House will not upgrade

Discussion in 'Questions & Bug Reports' started by truelinor, Jan 6, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. truelinor

truelinor User

I think I've asked this before, but I can't remember the answer - if there was one. And maybe I never posted it - that happens to me at times. So, my problem is - I have one house that won't upgrade even though it says it can. When I click on the button, nothing happens except the button grays out. So, I was just wondering about that. I'll get you a screenshot if I can.

[​IMG]

Oh, I had this screenshot and one right before I clicked the button to show that it doesn't take my gold coins. I can post the other one, if you like, or you can just take my word for it. ;)

2. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

The only option we can reset your game. This will cause you power and mood to drop significantly. But we would be happy to do this just tell us you want us to do this. You did post a similar issue before. If my memory is working correctly, not always certain, you passed on this option at the time.

truelinor likes this.
  3. truelinor

truelinor User

I thought I posted about it before, but I didn't remember that option. No, I don't want my power or mood to drop. Well, will all my buildings - will my city be the same? It will only effect the power and mood?

4. you will have to improve your mode back up and your power but your city will run better .

truelinor likes this.
  5. truelinor

truelinor User

How does that make my city run better? You're saying if I improve my mood and power my city will run better? Yes, that I know. I just have to decide if I want go get this one little house that won't upgrade - if it will be worth it or not. What do you think?

6. well if 1 house is locked up now, soon your whole city may get locked up if don't get the reset .

truelinor likes this.
  7. truelinor

truelinor User

I don't think so - it's been like that for months now. There is also something strange about it. While all the other houses like it (the prefab house) have challenges, this one has an upgrade button (that doesn't work, but still). I was just wondering if it ever did have the challenges. I can't imagine I would have clicked it that many more times than the rest, you know? I have a total of 10 Prefab houses. Out of the 10, only 1 has 3 stars; all the rest only have 2.

8. s.c.lynx

truelinor - No it will not make any other changes in the city, When your city is reset the power and mood are the most noticable change. There are a few small other items but most if not all are not even noticed. I have reset my games several times and have yet to notice any difference, except Mood and Power. Another option for you would be to destroy the problem house and rebuilding it. That may fix the issue.

truelinor likes this.
  9. MillerWrox

MillerWrox User

Tru, at the risk of stating the obvious, you have cleared your flash cache and relogged, right?

truelinor likes this.
  10. truelinor

truelinor User

Thank you, MillerWrox, but no, I have not. Well, I have relogged in (to the game - is that what you meant?) but I have not cleared my flash cache. Not sure how to do that and not sure I want to - doesn't it make you lose saved passwords?

I have thought about demolishing the house and rebuilding it. I think I will do that! Thanks, s.c.lynx!

11. s.c.lynx

To clear the flash cache: While in the game right click on your mouse and then click on the "global settings" then click on "Delete all". No it should not affect any passwords or other items it just deletes the cache which is a short term memory storage for adobe flash

truelinor likes this.
  12. MillerWrox

MillerWrox User

Clearing the Flash Cache has been suggested as a potential cure for all sorts of minor ills over the years. I've used it to good effect on farms and mills that won't bring up the window to set them running again at the end of a production run, I've even used it to get the cinema to work, but that hasn't worked for me recently, I hasten to add.

The few last times I tried to clear it as SC Lynx suggests, it couldn't do it unless I closed my web browser. (I use Firefox). I tried to leave the Flash window open while I restarted the browser, but it closed itself. If the same thing happens on your system, you can get to the Flash window through your Windows control panel.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    truelinor likes this.
  13. s.c.lynx

Thank you MillerWrox for an excellent suggestion.

14. truelinor

truelinor User

Um, OK, but it all sounds just a little too complicated for me. I just demolished the house and I'm going to try rebuilding it to see if that fixes the problem. I'll let you know! ;)

15. s.c.lynx

Thank you and will be looking forward to finding out what happens.

truelinor likes this.