more transportation options

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by rabbitsfoot1, May 16, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. please consider more light-rail,bus,railroad options.How about taxi service with cab stands? This would bring a new level of interest to new players and dedicated players too...thx

SnakeLady38, Andrewjf and city8936 like this.
  2. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Bit of a Train Buff, so yes the Rail would get my vote :cool:

3. billyjim

billyjim User

I like the idea, I also like trains.

The devil is visiting again and making me be his advocate once more. What benefits would these additional modes of transportation add to the game? Are the just going to be decorations. We do not deliver freight, or passengers. The current vehicles are nothing but visual candy to keep the screen from being static. We do not cover great distances. How much computing power will be necessary to run these graphics, etc.

There Mr. Devil I did your bidding leave me alone for now. :eek:

Andrewjf likes this.
  4. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

LOL @billyjim .... Yes, the data load always concerns me as RC is quite light on in that respect.... I'm not sure what rabbitsfoot1 (watch out for the Owl!!) intended ?

It would be good to put down tracks as well as roads though. Just needs to be thought through a little.. :)

5. RCgirl

RCgirl User

I love the idea of new transport options if it's possible. I like the buses and bus stops especially.

ID: 9181367

6. Krassandra

Krassandra User

I don't think we need to overcomplicate the gameplay and introduce "bus", "railroad" and "taxi" :confused:

7. Geflin

Geflin User

For once, I find myself in complete agreement with Krassandra. Yes, I do like the aesthetic idea of trains and buses (and maybe ships in the harbors and seaways), etc. But as wise Sir Cat has noted, what function would these things actually have in the RC game? If they don't have any affect on the playing of the game, then they will be simply decorative. First of all we have to consider the computing power and coding it would require to add these features. Then we must consider that every square you put a rail line, bus stop, taxi cab stand, etc. on is one less square you can build other things on (in a game where, as you level up, land becomes a serious scarcity). Finally, we must consider the basic differences in RC from other (unnamed) games that do have such things as power lines, railways, bus stops, etc. Do we really want RC to become just another one of those? Unless having these features would mean new tasks, production changes, or new actions in the game, I would agree with Krassandra and Billyjim. I guess the best way to look at it might be: we don't have "transportation" per se in RC so what do we need "new transportation options" for? Are there any existing "transportation options"? No......and it seems thus Andrewjf's owl prediction comes true.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
    Andrewjf likes this.
  8. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

9. brucenic

brucenic User

What if the rail lines had a "sphere of influence" like the emergency buildings and rent and production was increased within that sphere? The extent of the sphere could depend on the upgrade status of a station. One station needed per playfield and joined up to the tracks?
    The trains running on the tracks might upgrade along with the station to sleeker faster models.

Andrewjf likes this.
  10. Krassandra

Krassandra User

"rent and production" increased? :rolleyes:

Looks like the whole "Update & Idea pool" has in fact just a single idea - to find a "decent" reason to beg for more production :mad::mad::mad:

11. Geflin

Geflin User

I disagree with you that players are obsessed as you make it out to be, especially since you seem opposed to adding anything at all to the game and often do not take into account that although a lower level player might not "need" such additions, higher level players do. However, in regards to this particular addition, I do agree with your normal stance. While there are aesthetic appeals to the idea, it's not worth the trade off regarding available space...and there are already several aspects of the game that augment revenues. As for production increases we do need that for higher levels...but it should be earned (like the Mastery Challenge idea) and actually needed...and I do not see a need for such increases in an overall context (i.e. existing production is sufficient until at least one additional play field unlocks). So I agree that trying to attach a production increase to this transportation idea, which itself doesn't make practical sense, amounts to and end run around the production issue (and that's just a more polite way of saying exactly what Krassandra said).

12. Krassandra

Krassandra User

I support gameplay improvement. I'm against giving players more benefit. It have already ruined too many games.

13. Geflin

Geflin User

Maybe they should take away all benefits to the players then, and see how many still play?

14. Krassandra

Krassandra User

Taking benefits away is as wrong as giving players more and more.

15. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Blimey!! I think I must have missed that one?..... the seagulls in the coast expansion thread doesn't count ok, that was just humourous banter...

16. brucenic

brucenic User

That a railway would improve production is how real life works. You can get more raw goods in, and more finished goods out at a cheaper price. That is why many large scale factories have their OWN railway spurs.
    (It would also make sense that with rail, breweries, and brickyards would no longer be tied to their specific spots).
    Would it be worth it?
    Well, that would be your choice - you choose between using up land and the expense of the rails and the benefit you might get.

Andrewjf likes this.
  17. Krassandra

Krassandra User

Every joke has something serious deep inside. For example, I greatly support emergency system expansion (not necessary the seagull life-guard :)) or any other thing that brings variety but not benefit. But I'm greatly against any thing that ruins the game

Andrewjf likes this.
  18. billyjim

billyjim User

Again we have strayed off topic. I would not object if they wished to change some of the cars in the game field to a bus that randomnly roam the streets. But, this does not sound like what was originally intentioned. If we are going to expand the transportation side of the game, then there needs to be a benefit for the lost space and materials or there is no reason for anyone to expand this option.

19. Andrewjf

Andrewjf User

Agreed.
    Trains/Tracks would be a nice variation/option on Cars/Roads. If there was a twist with delivering goods from Production Facilities to Commercial buildings that would be a bonus, but I daresay this would add immensly to programming/data requirements + of course Land is already at a premium. I do like the variation in Vehicles during some of the events ie: Sports cars and Motorbikes :)

20. Thanks Billy for getting us back on topic
    when we get the new play field there could be a possibility of the road network being replaced by a rail network with suitable decos for mood enhancement like bus stops different classes of trains etc

Andrewjf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.