Event timer change

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by nortoncommander, Feb 8, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billyjim

billyjim User

In a less forceful support of nortoncomander, when you sign into the game after being away for several hours. For example: Just getting home from work, waking up, watching a movie, etc. It would be helpful to know whether you have two days and twenty three hours or two days and two hours rather than just greater than 2 days.

dahlinaah likes this.
  2. Thanks BillyJim for your gentle comments. :) You made me realise I could have written mine in a less forceful way too. :)

3. billyjim

billyjim User

You have been around longer than I have and have been fighting the good fight longer. You are the seasoned veteran to my idealistic rookie. But, the more information we mayors have the better we can plan, organize, and succeed in the game. So a thank you for your comments, suggestions and advice.

I also thank the developers and wizz for their efforts to listen to us and make the game better and put up with us complaining all of the time.

4. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

"Studies show that it is easier to read 3> days rather then 91:45:21 for example, which is especially useful for longer events."

Easier to read sure.
    But that's not what the clock is for, it is for giving information and be helpful for players.
    Its like having a clock at a bus terminal that only show hours. Sure its easier to read but how helpful is it?

A really basic thing when rounding of numbers is that it do get easier to read but you cant round of so much that you lose the information.

I can give BP a free study: it is easier to read short words then long words so just skip all long words.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    ghellinga likes this.
  5. dahlinaah

dahlinaah User

How about an ingame button , to click wether we want to see the clock by hours or days...?
    Since both options has shown available, it can only be a matter of small adjusting.
    One can never discuss these kind of things, all arguments maybe right for anyone, so why not just decide for ourselves ?

6. my event timer went hours minutes etc after the first 24 hours, i dont have a problem with that now :)

7. It's true that through the time the inovation has been with us some players might just got used to it. The percentage of those strongly oposing might be lower now. And it's true we can live with it. Well I sure can.

But my point was and is that this is not an improvement and can be classed with those changes made against the players' will or not in the best interests of players and actually helping neither players, nor the company. "Fixing" what works fine to make it worse than it was. And I think this could and should be avoided. Although I can understand the reasoning behind this change to some extent. And don't think it was any silly study studying what is common sense knowledge to everybody who is a proud owner of the above mentioned comodity. :) The resistance is bound to weaken through time as this is not a "life threathening" issue. Maybe that's what they count on. Play dead long enough, it will die out on it's own without anybody having to do anything about that. :) Well ..... we will see if the wheels get moving or if we are stuck with this forever. :)

Keep posting friends, wheather in support or against this idea. :)

8. Whels move easier and faster on a downhill slope :D:D

9. If "studies show that it is easier to read 3> days rather then 91:45:21 for example" why does the Loot-O-Matic timer still have the old format? :confused:

[​IMG]

I think that format could be useful in this case. 101:23:03 is more information than what I need. 4> days would be enough.:p:D

I find it very contradictory that they changed the timer in a case where more precision is useful (during events), but not for the Loot-O-Matic. Just saying... :rolleyes:

10. -MrMungo-

-MrMungo- User

The long timer for Loot-o-matic is more important to me so I know when (what time in the day) I have to collect and use my tokens. (Collect City Hall after 11pm and I lose a possible token, which I am sure would be a new skyscraper! :p)
    Events generally can be completed with plenty of time to spare. The 24h timer towards the end comes in useful in terms of event drops for masteries.

11. Yes. I agree. Remember that it changes to hours:minutes:seconds when there are 48 hours left, so no problem with that. ;) You can collect tokens and you won't miss the opportunity to use them because you have enough precision when you are close to the end (at least, that's how I use the information).

But for events, I like to plan the strategy from the beginning, because I am not logged in the game 24/7. I like to know if I have 95 or 73 hours left, and now I have to have a timer on my own. Every stage needs a specific amount of hours, and as I said before, hours is the natural time scale for events.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  12. By "generaly" you probably mean yourself. Not everybody is at your level though. Lower levels may struggle a lot with some events to complete them. Or have you forgotten your beginnings? :)

@ Amalia: Nice post. :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.