Feedback on Weekly: Children Festival

Discussion in 'Game Discussions & Feedback' started by -Wizz-, Sep 17, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Hello Mayors,

Please use this thread to post your opinions and concerns, tips and ideas about this weekly event. We will read each comment and the best ones will make the weekly report.

Your Rising Cities Team.

2. Arsuru

Arsuru User

I have a big complaint! I have never been able to do this event! My level is too high to do this event because I leveled up too fast in the beginning. I am terribly disappointed! My city's children are left to play in the streets and ruined chapels! It's dangerous! They aren't all into skateboarding, and they can't just sit inside all of the time! They need a playground! The parents in my city are demanding it, and I think this may soon turn to rebellion!

3. billyjim

billyjim User

I agree. We did not receive the children's playground when I did this event. A long, long time ago. I want to add this to my city. My citizens deserve it. You are discriminating against us older players.

4. skb13

skb13 User

The parents are going to throw their toys out of the pram? :p

5. It seems like eternity since I last did this event. :) Playground is cool, but due to lack of space for real urban park development and the overall game make-up I wouldn't be bothered if I didn't have it. There is so much space restriction imposed by system of Need Fulfillment, fixed location production facilities, ERS system items and not very fine playground grid that aesthetics is always a big compromise and far from ideal.

It was a cool event though, as both Small Designer and Modern Row houses were a cool reward at that time. Can't comment on that much further as at the time I was doing it the game had loads of these random engine issues which turned drops and spawns challenges into madness, and I expect that to be fixed now. :)

6. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Space isn't a big issue for me now or the foreseeable future. I'd gladly lose 6 mood to swap a skate park for a playground, and it can still replace some of my 1x1 decorations should I have the need. And even just having it is nice, even if it may be obsolete one day.

It is a minor bother not to have it when it's a reward that comes around so often. It's not like a special reward for holiday events and such which are more understandable to be unable to acquire afterward, if just as annoying. It's not something you pay for. It's just a regular if slightly special reward that would serve me better than even more of the same houses and decorations from other events.

Everything in the game now just gives you more and more experience, and you're practically encouraged to use MM to go faster, so levels just fly by early on. You generally need to be online more early on and many probably want to be since it's still novel, so it's even easier to miss these early events for newer players. It's entirely unreasonable to expect people to wait weeks not advancing to get one item, assuming they even know about it.

I've said it before, but it's just a terrible design that punishes players for doing well. Making content exclusive to low-levels is bad design, especially when it can still be useful for a long time. There is a reason that this is pretty much never done.

7. harley9883

harley9883 User

This is one of the best posts I've read so far on this forum. You have a great sense of humeri.:D:D:D:):D:D:D:):D:D:D

8. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

9. -Skyla-2

-Skyla-2 User

Yeah, I think my biggest bit of feedback is this.

Since returning to the game, I've bemoaned the fact that there was no "Playground" for the neighborhood kids to play in. I always "ignored" this particular event, because I was already above level 19. But just today, while looking at the decorations post, lo and behold I see a PLAYGROUND! But I can't have it!

Would be nice if those of us of a "higher level" were able to do this event (even on a limited once every few months basis) so that we have the opportunity to provide the younger residents of our towns & cities with Playgrounds!

10. i can't start this event:mad: can some one fix it pls

(EDIT) thanks if some one fixed it

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  11. fred1471

fred1471 User

Now I am looking at the forum again, I am thinking I am wasting my time on this game, What play ground what event what does it do for me?
    Producers letter where?
    bonus code for xmas in forum but too late?
    Every post I have posted I have no way of finding.
    Started a new thread and cant even find that.
    Everyone needs more bakeries but they hide their code in a forum full of crap.

had Log in problem for 2 days the whole balance I had tried to set up in the game economy is now lost and would take weeks to get back .. we get an apology wow

12. sorry to say this but:
    i hate this event and now i cant get it of until there is a new event:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: and im broke because i kept cleaning the bolders .
    i have all the streets covered whit balls and balloons:mad::eek:o_O.
    i want my streets cleaned ASAP!(because i need to do a major change in my city and whit the boulders i cant:mad:).
    thanks.

13. there is no need to clean any more boulders than the task requires, the rest will disappear when you start the next stage of the event or when the event is completed

14. im still doing thet part but i quit the event

15. DenzelM

DenzelM User

I amfine with that

16. Good Evening,

I think the event is fine and I have few problems with it so yeah. :)

Your Sincerely,

Captain123456

Captain123456 | ID 9168786

17. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

The Farmers Market is the only other Event that cuts out at Level 19. I would have liked the Windmill from that one and the Playground from this one :(

18. Mr.Crowley

Mr.Crowley User

I have never seen this event and I am pretty sure I wont get to do it if my level plays a part. My level is 47. Will I get to do this or not?

19. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

Sorry Mr. Crowley the Children's Festival is only open to players of level 10 through 19. So unless you start a new city you will not have the opportunity to do this event.