Drop rate decreased

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by omuego, Mar 20, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erica

Erica User

What does that actually mean? Monte Carlo style Algorithms can give you different results each time and/or diminishing returns. Algorithm's can be written to give different results from the same input. You appear to imply that it's a case of logging on at different times or there is a bug in the game. I'm saying that the software is possibly, well more than likely probably, written that way. Any RI's will probably make a difference to drop rates as well which I think is mentioned earlier in the thread.

captain123456 likes this.
  2. Erica

Erica User

Algorithms are hardly random in themselves, but the results given the same input can be. If the software were written so that 1 + 1 always equalled 2, then the outcome would be predictable and the events would become boring. So yes of course the algorithm will try and ensure that the drop rates will be unpredictable! I am repeating myself.

Then again, perhaps it's just magic ?

3. Erica

Erica User

Time to give up on this one. Quite exasperating :confused:

4. Arsuru

Arsuru User

More relevant thread, and to keep the other one from going off-topic:
    I get 0 from high-level houses often enough to be noticeable. Studio apartments were pretty stingy during the last biker week (those non-premium worker houses have been totally subjectively stingy in general). This is why I said that with time, it just seems random and I get an even distribution. Nothing fancy to it. skb's proposal (in quoted thread) makes more sense and supports my own findings and idea.

You always get some variation of 0, 1, 5 and 10, but no more than 1 of any value. It is in fact, not complicated at all, and probably the simplest way to make it function as it (likely) does. Roll for each base number (1, 5, 10) with a random function that may vary on a per-house and/or per-event basis, with those that pass producing drops. That's what, a dozen-ish lines of code for the basic calculation? The only way to simplify it (that my relatively limited programming knowledge affords me) would be to make it drop the whole range of 0-16 in one calculation rather than specific combinations, which could be done in a few lines.

Actually paying attention to the drops during the circus right now, I'm getting 1, 6, or 16, every time, which corresponds to 1, 2, or 3 icons respectively (which I usually have off). I thought I'd noticed an increase of only 10 drops on my mastery counters before, but if it's always like this, it would explain why it's so slow to get mastery drops, or feels like it has slowed down. That would also sound more like a possible bug where each value isn't being considered separately with the lower values automatically passing when the higher value does.

I don't know if anyone remembers or I'm remembering incorrectly, but I thought a long time ago before some balancing or something, drops weren't broken up into 1/5/10 groups.

5. omuego

omuego User

My drops are 1/5/6/11/16. I can't remember I've ever got 10, but am not sure.

6. nervo82

nervo82 User

:), I do remember but alas I forget what the arrangement was. There are some events, could be the irregular ones, which give 1-4 (I think, maybe 5,6) but I have given up checking how many arrive with each click. Following the mastery progression of say tower blocks or apartment complexes gets a bit tedious. Hilariously I maxed last years easter lodge this am.

7. billyjim

billyjim User

I doubt you would get a reply to this question. The only people who could properly answer this would be the persons writing the code for the game and I am certain that information is secret and they are under a non disclosure agreement. The information posted here is from players posting observations from there individual cities and sharing their opinions.

8. Captain in the future d not hijack peoples threads again. you have been warned on more than one occasion, future infractions will incur a penalty longe than the last 2 that you have received.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.