Feedback on Weekly: Art Expo

Discussion in 'Game Discussions & Feedback' started by -Wizz-, Sep 30, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Hello Mayors,

Please use this thread to post your opinions and concerns, tips and ideas about this weekly event. We will read each comment and the best ones will make the weekly report.

Your Rising Cities Team.

2. joookeeer

joookeeer User

Best event hands down.

3. Another sort of laid-back event good for experience. Coins, PP, MM rewards are ok, but again, give me a break with half a milion Niki Scupltures and half a milion Expreasionist Villas. Give us something more reasonable instead of Niki or just rotate the rewards somehow. :)

I didn't like the event at first as it needs students and I don't play Emergency system. But I quickly found ways to deal with it and now I actually like it as it is.

On summary, cool, just these Nikies ........... eh, let them go their way. :)

EDIT: I probably mentioned it before, but events, dispite their repetitivenes, are at the moment the main reason I'm still playing this game. Otherwise at my place it's just waiting for the devs to finaly move from code cleaning to game developing. :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    Andrewjf likes this.
  4. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Definitely one of my favorite events, as far as what needs to be done. Nice and varied and well balanced. Good experience for the effort, though having the same experience as the ancient festival and the biker's week, obviously, the experience rewards are a bit disproportionate across events vs difficulty. I'd say that is something to look at for all events. Rewards are pretty nice, but again, need rotating. I have enough ERS buildings to cover all the playfields in green. I know many still need them, but they can be supplied in other ways/events. Can't imagine needing more smoothie bars either. The expressionist villa is fun, but the upgrade costs are absurd for an event reward. Other sculptures could be nice. New tiers are welcome.

5. *kimmi*

*kimmi* User

[​IMG]
    Really nice event - you get ERS devices with mood 25 for 5000-10000 CC - when you reached lv25 - which is a good deal. - and I really like the expressionist villa - it really stands out from the other hourses which are available. Even though I do like the artist - a change from time to time would be highly appreciated

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  6. Tamy

Tamy User

I enjoyed the event a few times, but as most of my city is covered to green level by now, the rewards are not that tempting -- and the resources (1400 beams, farm and lumberyards time) would get me better value in the market. Occasionally I will participate, most of the time I wouldn't be bothered.
    I repeat myself (from other discussions) and others: unless there is some rotation or choice of rewards, the events will ultimately all become uninteresting. I tend to do about one in three now, and this happens either when requirements are very low (read: car rally) or when rewards (esp. MM) are sufficient.

nervo82 likes this.
  7. brucenic

brucenic User

This event is crucial in getting the ERS working all over the city. Once that is done this event is pretty pointless.
    What would be nice is another tier where ERS items with an even larger coverage area become unlocked. I'd like less of my city taken up with the ERS items.

TellusXIV, nervo82 and pokey like this.
  8. Tamy

Tamy User

Great idea!

9. fred1471

fred1471 User

agreed I have 30 spare emergency buildings I am sure others have 100's even 1000's
    Still doing it as I like the MM exp and expressionist villa for the moment the building still helps

10. city8936

city8936 User

2nd time is a charmo_O well i did it and am very happy.i guess being a newbie helps with these events{i think in a few months i will feel the same stuck in a circle with no way out};);) but so far to me getting these new buildings is exciting :p.happy happy hope i can do it again next time...:D

Andrewjf likes this.
  11. billyjim

billyjim User

The events and tasks are designed to help "newbies" learn the skills necessary to grow and develop their cities. Congrats on completing the event. :D

Andrewjf likes this.
  12. MisterN68

MisterN68 User

Counting all 3 i have now total of about 110 items which i got as rewards from this event (about 15 of them in play - more will be added) :rolleyes:

Im in level 48 so no newbie here;). Besides emergency items mentioned above got my 16th "'Expressionist Villa" (4 in play) and 16th "Niki" (1 in play)
    What this event needs is a new level lets say from level 40 upwards. Also new rewards (windfarm and urban high-rise 4 example (open to suggestions)):):rolleyes:

MisterN68

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    nervo82 likes this.
  13. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Only now (Level 33) managed to complete this event. The expressionist Villa is now coming in second to the RV van in my favorites list. The Villa looks like it's come out of Barcelona ie: Gaudi. Goes well with all those odd Topary Cuboid style deco's. Very cool :)

14. Arsuru

Arsuru User

@Andrewjf

It's inspired by Friedensreich Hundertwasser's Kuchlbauer-Turm. ;)

Andrewjf likes this.
  15. G`day Arsuru, as you know this is a English only forum, there fore can you plese edit your post and ad the English translation as well please and thankyou

16. Arsuru

Arsuru User

@tassie-devil It's the name of the architect followed by the name of the building that (evidently) inspired the Expressionist Villa. The only thing relevant to translate is Turm = Tower.

I apologize for the confusion. Edited for clarity.

17. Geflin

Geflin User

While I like the ES devices and Expressionist Villa, and the rewards are nicely balanced....as with all events, this becomes impractical once you don't need more ES devices, have a dozen or more Expressionist Villas, and can generate more PP/EP/CCs just collecting rent than offered as rewards. Great event, but we need new rewards tiers for upper Level players.

18. Thanks Arsuru, :) I have just found google translater I can use that next time :D

Andrewjf likes this.
  19. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Thanks Arsuru (and Tassie). Shame he passed away before he could see the building complete. Now why couldn't Bigpoint have turned it into a Brewery/Beer Garden at Level 4 in his honour ;)

20. truelinor

truelinor User

Both weekly quests are accessible from Friday 03.02.2017 14:00 CET to Wednesday 08.02.2017 22:00 CET and lasts 72h.

I missed read this and thought it meant it lasts from 03.02.2017 to 08.02.2017 - I really wished it did last that long. I don't have enough Capitalists or Students to get the bracelets and Jewelry. :( Oh well! :rolleyes: