Limiting the length of Cineplex adverts?

Discussion in 'Questions & Bug Reports' started by fraz, Jun 25, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. fraz

fraz User

There is an advert currently playing in the Cineplex that runs for longer than 18 minutes. This is excessive by any standard. Please consider setting a sensible limit on the duration of adverts.
    Thanks,
    Fraz 10126411

2. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

fraz - The advertisements and the cineplex are controlled by the advertisers not BP. So there is no way to place such controls on the length of the advertisement. Many years ago there was an ad that ran for two hours, and several that ran for over 45 minutes.

I will pass the message along and we will see what happens. Usually the cycle for those ads end and more reasonable length ones replacement are started.

Who is the advertiser in question?

3. fraz

fraz User

Wow those are lengthy adverts. Makes 18 minutes look short. Sorry, I didn't pay attention to the advert. It was something to do with the cost of food wastage. I noticed how long the advert was, so I just stopped it running. Perhaps advertisers would benefit from knowing that when they make a 15-30 second advert I stay and watch the advert. When they make an advert longer than that, I use the opportunity to send a text message, or start a load of laundry, or feed the pets, or go to the bathroom, or make a cuppa, or do any one of the many tasks we all have to do. Then I return and collect my reward, having seen none of the advert. I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses lengthy adverts as a perfect opportunity to attend to other things.
    Thanks,
    fraz 10126411

sams264227011a and Eddie112 like this.
  4. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

I will pass your comments on.