Feedback on Weekly: Flea Market

Discussion in 'Game Discussions & Feedback' started by -Wizz-, Sep 23, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Hello Mayors,

Please use this thread to post your opinions and concerns, tips and ideas about this weekly event. We will read each comment and the best ones will make the weekly report.

Your Rising Cities Team.

2. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Can't really complain much about this event. Just rotate some rewards. It's really nice to have the mystery building, and it was nice when it was swapped from season 1 to 2. Some new tiers would be nice.

3. Nice little event. Upper tier starts from lvl 15 so it's rather relaxed enterprise with ordinary rewards. Just a casual, average "fun" to get a few more exp. I like the mystery building reward. And I don't like the looks of Tennement, but that's not much of a complaint and it's usefull especially at lower levels for PP and Workers event drops.

billyjim likes this.
  4. billyjim

billyjim User

I agree with Nortoncommander this is a fun little event to play. No real complaint some variety in rewards would make for some new interest.

5. MillerWrox

MillerWrox User

This is probably my favourite event because, as Norton says, it's so relaxed. Please don't change it!

I always enjoy the Mystery Building prize but I seemed to do better out of the Season 1 prizes than the Season 2. I always build the Tenement to help keep my population of workers up which always helps with the worker's residential drops in this and the other events.

6. Arsuru

Arsuru User

:eek: I think it's one of the nicest-looking buildings, especially at level 4.

No, please do add some tiers! All-around! But let us choose the difficulty. ;)

7. billyjim

billyjim User

I like the idea of difficulty levels versus tiers. The system could be set up like age appropriateness for board games, with recommended tiers levels for users: Easy (Beginners) levels 1 to 15, Medium minimum recommended level 15; Hard minimum level 25 or 30; etc. The player could select their difficulty level they wish to try. The rewards could be readjusted to forment the desire to complete

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    *kimmi* likes this.
  8. brucenic

brucenic User

I think the tenement looks good when there are lots all together in rows. But I prefer level 3. I think many of the houses were "finished" at lv 3 and the lv 4 was a bit of an afterthought. Historic duplexes are better (IMHO) at 3 than 4 too.

It was only with the new play fields and enough room to spread out that has allowed me to keep building tenements. And, of course, they are great for the worker drops.

9. Tamy

Tamy User

This is one of the few events I will always try to do. The mystery award has an in-build rotation factor, and the tenement is one of the best PP producing buildings -- though by now I would appreciate some rotation there, too.
    Here is an idea: why not take "rotation" literally? Alternate between "normal" and 90 degrees rotated tenement for every second round of the event. Why not do it for all events?

10. I find this idea rather unattractive and I hope BP will come up with something more creative. When it comes to rotating buildings on playfield let them make the tool for rotating them all to offer some flexibility. :)

11. Tamy

Tamy User

I admire your persistence. We have been discussing this idea as long as the forum stands. Every time someone joins in the discussions, you can count on them to start a thread with the great new idea of a rotating tool.

I think it is time we face reality: we are not going to get this (much asked for) tool. Why? go figure.

So in the meantime, maybe we could have a less-than-optimal solutions that will allow us some more flexibility and creativity and realism in our cities layout.

12. Yes! Let's face reality. Bright and glooming! Once they get the code straight, they will start implementing all we have ever dreamed of and beyond. So, I'm not settling for any mean time, but expecting good times. :D :D :D

13. Arsuru

Arsuru User

It would be the same result, so better to have all-or-nothing. I'd rather have them all at once than one-by-one. Not to mention, a permanently rotated building, for technical reasons, wouldn't be able to stack with existing ones in the DD. It would have to be treated as separate building/piece of code, when it'd be preferable to add a small portion to existing code to track rotation. Functionally, it doesn't matter much, but it's inefficient, messy and unnecessary.

Imagine having variations for all permits in the DD. Takes long enough to scroll as-is. If they were to add rotation, then they may as well just do the whole thing correctly in the first place. Probably less work too. Code is probably messy enough right now; no need to make it any more less-than-optimal.

14. omuego

omuego User

Is it possible to use mistery building permit for other season than 2?

15. Apologies - the event FAQ is wrong in this regard, I believe. I think you get the mystery building of the season that's about to happen, in this case season 4. In any case, it does change, but you can't choose which one it will be. When I have some more data I'll update the FAQ.

16. omuego

omuego User

I am looking forward to gain a permit for the season 4, but is it possible that you can skip it and save the permit in the warehouse?

17. Arsuru

Arsuru User

The FAQ is correct. It has only changed once, and that is from season 1 to 2 when they made adjustments to the events. I've done the event every time. If it is supposed to change – which could make sense – it doesn't.

You can save it, but it won't become a permit for another season.

18. omuego

omuego User

Thank you both.

19. Ok, thanks Arsuru - even us Mods learn something new!

20. weenie

weenie User

is it just me but this weeks flea market seemed very short, no chance of completing and when I checked on the calendar itshould still be running?? whats happened