Lakes

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by daniel23492, Apr 26, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Would you like this?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    92.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, Mayors.
    It would be great idea if we could built lakes in our city.

I tried using the standard "Small Pond" decorations, but it doesn't look good.
    [​IMG]

It could be in the "Streets" section in the designer depot and, maybe, we could add some decorations, like "Rowboat" or "Small Island"

SnakeLady38 likes this.
  2. billyjim

billyjim User

I like the idea of being able to link up the small ponds and create a larger body of water of your choosing. Maybe having a query when two or more small ponds are located in adjacent plots asking if we wish them to be linked? Then we could create a lake or a ribbon (river) or water through or cities.

3. Well, I thought at this too, but this would means a lot of permits. It would be better a different kind of lake, which can be put on a playfield just like roads.

Oh, and as a deco, a small wooden bridge (with a size of 1x2 & 2x1 or 1x3 & 3x1) to cross from one side to another

4. billyjim

billyjim User

Either way would work. I like to have flexibility. I would take either option. I like the wooden bridge idea also. They could make the wooden bridge 1x1 piece that could be linked together and built over the lake as you wish like the pier sections. How big would your lake be Daniel?

5. Comes to think of it, your idea about the size of that wooden bridge is much better than mine :)

Bigger than it is now, that's for sure.

6. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

These are already in the game although they may be a bit big for a small lake.

7. billyjim

billyjim User

TellusXIV yes they are but they can only be used in the ocean. We are suggesting that they can also be used in the proposed lakes.

8. i also agree with the bridge idea and it would be nice to rivers run through your city and if we got a mountainous playfield we could have waterfalls

9. Tamy

Tamy User

I agree with all this ideas. In the meantime, we can use one of the brewery plot as a small lake.

10. billyjim

billyjim User

True but the need for the additional brewery usually requires the demise of the aesthetic virtues.

11. Tamy

Tamy User

Ah, but than if environmentalist considerations fail, you can always convert to the Methodist church and advance sobriety ...
    And could I also add: swans. We need lakes with swans on them. And waterlilies.

daniel23492 likes this.
  12. billyjim

billyjim User

If we are going this route -- Then we need "Claude Monet" painting on the bank to capture the beauty of the water lilies.

13. Tamy

Tamy User

And a Japanese bridge :p

But you got me started on something else: could we get people as rewards/premium features? We have motorcycles and vintage cars driving in the streets when we build their buildings. Maybe we could also have specialized pedestrians walking around linked to some of the houses?

14. billyjim

billyjim User

That would be fun.

15. i like that idea

16. A venetian themed playfield? :)

17. that would be cool but not very practical

18. billyjim

billyjim User

Venice is a fairly unique city. I think minecraftkid1 is right it would have a limited appeal.

19. and also i don't know how they would do it.they would have to use a sea plot and put rivers all between the land plots like in Venice and have boats instead of cars and also all the houses would be different,you wouldn't be able to have a modern row house in venice

20. Arsuru

Arsuru User

It'd be really simple, actually. A road tile that looks like water. The houses could be the same. Apart from being on a different foundation and having no roads, architecture in Venice is typical European, and that includes a lot of houses that are stuck together. It's a trivial matter to program the terrain that any building can be constructed on.

A city on the water would be pretty cool really, other than just having houseboats. The suburbs have plenty of water available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.