Feedback on Weekly: Flea Market

Discussion in 'Game Discussions & Feedback' started by -Wizz-, Sep 23, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. The Flea Market is available for 5 days for you to be able to commence this event, once started you have to complete it within 72 hours
    as per event announcement for Flea Market

2. weenie

weenie User

oh I see right, but I think that is difficult, the vases seem so scarce (even though I have a good proportion of capitalists) there is not chance of getting through it. will have to try harder next time.

3. billyjim

billyjim User

As your city's population increases the events become easier to accomplish. Especially the collection while gathering rent. There is no penalty for not completing an event, only do not receive the goodies offered. :( Good luck next time. :D

4. billyjim

billyjim User

But as long as you complete the particular level you do not loose any of those items. Therefore you can do three of the levels in an event and received the rewards and have not wasted any of the above. But once again you have caught me making assumptions.:oops:
    Thank you. If you can not complete a particular level of an event you are better off not starting it.:rolleyes:
    Planning is always better, but I can not wish some one better planning, sounds condescending doesn't it. :p Maybe have fun and enjoy.

5. weenie

weenie User

it was just the vases I found difficult to collect had all my manufacturing ready and easily did those stages but despite having a reasonable no of capitalist only managed less than 50 vases in 2 days!!! You can plan ahead for that can you?

6. weenie

weenie User

Im sorry but how can you work that out? is it certain buildings that produce more? It seems so random how they appear?

7. weenie

weenie User

thanks for that I suppose Ive got to start being more observant!!

8. skb13

skb13 User

I'd hate to disagree with you here, but I think the minimum and maximum amount of drop are the same for every house.

I believe that the minimum is 0 and the maximum is 16. I think there is a percentage chance of getting a '1' drop. There is a smaller percentage chance of getting a '5' drop, and an even smaller percentage chance of getting a '10' drop. Now it is also possible to get more than one of these at any one time, so you could get a 1+5, or a 1+10, 5+10 or 1+5+10: these will also have some percentage chance. Hence my suggestion of 16 as the maximum. The longer rent cycle homes have higher percentage chances for drops in all categories - but I have seen a prefab drop 10 before now, but mostly it drops 0. I assume if you try often enough you might get a 16 drop from a prefab. But I don't have enough to make those chances worth pursuing.

Erica likes this.
  9. billyjim

billyjim User

I am certain there is an algorithm running the drops. But, with out knowing the formula we are trying to decipher it from the results. The only way to do this would require enormous amount of data and trial and error. So unless you are willing to set up your own "Bletchly Park" or we get very lucky we are not going to decipher the true nature. But, have fun trying and good luck. Let me know if you succeed :D.

10. Erica

Erica User

It will become easier as you do more events and your city grows; your experience will grow as well. There are definitely benefits to doing only one or two stages of an event to get what you need for your city at that time. Depending on your level some events are almost impossible to complete unless you have all your production facilities at maximum upgrade levels anyway. The Biker Rally is a good example of this. I think, as Billyjim mentions: "Have fun trying" is why we are all here :)

11. Erica

Erica User

That is in your opinion. I disagree. Stages 1 and 2 of the Biker Rally are well worth the effort for 25,000 production points and 25,000 education points.
    It was an example Krassandra. I am trying to be encouraging to another member without coming across as condescending.

12. Geflin

Geflin User

At low Levels players have more difficulty completing any event(s) and their respective stages...but the rewards are more valuable to them. At higher Levels, provided a Player has balanced his city well, the opposite becomes true. 25K pp and EP have little value when you generate about 1 million of each per day just collecting rent....but if you are at a Level where the event is still a challenge and these PP and EP make a significant difference, of course it is worth the effort. Kudos, Erica, for trying to encourage another player and trying not to come across as condescending; that is what being a good neighbor is all about:D. A tip for weenie...take heed of Erica's advice; I tried the Biker Rally six times before being able to actually complete it and get the Biker Lodge..and now I have three of them. Watch the balance of your population (workers/students/capitalists) and make sure they are evenly spread enough that you will ber able to gather the drop items from events. Check out the events FAQs and also before actually starting an event, review what the requirements and rewards are, and try to accumulate what you can in advance. But above all relax and have fun. It may be frustrating having a hard time with events...but believe me, it's far more frustrating when events are ridiculously easy and not really worth the effort because you either already have several of the rewards or can generate them without doing the event at all.

By the way....love the Mystery Building prize...just got a much needed botanical garden to go with my flowerista. I think the rewards on this event do need some rotation for higher tiers at least, but that the Mystery Building makes it one of the events still worth doing. Besides which, it's easy and fun :)

Erica likes this.
  13. kazzy7399

kazzy7399 User

I started this event as level 12 and I have really struggled through this. I have had to change all my residents to workers then to capitalists. I am now on the trash collection with about 30 hours left. I can't see how I can collect all that trash. Is there a way to generate more trash or generate it faster? 1 every 5-10 minutes isn't going to cut it. I can't possibly imagine completing the requirements for the next level at level 15. A medium level of the event would be nice

14. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

It won't help you with time, but if you have the space, fill your land with Roads (even temporarily) - the more roads the more boulders (trash in this case). Some of the events are Extremely difficult, especially at just over the Level Jump. I am at Level 31 and am really only now being able to complete the events. Try not to get too disheartened, the Events become more fun and a little easier as you level up :)

15. Geflin

Geflin User

I also find if you are away from the game an hour or two, boulders spawn faster than when you collect them as soon as they appear. Don't know why that is, but it (in my experience anyways) is.

16. city8936

city8936 User

and lately i even seen the trash coming out on the road early like at stage 2&3:p:D I really am liking the event cause of the mystery building.i usually save it for a few days. and now that i'm at level 29 events r getting done:D:D:D and much faster cause like every one keeps saying it's all in the
    preparations :).So far this has got to my favorite cause i luv surprises and can't wait to find out what i got...:eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_Oo_O and i also like reading about what the other player's got!!!:D

Andrewjf likes this.
  17. I am happy the you enjoy this event, how ever when you use emoticons one or two will be sufficient as we mods do read every post and trying to read yours does not do our eyes any favours thankyou

Andrewjf likes this.