Ideas to get us to buy more Metro Money

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by billyjim, Mar 10, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billyjim

billyjim User

It has been suggested that Big Point has been doing certain moves recently to get players to buy more Metro Money. So let us suggest what we would like to have to spend our hard earned Metro Money on.

My Suggestions:
    1. Upgrading Residential Improvements - I want to be able to upgrade RI's to a higher level of quality for a price. Classic to luxury, fancy, or epic for a set price. We currently can save the current RI at the current level double the cost to upgrade one level. For example a fancy improvement would costs 50 MM's to repalce 100 MM's to upgrade.
    2. One click restock of all Commercial buildings - I am thinking differently than previous suggestions along these lines. Rather using products in warehouse Calculate the cost in MM to restock all of one type of commercial building in city on all play fields or one play fields (if easier to program). Pay the fee in MM's and the commercial buildings would be filled to max. Example Main playfield has five beer gardens all five need 350 Hefweizen click on the button, select Beer Gardens, offered to restock for X number of MM's, confirm purchase, Beer Gardens are stocked. This would be so helpful for those who use the rent collector.
    3. Be allowed to select how many MM's to spend when upgrading a building or stage of construction. Recently while upgrading a residence I needed 450 bricks but I had only 350 bricks in warehouse. I would have loved to have used a combination of 350 bricks and paid the rest in MM's rather than doing the whole stage with MM's.
    4. Also would like to be able to select how many MM's to spend to reduce production time on a product. Production time could be cut into any portion by paying what ever portion of the total amount of MM's desired. Example: Cost to instantly complete project 12 MM's, then Pay 6 MM's cut time in half, pay 4 MM's cuts time by third, 3 MM's by fourth, etc.
    These would get me to go out and purchase MM's for the game and spend them to make the game more interesting for me.

What other suggestions do the other players have?

2. Geflin

Geflin User

All capital ideas, good Sir. Especially like the one click commercial refill and the cut production time ideas. We have long griped about needing more land. I, for one, would pay cash for MM to buy extra land. How about a 'bonus' play field for higher level players? It would be the same size as the original city. There would be a free building on one plot (a mayor's mansion, say, with starting rent of 1,000 cc). The only way to get access to the bonus play field would be a MM fee (say 1,000 MM) to get the "Key to the City". They could also have one extra farm, lumber mill, bakery, and brewery also on plots which could only be bought with MM (but fully upgraded buildings to make it worth it). The rest of the plots could be bought as per usual, with ccs or MM (but offer a slightly lower MM cost than usual to encourage MM purchases). I would gladly expend the cash needed to have something like this to play with. This may well get many bored higher level players back into the game, don't you think? Make it open to Level 35-40 and up or some such.

wrighty8, Mr.Crowley and billyjim like this.
  3. Mr.Crowley

Mr.Crowley User

Well guys love your ideas. And here is one almost ever game has (premium) Premium players get to save a little% of MM spent, would get a extra bonus code every month that they stay premium. And for us bigger spenders how about the Top Gamers Club like your game Pirate Storm has. And some other things as well. I'm sure players can give some ideas here too.

billyjim likes this.
  4. Kiriana

Kiriana User

Right nice ideas there Billyjim:) How's about adding improvement packs, say packs that give 3 for 200 MM ... 6 for 500 MM and 12 fro 1,000 MM guaranteed all Epic level (but of course a random selection)?

billyjim likes this.
  5. Mr.Crowley

Mr.Crowley User

I too would spend some cash for more land. I have come to see that land is the thing I need the most. When I started running out of plots to buy, I had to start to put some in the storage and then started bulldozing the lesser ones. But I have not yet have all the water area yet so I might be willing to have some of that area filled in with land,by creating a landfill at the cost of MM. I would say about 300MM each time you use it it would fill in say 4 little squares. I would love the custom coast I could build. In fact that's how they could make the bonus area. Starts out as water area and must be filled in as you see fit. call it The Island. Oh yeah I like the way that even sounds.

wrighty8 and billyjim like this.
  6. billyjim

billyjim User

Mr. Crowley that is a cool idea.

