!! Marketplace Purchase Message Error !!

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by MI.Calgon, Dec 23, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MI.Calgon

MI.Calgon User

Because I needed to purchase more raspberries for the Winterfest Event, I went to the marketplace to do so. However, when I clicked to purchase several lots of either one thousand, five thousand, and perhaps even, ten thousand, I got the message that "Someone else was faster than you."...so I repeated my attempts to purchase them several times. I then realized when looking at how many CC's I had available, that I had actually purchased them. :eek: Upon checking my warehouse, :mad:I saw that I had purchase over 92,000!!! I am currently at 92,310. I will only deliver what I need for the remaining required amount which is 518. **I will not do anything else with them until I hear back.
    I know that I could attempt to sell them for the amounts for which I believe I purchased them. Many were at 7 CC's, some at 8 CC's, and perhaps even 9 or 10. However, if possible, I would prefer to be refunded my CC's and have much of the excess removed from my warehouse.

I guess my request would be to refund the CC's for any purchases after the first two perhaps even three attempts if needed as I believe that I purchased more than necessary after the first two. *edited here*

Thank you in advance for help with this.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  2. MI.Calgon

MI.Calgon User

**Correction to my post above** ;) Yes, I know I could have edited it~preferred to just add another comment.

My delivery was for 582 raspberries.
    Waiting for a reply if I will be credited for the over-purchase.:)

3. MI.Calgon

MI.Calgon User

To further help whomever works on this, I just started production on all 5 of my brickyards.

:D Thank you again!!!

4. AldoTF03

AldoTF03 User

Hi, I just had the same problem except for the product, which was lumber of which I now have 132 lumber. I am wondering if others besides MI.Calgon have had this problem.

Thanks
    AldoTF03

5. davidD

davidD User

I'm also having this problem - it was only because of this post that I realised I had also purchased thousands of potatoes as opposed to a few hundred like I was supposed to. As with MI.Calgon, I would rather the 5,500 extra potatoes that I bought be removed and refunded, but we'll see what happens when the mods fix it. Looks like it might be happening to everyone then.

6. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

We are aware that market will show you "Somebody was faster" message even if the purchase was successful. This issue has been forwarded to our devs for investigation and solution.
    All purchases in which CC were subtracted are credited with the goods.

7. MI.Calgon

MI.Calgon User

For those of you who have replied to my post, thank you for sharing that you are having the same issue. I saw another thread by someone else who has reported the issue they had.
    *If you wish to have someone from the tech team take any action (if possible for a "refund"), you will need to post your own thread. I believe that the more people who report their individual issue of this problem will help alert the team as to how "widespread" the issue may be. *Be sure to include your user ID when posting your issue.
    Until the issue is resolved, I suggest that you check your CC amount both before and after an attempt to purchase product-whatever it may be. I have been doing so because I still get the 'You were to slow' message even though it was an actual purchase.

8. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

I have the same problem but I sold the extra so no help needed.
    To others I recommend you to try add the time of your error as accurate as possible as it will be very hard to track down what happened to all of you otherwise. If possible also try to add the size of each buy.
    If you will get any refund this will help out.
    As this probably hit the hole server I wouldn't hold my breath but I really don't know anything.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  9. PirateLee

PirateLee Guest

Each person who has this issue will need to send a ticket as we do not do refunds on the forum.

I would note that since we have more than 3.5 million players this may take some time to get to everyone individual account.

This will need to be done one by one as every sale is different.

There is only one of me so if there is more than a few thousand it may be many months of typing to get to them all...just warning everyone.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. MI.Calgon

MI.Calgon User

I've not seen anything as to how to send a ticket. I tried to look for something in the FAQ's, but must have missed it. How should that be done?

Thanks for taking time to reply, PirateLee.
    I guess in the meantime, I should try to sell some of my excess while there is a demand for them....

11. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

In upper right corner (in game) there is a "?", I have never used it but it should be np.

12. MI.Calgon

MI.Calgon User

:) Thank you for sharing that TellusXIV. I hope that is what PirateLee meant. I did send a message that way and hopefully I chose the proper type of request.

13. PirateLee

PirateLee Guest

You did as always get me (the dev team and other support members are all away eating turkey...rofl).
    Please read my reply so I can help fix your issue....:)

14. PirateLee

PirateLee Guest

Thanks mate your comments and help are always appreciated.:D:D:D

15. AldoTF03

AldoTF03 User

Hi,
    Just to say the problem seems to have sorted out where I am.

Thanks for all the help
    AldoTF03

16. PirateLee

PirateLee Guest

I think this is all fixed so I will close now.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.