Make emergency Booster Pack rewards worth it!

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by wizardelo, Dec 3, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Agreed?

1. Hell yea!

87 vote(s)
    95.6%
  2. hmm no.

4 vote(s)
    4.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizardelo

wizardelo User

How hard is it to separate reward pools for each type of boosterpack??

copper: items between levels level 1-10
    bronze: items between levels 11-20
    silver: items between levels 20-25
    gold: items between levels 25-30
    platinum: items between levels 35-50

I for one am tired of getting 1*star RI, lumber and tomatoes and small oaks from a gold booster pack which is worth 35 medals, and it takes alot of EP and emergencies to get that!!!

2. skb13

skb13 User

Yep - it's why I've never tried to get a platinum medal - the effort is not worth it. Make it worthwhile, and I'll spend the EP/Vitx to get platinum. I get gold medals 'by accident' when I have to send 5 people to an emergency - I don't really want them....

wrighty8 likes this.
  3. -MrMungo-

-MrMungo- User

I would triple-like the post if I could.
    I posted something somewhat similar a while back in the other forum.
    FYI, lately I got 2 Platinum booster packs.
    - 1 bar (classic) x2, 30 lumber x2, 270 Pilsner x2
    - 25 roof tiles x2, 440 barley x2, 320 hops x2

Need I say more?

wrighty8 and wildheart50122 like this.
  4. wizardelo

wizardelo User

That's why i posted again MrMungo, cause i doubt anyone will be looking into the old forum for update ideas. i have a feeling its possible, we need to be more loud about this :)

5. Agreed and supported. The booster pack system as it is now doesn't make much sense. It's one of reasons I don't play ERS as the problems far outweigh the benefits.

Not sure crying louder will help us as they are upto their neck in troubles with Cineplex now. :cool: :D :cool:

6. Doggone

Doggone User

Hell yea! Voted this way and posted this way.

7. kuroyany

kuroyany User

Have still yet to receive one these booster pack residentials..

8. rozára

rozára User

I agree, I got 2 packts of gold booster and I got potatoes, wood etc, no special award.

9. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

Agree, I sent a similar suggestion to BP the one and only? time we could contact them thou the survey. Although I doubt they read anything that anyone wrote on those surveys.
    Also suggested that they start by removing al farm stuff at least from higher medals.

10. wizardelo

wizardelo User

make booster packs worth it!
    i cant convince myself to spend medals anymore, they just stockpile in warehouse...

brucenic and -MrMungo- like this.
  11. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

Me to, I just get angry when I use them.
    Like using a bunch of gold medals and getting something like 300 tomatoes, 150ex, 200cc, will only upset players and that really should not be BPs goal.

wildheart50122 likes this.
  12. Quick fix: Don't use them. :)
    It's like everyday decision making. If something is useless, we don't bother about it. Why shouldn't we do the same in the game? Booster pack useless? Why bother? Go for things which are worth it. :)

And let the BP catch up later when they realise nobody is using it so something must be wrong. :)

13. Arketec

Arketec User

Agreed better prizes for better medals mos' def'.

14. Joey77

Joey77 User

I see Wiz has already beaten me to this post, I was just on my way to make this thread. The current prizes suck hind tit, even the higher quality medals only reward me with classic improvements.

I have enough improvements, I never want to see another one again! Please make the medal rewards worth getting, this is really peaving me off. I refuse to use any more 200% emergency's while the rewards stay this aweful.
    Thank you.

Edit: I can buy 6 improvements for 7500 cc, but I also can spend money to buy Vitamin-X packs, and MM, waste a ton of EP, and time to finally get 50 platinum medals, only to receive 2 classic improvements and 100 tomatoes, (Rage quit!)

It didn't bother me right away, but after the 1000th time of not receiving a good reward, I give up frustrated and angry...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  15. wizardelo

wizardelo User

you are so right Joey, i still play the EMS because i got alot of EP i got nothing to do with and since that means training doesnt cost me and there are no repair costs its just another thing to do while waiting for rents or coming up with upgrade plans. but i have stopped spending all my medals for a while now.
    stockpiling until they decide to change the reward system.

16. -MrMungo-

-MrMungo- User

What I really, really, really want to know is who is that one person who doesn't want the rewards to be worth it?

17. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

CEO of BP obvious :p

You need to put down quite some effort to get a bunch of medals so the rewards should reflect that. Also it is much harder to get the better medals and you need a lot more of them. This need to take in to account a lot more when determine the quality of the rewards.

18. dkarl2

dkarl2 User

Some prizes, though much more rare than Residential Improvements, do appear to be geared toward medal level:

My recently won ERS-related buildings ...

Bronze: Large Hydrant (L2), First Aid Box (L2), Large Hydrant (L2)
    Silver: Surveillance Outpost (L3), Surveillance Outpost (L3)

So, presumably Copper wins L1 buildings, L2 for Bronze, L3 for Silver, and L4 for Gold (I haven't recorded any evidence of the high or low ends). Just the way the booster shops depicts it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Recently won decorations:

Bronze: Large Hedge (+5 mood), Sunflower Bed (+7 mood), Purple Tulip Flower Bed (+14 mood), Fountain (+11 mood)
    Silver: Tree (+18 mood), Radio Tower (+18 mood)
    Gold: 2x Red Tulip Flowerbed (+22 mood)

The one apparent anomaly here is the Purple Flowerbed I won with Bronze medals ... would have thought that would be reserved for Silver medals ... maybe I recorded it incorrectly :)

Note that when I won the Red Tulip Flowerbeds with the Gold medals, I got 2 permits in 1 booster pack, not 1 permit in each of 2 booster packs. So, even though quality was pretty close to Silver decoration level, I got twice the volume.

Oh, and I did finally win a residential, a Water Tower permit while redeeming 25 Silver medals.

And, CC/EP/PP/XP also appear to be doled out in graduated increments, but based on your Mayor level:

Mayor L25.4 340CC, L27.4 380CC, L30.1 430CC, L30.4 430CC (all were Bronze)
    Mayor L25.4 410EP, L29.4 580EP, L30.3 620EP (first 2 were Bronze, last Silver)
    Mayor L25.3 250PP ... only example I have
    Mayor L26.2 170XP, L30.4 210XP, L30.4 210XP, L30.4 210XP (first Bronze, last 3 Silver)

The awards are awful, but they are increasing, based, I believe, on Mayor level, not medal quality

My point being, sure, you can hold out hoping that BP suddenly decides to get generous on the other items (RI, materials, CC/EP/PP/XP), but you already a chance at correspondingly better awards if you're lucky enough to get an ERS building or a decoration.

I'm redeeming now.

19. wizardelo

wizardelo User

emergency re...balance and another disappointment towards rewards

tones of lumber and classic RI from silver and gold packs... that's NOT OK. i understand you guys like to give us RI but make them at least better quality.

20. dkarl2

dkarl2 User

Update: They lowered the # of medals required to buy a given pack, and I think they increased the value, too.

Silver pack today got me three Classic RIs ... I know, you wanted Luxury or at least Fancy, but the quantity is impressive.

Also, just redeemed my first post-update 20 medal Gold pack, got a Classic RI and an Epic RI (washer, permanent +30% needs revenue, not bad).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.