7. Geflin

Geflin User

Must agree Mr. Crowley also has a novel idea. Would like to see his idea for all Levels and then also the higher Level area thing I mentioned; between both, there would be plenty of land to tide us over until new field are developed. I again note the area North of the Suburbs is a great area for a new filed...and the water areas on both the Seacoast and the Suburbs could have the Island area fill-in option Mr. Crowley came up with. I agree with the cat...way cool and good thinking, Mr. Crowley :D

wrighty8 likes this.
  8. Kiriana

Kiriana User

I also would spend MM (and cash to get MM) if it meant more land. Hear us oh great and mysterious devs! Land for MM (you get cash):D New land that is:rolleyes:

camon and wrighty8 like this.
  9. I think your suggestions are good and I agree with them.

10. Mr.Crowley

Mr.Crowley User

Well thanks you gentlemen and ladies for your kind words. But do you think they might develop the island with buildable land as a upcoming area? how would we find out if the developers are being told the ideas we come up with. And I hate to say it but if and when they do use or ideas shouldn't we get something for them? Not a lot, but a nice check of MM for the brainstorming would make more people help out and become more active in the forums. And that's what they really want I am sure of that.

11. billyjim

billyjim User

We have been told that they read and review the forums regularly, also the Moderators also write reports to the developers for their evaluation. The idea of a reward for an idea would be nice but gets very confusing and legally complicated quickly. Since this is an open forum and many people contribute thoughts and comments to a concept how do you distribute such an award. :eek: Any way an the implimentation of one of our ideas would be awesome enough to give us bragging rights for a long time. :cool:

Geflin likes this.
  12. Geflin

Geflin User

I am content with the reward of actually getting the things we suggest to happen:D Take for example the new house in the Easter event, or the additional play fields. I am still convinced our trees are more generous since the Cineplex rewards were reduced and everyone griped:rolleyes:. I believe the devs are listening and do act, albeit slowly. I have enough faith in them (and of course our dear White Rabbits...ummm, I mean mods) that I just bought 10K MM with my hard earned nest egg moolah. I have seen enough proof things here in RC are getting better that they have earned my loyalty as a customer;) Would love to see an "All Epic RI" pack available from the Improvements shop for MM; would certainly buy a few of them. Anywhooooooooo....off I go to spend me loot. Upgrades, maybe some land; choices, choices. Sir Cat, you like making decisions, right?:confused::eek:o_O Just kidding:)

billyjim likes this.
  13. Mr.Crowley

Mr.Crowley User

You are right, their is no way to give out some mm for peoples brainstorming ideas. But they could reward us for our active posting. People like me would get a little because I only post when I am inspired by something my brain came up with. But you two (cat & owl) could be getting a nice reward. Nothing that would break the bank but make it worth your time. Because to read and post can take a good deal of time. After all Forum Moderators get paid to do it, only seems fair we get a little bit. But only if the posters are active and it's not a gripping post. Them kinda post should deduct from anything a person gets. I know I am guilty there and I am sorry now. But maybe I am just dreaming here, on how much we are appreciated.

14. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

I think you will find the Mod's do their fantastic job for love only :)

15. Forum moderators are all VOLENTEERS, can you please tell us who to see for some $$$ renumeration

16. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

His name is Khaled Helioui :D Let us know how you go Tassie :)

17. As you are obviously know to this person we moderators appoint you as our representative in these negotiations for us :p

Geflin, billyjim and Andrewjf like this.
  18. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Leave it with me :) Just don't go ordering that Porsche just yet :p

19. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Back on subject:

I confess to spending US$5.00 today on RC as I was desperate to finish the excellent Easter Event and lost two days over the weekend :mad:.... This is the first actual cold hard cash I have spent on the game. What I didn't know is that this purchase triggered "Mega XP Day", so I get twice the normal XP for 24 hours. Excellent bonus and something others may not be aware of :D:)

20. Mr.Crowley

Mr.Crowley User

when I said get paid I was not talking about real money. I am sure you make some MM or something. People don't work for free last I checked. On Pirate Storm Mods made about 100k diamonds a month if I am remembering things right. But if I was you I would talk to Fluffkins or BuckiesWinch I know they are getting paid. I can't be sure of the spelling of their names right now it's late and I am very sleepy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.