Moving Buildings

Discussion in 'Questions & Bug Reports' started by truelinor, Mar 5, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. truelinor

truelinor User

I have a Mystery Building that turned into a Art Studio. I "built" it in the country, but I would like to move it to the city. Is there a way I can do that? I've tried the move tool, but it won't go into the holding space that comes down from the top of your screen.

2. s.c.lynx

s.c.lynx Game Administrator Team RisingCities

truelinor - Click on the moving tool. Then click on the Art Studio and drag the building to the inventory. Closing the moving tool. Go to the play field you wish to have the building in. Then click on the moving tool and click on the Art Studio and drag it to where you want it to be. You can not change play fields with the moving tool open.

truelinor likes this.
  3. truelinor

truelinor User

Yes, I know, however, when I do as you instructed, it says Attention: This item can't be moved to the Inventory."

Also, a side question: The items in the inventory - if they have a gold background does that mean that item can be rebuilt without costing any money? I have some items there I got as Mystery Buildings. I didn't want to destroy them in case I needed them for something, but I either didn't care for the item (the big tongue) or I had more than I needed of it. Also, since we're talking about Mystery Buildings, can they be destroyed and redone to get a different item? That would be really nice if they could! :D

4. s.c.lynx

Sorry I did my moving with an Art Gallery not an Art Studio. You are not allowed to move production facilities to different playfields in the game. You should be able to bulldoze the building and rebuild it in a different play field. I can not try this for you as I do not have an Art Studio in my city. Also I could not find your Art Studio in your game, I tried.

Let us know what happens if you decide to bulldoze the building?

5. truelinor

truelinor User

Sure, I'll be back to this thread when it's finished. Btw, it is at the bottom of the country play field - but I'm moving it to the city.

6. s.c.lynx

Thank you. When you bulldoze a building your building permit should go back into the Designer Depot.

7. truelinor

truelinor User

OK! I bulldozed it over and sure enough there was the permit when I went to the city. I have rebuilt it at no cost whatsoever to myself. (Happy about that!) I just have the Art Studio and don't really know what to do with it - I guess I just need to wait to get the Art Gallery, right?

nika1980 likes this.
  8. s.c.lynx

That is great news. I thought that but have not had the need to do this with a building I won on the Loot-O--Matoc. You could always create art work and sell them in the market place. While you wait to win an Art Studio. I need a new source of Art for my two Art Galleries.

9. truelinor

truelinor User

"That is great news. I thought that but have not had the need to do this with a building I won on the Loot-O--Matoc. You could always create art work and sell them in the market place. While you wait to win an Art Studio. I need a new source of Art for my two Art Galleries."

I got this from the Mystery Buildings. (Btw, the Loot-o-matic isn't working at the moment - you can start it, but the Stop button is grayed out and unclickable, so it just keeps going and going!)

I will consider doing that - selling my art work on the Market Place! Look for my name when you buy it next time! :D

EDIT: Oops! Meant to ask which buildings have the Art Gallery as a requirement?

10. s.c.lynx

11. truelinor

truelinor User

OK! Thank you very much! I don't think I have either the hacienda or the Chateau. Something to look forward to! :D

EDIT: Wow, there are some buildings there I would really love to get! But I think they look seasonal, like the Gingerbread Home, the Winter Cottage, and the Haunted House. Do they only come out for those special events that they don't seem to have any more? (I won't start another thread for this.)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  12. s.c.lynx

truelinor - They are only available from doing special events. I do not know if they will ever let us have those any more, we can hope.

13. truelinor

truelinor User

*sigh*

The story of my life with Rising CIties. :( :)