ERS covering the City field

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by *kimmi*, Sep 17, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Only thing I've noticed other than randomness in determining how many you get is that the more you click (collect rent, produce, move things, boulders, etc.), the more emergencies you get. I don't know if rent timer factors in, but I would hope so for those that might not want to keep faster buildings around.

*kimmi* likes this.
  2. *kimmi*

*kimmi* User

How many EP should I have (be able to collect) before I activate Street Patrol 200%? (and please don't say none ;))

3. billyjim

billyjim User

Well, to be honest the answer is none, but it is up to you to decide at what level you wish to spend your hard earned or bought MM's. I personally have never used the Street Patrol, I am never online for the length of time to make it seem cost effective. I usually sign in for about an hour or so and then am offline for several hours. This makes the Street Patrol and Rent Collector an inefficient use of limited resources for me.

*kimmi* likes this.
  4. *kimmi*

*kimmi* User

I got Lucky using the Cinema - 150 MM for 220 sec - cann't call that 'hard earned MM' :p - and it does seem to me that it could be fun to spend 99 MM on the ERS - but I only have 670.000 EP (hard earned) and 970 Vitamin-X - and I would like to have more than a couple of hours fun before I use 99 MM.

5. billyjim

billyjim User

That is the logic I have used.

6. BigWillem1

BigWillem1 User

*kimmi* likes this.
  7. *kimmi*

*kimmi* User

Thank you for the link - it's very instructive :p

You're right - it doesn't seems like the number of alarms depends on the number of buildings which can be hit by an alarm.

.. but it seems to me that

- within 1 hour there most likely will occur 4 alarms
    - alarms more often hit power plants, production and commercial buildings
    - alarms more often hit the buildings which are placed at the 'edge' of the building-area

(one time I got only 1 alarm within one hour, and when I stayed online for 7 hours I suddenly got 6 alarms within the last 1 hour)

8. wizardelo

wizardelo User

emergencies also check if you are active or not in the game, having game in the background does not count, it will enter idle mode and emergencies will not occur, i remember this being said some time ago on a OA or maybe a comment, i'm not sure.

also emergencies have 10 minutes to resolve,so it also depends how much time you wait until you finish/ from my own experience i have about 5-6 emergencies/h when im around and active in main city. but most of my time is spent in other playfields.

*kimmi* likes this.
  9. *kimmi*

*kimmi* User

I'm looking forward to get 5-6 emergecies/h - maybe it depends on your mayor-lv - since I was active and (if I may say so) - is pretty fast :p (it's my happy smiley ;)) - to handle the emergencies.

10. wizardelo

wizardelo User

to increase the emergencies you can use patrol. i myself find emergencies are to often for my confort. they dont scale with mayor level, but im almost sure they scale with city size.

*kimmi* likes this.
  11. *kimmi*

*kimmi* User

... that I can try out ;) - thanks for the idea.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  12. pokey

pokey User

It seems to me that I have more emergencies whenever I am busy moving stuff around, especially ERS devices...which immediately stops me from moving them around until the crisis is solved. I have no idea if this is based on an actual algorithm or if it simply seems that way. Try it! I spent 99 free MMs on Street Patrol, it sure kept me busy and was awarded with a pretty cool building from bronze medals. When I have the time to spend I definitely will use it again.

*kimmi* likes this.
  13. *kimmi*

*kimmi* User

Now I have tried to move ERS-devices around - a lot - and to me it just seems like it tricker an alarm because you are 'busy' ;)

.. but I find it rather funny that none of my buildings less than 30 min are never hit by an alarm so now I have removed all coverage of them :p

14. Arsuru

Arsuru User

You may regret that eventually — mine still have plenty. Though I have observed that some buildings seem to get more or less than others at times. I had one smoothie bar that seemed to always get all the attention in one neighborhood until I moved it. I can't say I have any buildings that never get hit though.

Be careful of those double-negatives. They have a way of entirely changing what you mean. ;)

*kimmi* likes this.
  15. Arsuru

Arsuru User

A bit of a follow up. I think my level was around the early 40's in my last post. Already then, my low-level houses it seemed like they got hit less at the time, but I figured it was mostly due to having more buildings in total. Not long after that post, I began to realize that they weren't getting hit at all. Now, it seems that it's almost entirely my manufacturing and commercial buildings that get hit. Even my power plants aren't getting hit, aside from the hydros. Now I'm level 62 and it seems to mostly be my residences above level 17 that get hit, so most of the 3x3s with long timers, though my tenements also get hit regularly and I don't have examples of everything on the main field. I can't really pin it entirely on level though, as my urban high-rises never seem to get hit but my comfy apartments are regularly.

I have removed some substations and moved some other houses to the main field to test and haven't noticed much change. It's really odd, anyway, and I can't help but wonder about the criteria for determining as it doesn't seem to be random. Anyone else notice this trend?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.