collecting axes

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Tcs001, Jun 26, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dollars2

Dollars2 User

I have several buildings that I started at the same time with the same needs and needs revenue for masteries but yet one gets completed within a month and the other still needs like 150 more drops well over half. I figure it is completly random so having more buildings is better than having upgraded ones for drops. Some of my +10 drops come from my energy effiecent row houses every hour and a half. Quantity is way better than quality for building drop rates.

2. Tcs001

Tcs001 User

Thank you for all the responses. They have helped. It appears to be random for me as well. I am getting the same drops from a house with all its needs met, to the same type of house I have set aside with no needs being met.

3. Ironkat

Ironkat User

Thank you, more of my babies. Hubby took this pic.

4. Hipshot

Hipshot User

I used to watch the drops like a hawk to try and understand why I could never finish an event. It took months, but it really boils down to the longer the rent cycle, the better the drops combined with the number of residents in the various buildings.

The other factor is playfield. The buildings on the beach and suburbs drop more than the buildings in the main playfield. I even get drops from the surfer vans in the suburbs, when I never did in the main city. Others have noticed this an mentioned it from time to time.

So, if you want a lot of drops, build the biggest building you can and fill it with whatever type of resident you need for the most events. Once I reached 10K population, I never had a problem with drops again. Quite often, I collect all I need in a single pass in the morning after the overnight buildup.

I know it sound ridiculous to recommend cramming as many people into the city as possible, but it works. I spent months with the drops causing me to fail events until I concentrated on population instead of aesthetics.

Road drops are easy, just fill every space with turf or country road until you get enough to sail through the road drop portions of the events.

5. billyjim

billyjim User

You do not need to get up to 10,000 + population to get through the drops. I do most of them in one pass with under 6,000 population. I also started to do fields of turf for fields around certain structure for aesthetics and got the boulder drop advantage as a bonus.

As promised when I did the experiment on needs fulfillment helping with the drops? I had a Vintage Duplex level 2, with no needs fulfilled and no residential improvements -- received 1 cloth; I had another Vintage Duplex level 1 with all needs fulfilled and two Residential Improvements -- 2 cloths dropped. I know this is not rigorous, conclusive, nor statistically significant. But it was requested.

6. Tamy

Tamy User

Not completely to the point -- I do not think there needs to be a contradiction between density and aesthetics. Maybe take this as an extra challenge -- build a densely populated city, with a beautiful layout (and plenty of parks between neighborhoods). With all the new play fields, we have enough land to succeed.

7. billyjim

billyjim User

I agree with you Tamy. It is possible to do both. It requires planning and fore thought. :)

8. kuroyany

kuroyany User

I do feel though that with this event in particular..4hr+ buildings are the ones that give axes more regularly than the 3hr or less residentials.

With a population of 5750 after waiting for the logs to complete & a rent collection in the morning, I got 600+ axes

9. billyjim

billyjim User

Your level also effects the number of drops. I have gone up two levels since the last time I did this event and last time like kuroyany got 600+ axes with a population of about 5400 and this time with a population of 5900+ only received 342 axes. :(

10. That's interesting. :) It would actually mean that it's profitable to hide some houses in inventory to lower the inhabitants and raise the drop rate. It would be good to know if this is real, not just famous BP random engine, and where the break point is, if any. :)

11. marylis

marylis User

I have given up (or rather fed up) trying to understand the drop rate :confused:

12. Probably most people are pretty much fed up with all this unclarities about the game. :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  13. zreck

zreck User

Yea that is probb and the answear we have giving up.

I have/had 8 of same house(Vintage Duplex) on the same mastery lv...drop.... all with same need filled and when 1 is done the other is only half full.... so whats wrong.

Seams like totaly random.

/Zreck

14. kuroyany

kuroyany User

I'm only 150 less than you in population..and that was in 1.8 complete rent collections. Have added numerous 6hrs,8hr,10hr & 12hr residentials.

I got about 300 off 1 rent collection

15. I would probably bet on the random engine to be the couse behind these fluctuations.

16. Tamy

Tamy User

Most likely. Who ever designed this game originally relied way to much on rand function, and we are driving ourselves crazy trying to find some governing rules where there are none.

17. billyjim

billyjim User

I still like the use of multidimensional logic format that we are not a part of. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.