Difference between a tier and leveling up?

Discussion in 'Game Discussions & Feedback' started by truelinor, Jan 16, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truelinor

truelinor User

I guess I never really noticed it before, but I did today - there are two numbers where the star is and right now mine says "Your Mayor Level: You need 104501 experience points to reach the next tier and 1224501 experience points to level up.Your Mayor Level: You need 104501 experience points to reach the next tier and 1224501 experience points to level up."

So, what does that mean, exactly? I guess I know what leveling up mean - it means to go to the next level. Currently I am on Level 36, so I'll go to Level 37 next. But what does the next tier mean?

2. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

Fairly simple thare are five tiers for every level. As a city reaches a new tier it receives rewards, when a new level is reached the city receives even greater rewards.

truelinor and garsdunord like this.
  3. truelinor

truelinor User

OK, I am a little embarrassed to say that I had this question before - not that I posted about it, but I wondered about it before and figured out the answer - the little lines dividing the bar are the tiers, right? I forgot what they were and instead of waiting until I figured it out I came here and asked - probably because A. I've been coming to the forum more and B. I've had more time lately to play RisingCities. Yay! :D

I said all that to say I'm sorry - I didn't mean to take up your time. But thank you very much for the answer! :)

4. s.c.lynx

Nothing to be sorry for, we are here to answer questions. You are welcome for the answer. I like when people ask questions in the forum, even the simple ones because you are probably not alone.

5. truelinor

truelinor User

Well, my problem is that I already knew the answer at some point! And I think I should try to figure it out myself, but I'm glad to oblige for other users. :)

6. s.c.lynx

That is fine. I have been there and done that myself

7. MillerWrox

MillerWrox User

I expect you already worked this out Tru, but just in case: whenever you reach one of those tiers, or sublevels, you get a shooting star medal, which you can use in the booster pack shop. They often give very good rewards (-:
    https://board-en.risingcities.com/threads/sublevels.1130/

truelinor likes this.
  8. s.c.lynx

Thank you MillerWrox, for an excellent point

9. truelinor

truelinor User

"I expect you already worked this out Tru, but just in case: whenever you reach one of those tiers, or sublevels, you get a shooting star medal, which you can use in the booster pack shop. They often give very good rewards (-:
    https://board-en.risingcities.com/threads/sublevels.1130/"

Thanks for the link - it actually leads me to another question. I get mixed up so easily. I'm sure I knew the answer to this question at some time, but I don't right now. So that link you gave me ends with you getting Comet Packs, but I don't remember how they are used.

10. s.c.lynx

You can go into the designer depot and click on the booster packs. There you can redeem your comets for rewards.

truelinor likes this.
  11. truelinor

truelinor User

Got it, thank you!

12. Artisan

Artisan Team Leader Team RisingCities

Once you have your problem solved, we will close this thread.

Thank you for informing us.

If you have any other doubt, be kind to open a new thread.

[​IMG]

truelinor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.