likes this.
  8. Do you keep record of drops for these buildings? :)

9. billyjim

billyjim User

No but I have picked up drop from a level one vintage duplex with fulfillment see how many I go, then from a same style building same level without fulfillment got about 59 % less. Hope this helps. Sorry did not record the exact number my memory was something like 3 or 4 for fulfilled and 2 for unfulfilled.

10. Of course it helps. :)

Now get a pen and paper, and record the numbers regularly for a month. If it still gives you similar results, there is about 10 percent probability it really is due to fulfilment difference, not just random engine............... lol

11. billyjim

billyjim User

I will next time I do an event. That looks like it will be Monday. :(

12. marylis

marylis User

Thanks, good to know. Better late than never I guess...

13. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Honestly, between my city (fulfills most needs) and my girlfriend's (who doesn't due to a more chaotic layout) I've never noticed needs being fulfilled changing anything.

Something strange though, is that she seems to get some drops relatively faster than me, even though I've expanded my city far more. Makes me wonder if there is some kind of calculation based on amount of buildings or something, since it seems mine had been steadily less per building as I added more buildings. This is a rather casual observation over many months though.

The number of buildings generally makes up for any lower amount of drops that may exists. At this point, a full rent collection usually gives me most or all of the drops needed for most regular events.

14. This sounds more like what I would expect. Needs making no difference, number of building does.

15. -MrMungo-

-MrMungo- User

Maybe chivalry isn't dead and buried after all? ;)

Based on my own research, I think as you progress through the levels, you get less drops from the low-level buildings.
    For example, someone at Level 50 will get a lot less drops from the Eco Houses, as opposed to someone at Level 12.

It's been a fair few months since I tested it out though, so it may have changed a bit.

*kimmi* likes this.
  16. billyjim

billyjim User

i believe it has more to do with the level of the game then the number of buildings. Personal opinion. I have only added minor number of buildings (been putting resources into upgrading the ones all ready have) over the last several levels and drops do seem to be getting slower.

17. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

I have not noted any increase with need.
    I have a worker district and as more PP have no value at my lvl I have zero need in all those buildings. No difference from when I had need that I have noted.

Also level on the house don't mater, a lvl1 building give the same as at lvl4.
    This can be a problem. If you get more workers it may give less drops, if they are concentrated in fewer high lvl buildings.

PS axes do have the worst drop rate of all event item.

*kimmi* likes this.
  18. Ironkat

Ironkat User

Nooo... The soccer ball rate was the worse, in my opinion. The axes I have no problem with. The soccer ball drop was really slow. I collected rent 1 1/2 hrs in and only got 37. It took over 2 days of logging in to get the required amount to finish that level for the event. I do notice that I was getting more drops from the houses with the longer hours than the short hours. Hope that helps.

19. billyjim

billyjim User

But we only have to collect soccer balls every four years. :p

Ironkat like the new picture

20. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

For my 8000 city it was 8h to collect 2000 balls and if I had been glued to my comp it had been 7h.
    Collecting 2000 axes take almost 1.5 day for me. Relaxed collect rate but still ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.