Just Saying Thank You

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Geflin, Jan 9, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geflin

Geflin User

Well, had an interesting back-n-forth with Lee via support email. Seems he was able to get into my account while I was not able to. I don't know if the screenshot info about the gateway html thing happening here had anything to do with the fact I now can get into the game...and it does not really matter. What does matter is he obviously listened and passed on the concerns I raised. So praise for Lee and all the other moderators and team members who worked hard to fix these issues. I hope plenty of players read this, and realize these guys often don't hear the thanks they deserve. Still a bit ruffled about the longevity of the issue and lack of communication, but have a new appreciation for why that is sometimes the case. Of course, griping aside, I stick with RC because they actually do care and listen for the most part...especially when it matters. Seems my game was fixed pretty darn quick once they understood it actually had not already been fixed. So BIG THANK YOU:D

2. Geflin

Geflin User

Thanks for the like, Strider_Legs. By the way, it froze up again, within less than a minute. Barely got started collecting from my farms. Is it possible my data was reset and the gateway error happened again? Because now I can't get back in.

3. billyjim

billyjim User

I agree with you Geflin. They are many people who are working hard and are rarely praised for their effort. So Thank You to everyone who is trying to solve this issue. I am still unable to get in but I am getting further in to the process. :):) Maybe one day I will be able to see my city again. Thank you for all of the effort. :)

honeywest and tassie-devil like this.
  4. I'm sorry to hear that you're locked back out again. I'll see what I can do - in the meantime, have you sent another support ticket in?

honeywest likes this.
  5. piche413

piche413 User

I agree Thank You to everyone who is trying to fix the issue. Pirate Lee says that he can into my account but I couldn't. Even downloaded and installed Firefox and all I could get was the start up screen with the adobe logo.

6. Geflin

Geflin User

Will do that when I can...was just too tired and frustrated to do so earlier, and now I see I'm not even getting that part of the log in screen to show . Can I just add a reply to the existing ticket? How do I file a new ticket when the "support tab" area of the log in screen is blank white?:cool: Thank you for taking a look-see.

7. I did get your account reset again, but that was before you replied here, so clearly that's not helping. I'll pass it back to the team.

I can understand your frustration - I just hope it gets fixed for you soon.

honeywest and Geflin like this.
  8. krissy30

krissy30 User

can please also help here? just take long to loading i think its almost one hour now.

9. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

Direct to support
    SUPORT

honeywest and Geflin like this.
  10. Geflin

Geflin User

Thanks for trying, and it does seem to still be glitched. However, just got an email from Lee verifying the team is now aware the underlying problem is a communication issue between the US and Germany servers...which is exactly what the screenshots (and coding) I emailed him was showing. So hopefully it gets fixed soon and I can play again. Thanks to everyone who is helping try to resolve this.:D

honeywest likes this.
  11. Geflin

Geflin User

Thanks, Tellus. Will use that if the current ticket doesn't resolve it; just got an email awhile ago about it. Do appreciate the link though, thank you.

12. PirateLee

PirateLee Guest

Thanks everyone for your wonderful patience the team are working hard to get this fixed and we do have some emails as late as 1 hour ago saying that some people in the US can now get back into the game.

Hopefully this will extend to everyone over the next few days.

Best Regards Lee (Pirate)

Geflin and TellusXIV like this.
  13. Geflin

Geflin User

Thanks again for your patience in the face of all of us being so frustrated and at times impatient. Am seriously looking forward to getting back to playing.

14. piche413

piche413 User

So am I and Thank You.

15. billyjim

billyjim User

I am also grateful for all of the effort. Thanks to the Mods for maintaining there cool and communicating with us. Through this crisis. still waiting to get on. I can not wait to finish several projects I started. Once again thanks team.

16. Proby

Proby User

Agree with all the above!! Lee, you're awesome! I understand the issue is not a few people but the entire US to Germany connect. I'll still be patient in awaiting your email reply as to when we can get back into the game. Keep up the good work and "Thanks" for the cool head!

Proby | ID 8084147

17. still can't log in. i've done the e-mail ticket thing. got the same response communication issue between the US and Germany servers. thing is I video chat with my brother in Italy and I have no trouble doing that.

18. Geflin

Geflin User

You wouldn't have a problem video chatting with Italy. The connection problem is within Rising Cities and Bigpoint's coding and the connection between their data in other storage and our server gateway. Due to the errors, the US server is denying them access and their gateway is timing out and failing. There's more than that, but that's the first and biggest problem. Since the coding for your video chat service is different, it would not contain the error. That would be like saying because Bank of America had its assets frozen while the IRS audited it for tax issues, I could not have Wells Fargo access my money in US bank because their offices are in the same area as Bank of America's....does that make sense? The issue is not the servers per se, it is how the US server is responding to what RC is sending from their server in Germany. The overall US/Germany connection is not the problem.

19. piche413

piche413 User

But still after 2 weeks you would think that they would have found and fixed the issue or issues by now. I know that I may be getting impatient BUT.....

sams264227011a likes this.
  20. Cszar

Cszar User

I'm not sure of where to post this, but I am also still experiencing login issues after filling out a ticket (that was responded to), clearing browsers, cookies, and all other tasks. I live in New Hampshire in the United States, I understand the issue at hand, and my post is just informational so you can identify areas still having login issue.
    Thank you for your work and I'm sure the frustrations you have felt through this entire process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.