Counting RC Bugs!.. to 1 million

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by wizardelo, Aug 6, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geflin

Geflin User

Well, just an opinion, but if it's counting as just one bug.....it would be the cockroach at the hotel, from Ghostbusters. Bite yer head off, man :eek:

2. billyjim

billyjim User

I think it would be more like the creature from the "Alien" movies, virtually indestructible and make us host for its young.

Geflin likes this.
  3. Geflin

Geflin User

Nah......Invasion of the City Snatchers; bet our cities are full of little pod people by now. The coding would be the dog with the guy's head.:eek:o_O:p

promaster202 and billyjim like this.
  4. endex

endex User

This goes back to bug #92.
    As we know by now Big Point used the wrong data types when they created the game, which means that if you earn enough city credits to go over 2,147,483,647 you will suddenly start with -2,147,483,648. So you're going to have to make 2 billion just to get back to zero (or spend money to get back under the threshold). This error only appears in the city view, the marketplace view shows the correct amount of CCs you have. So you might actually have 3 billion CCs, but you cannot even build a country lane as they appear as minus 1.2 billion in the city view and zero is bigger than minus 1.2 billion.

A consequential error I didn't think about is that if you sell a few tiles like here
    [​IMG]
    the system will think that I'm trying to collect minus 323 million CCs (because of the data type overflow), which makes no sense to it.

Result: Pressing the 'COLLECT' button doesn't do anything, so now I
    a) can't collect my profit and
    b) have only three sell slots left, because the first one is blocked indefinitely.

Which brings me back to 101:
    "The grabbing hands grab all they can. Everything counts in large amounts." (Depeche Mode, 'Everything Counts', from the Album '101')

I should have known better.

Geflin and nervo82 like this.
  5. nervo82

nervo82 User

^--- Best Bug Bar None.

Andrewjf likes this.
  6. Arsuru

Arsuru User

That's wonderful, endex, absolutely wonderful. Sure hope you can get that fixed.

I guess we can all take this as a lesson on greed. :p

Andrewjf likes this.
  7. city8936

city8936 User

mystery building 1 in never on when it says it on and than when they"FIX" it u only get a few hrs with it not the 2 days the advertise on the calendar...:(:mad::confused::oops: this has happened twice to me.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Guess the millennium bug had to show up somewhere!! I will have to remember to throw all my capitalists out onto the streets when I approach 2 billion...... That is a pretty serious flaw.... BUT!! I have a bug with my Brickworks in the suburbs. And it seems I am the only one, so some (Golden Linings excepted) of these bugs may be account related? We can only hope.....

9. Geflin

Geflin User

*Sings* Mr. Bigpoint had a City, Eeee-I, Eeeee-I, Ohhhhhhhhh...and in this City he had some bugs.................

daniel23492 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.