Link the Events FAQ's to the event in the Plaza

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by billyjim, Mar 25, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billyjim

billyjim User

We need a link in the event Plaza that connects us to the FAQ's for the event currently working on. Going back and forth to the forum is a bit tedious

This is especially true for the special and seasonal events. They occur so seldom and are generally unique items to manufacture or collect. We have to keep looking for the facts about the event.

A simple link in the event plaza would save a great deal of opening the forum going to the correct thread, etc.

2. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Well, if the link were to take you to the forums anyway… There is a link to the FAQs for currently scheduled events from the front page or the calendar.

3. billyjim

billyjim User

I was thinking of a link to the particular FAQ page. Rather than having to launch the forum when you need to check on a particular item.

4. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Well, aside from the fact that they would probably have to allot some space in the code for each URL in each language, which has the potential to change, clicking on the plaza then an FAQ link or clicking the forum button and one of the front-page links for the running events both require two clicks, so you wouldn't even be economizing clicks.

A button that only appears during events is a solution, but it still carried the URL problem, and might cause clutter.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  5. billyjim

billyjim User

Thank you for the logic and explanation. I am not that savy about the details of what would be required to install something like this.

6. i rarely do events any more, how ever when i did participate i usually had a extra window open for the event faq.
    to have a link for an event faq in the event plaza would create a lot of work for some one. However if a link to the calender was done that might work

7. Arsuru

Arsuru User

A link to the calendar still wouldn't economize anything over the front page events links. Not all languages link to the FAQs from the front page or calendar either, unfortunately. That could be changed, of course, but still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.