Lakes

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by daniel23492, Apr 26, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Would you like this?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    92.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billyjim

billyjim User

I agree it would be possible, and would require some programing. The canal/waterway squares could be used to build rivers and streams through other locals. We would also need the ability to build bridges over these squares, just like Venice. Gondolas and small boats would be interesting.

2. yes but they would have to create other houses and they cant have boats going through boats like the cars

3. billyjim

billyjim User

why not

4. Arsuru

Arsuru User

I'm not sure you understood. You wouldn't require new houses, as you could take existing ones and put them on the water, technically, or have the illusion by putting water-roads instead. This is pretty much how Venice is. Regular houses built on poles in the water, basically. As for the boats, it wouldn't matter. Cars already do it.

5. harley9883

harley9883 User

I like your thoughts on linking ponds, ..what a great idea!

6. yes butthe houses just wouldn't look right

7. billyjim

billyjim User

how would they look different? I was thinking of the lakes pieces linking together like the road pieces do to form roads or courts or plazas.

8. Coming back to the original post, if we want rivers in our cities, then we would need two kind of bridges, one for pedestrians (wooden bridge) and one for cars (small brick bridge)

9. billyjim

billyjim User

Bridges for cars can be wood, brick, stone, concrete, steel, combination, etc. I would settle with just the ability to build the road over the water with out serious complications. Maybe guardrails.

10. it doesn,t matter what material as long as it looks good

11. billyjim

billyjim User

Amen, to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.