Need Master Keys

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by tracynate, Dec 14, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracynate

tracynate User

I never seem to get master keys as a reward or gift any more. What happened? I used to have a plentiful supply and had never purchased them. Now that I really need them (for the level 4 mastery tasks) I have fun out and haven't gotten any from city hall or booster packs or anything.

2. Oh, yes, Tracy! Now that we need them, it is very difficult to get them :(.

If your cinema works, you can save some MM and buy them. Worst case: 5 Master Keys, 10 MM. Or the best offer: 30 Master Keys for 45 MM.

But of course, I support your idea of getting them more often as rewards! :)

3. wizardelo

wizardelo User

i think there is a event which gives em, but 1 out of umm 8/9 its bad : especially when we need so many for them masteries..

4. dkarl2

dkarl2 User

By my reckoning, there are only 7 events in the cycle, and only one of them awards Master Keys (the Classic Car Rally that just kicked off last Friday):

Classic Car Rally
    Artists Week
    The Circus
    Ancient Festival (this one isn't consistently in the rotation)
    Biker Rally
    Flea Market
    Wood Chopping Competition

... with, of course, the occasional seasonal bonus event (I've only participated in one, the Halloween Event, since I started playing in late July [I was too low-level to participate in the Birthday Celebration :( in August], but we might be looking forward to a Christmas Event, Valentine's Day, an Easter Event, and maybe an annual Birthday Event?).

For the newer Mayors, some of the events listed above actually are available only for higher level Mayors (usually the split is 8-14, 15-50), but in those cases there's always a different, easier to finish event geared toward you "rookies."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

One other note: Metro Money is an equally infrequently awarded prize, only showing up in Stage 4 of the Biker Rally. (Oh, yeah, and in Stage 8 of the recent very generous Halloween Event.)

5. dkarl2

dkarl2 User

P.S. I just got a Master Key from my Christmas tree. See, BP is generous :)

6. Where's Master Keys in Classic Car Rally/Show? Can't see them anywhere.

7. I was hoping i would be awarded enough MM from the cineplex to buy the master keys, unfortunately that could take a considerable amount of time given the low rate of movies i am able to view in the cineplex

8. tracynate

tracynate User

I didn't get any master keys in the car rally event. I finally broke down and bought the middle package of master keys rather than wait 7-10 days to get up enough MM to buy the top package. I've already used them all up and need more. :( I think maybe we used to get them as city hall gifts or else as some task rewards at lower levels. i never used to lack them when I was new. Maybe as we level up and city hall rewards get more valuable, the master keys stop coming? Maybe they are in the shooting star packs? I'm saving up to do the 6 star pack.

9. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

1,3,6 packs give exactly the same rewards, only difference is if you have lots of stars then 6 packs is faster to use.
    CHs can give mk but weary rarely, I got a pack last w from a lvl6 ch. Imo they have lowered the drop rate in ch and don't hand out mk as rewards nearly as often as before.

10. Hipshot

Hipshot User

I'm too lazy to mess with the master keys, and I only have about 8 of them anyway. I just save up the MM from the cinema and buy the stage of mastery for the building. It's close to the same cost because you have to switch them, wait days, then switch them back to whatever you need. It gets the buildings out of sync, but I can't get excited about that little inconvenience.

11. skb13

skb13 User

I got 1 from my tree! :)

12. orev30

orev30 User

It's the same with me, i got one from my tree and 6 from my "hotel de ville" (how do you tell in english ?)
    It's very difficult to have a lot of them. What could we do to ask BP about that ?

13. -MrMungo-

-MrMungo- User

The reply you are likely to get is "master keys can be purchased via the City Treasury".
    Other than that, just use them wisely, complete the events, make use of the shooting stars, and hope for the best!
    Hotel de Ville = City Hall I'd imagine?

14. skb13

skb13 User

I managed to collect lots in the past, but City Hall (Hotel de Ville) and Tree seem to be your best bet at the moment. Occasionally you'll get them from an event, but until recently they were not much used, so people probably moaned "Why would I want 10 Master Keys as a reward?".

15. -MrMungo-

-MrMungo- User

*raises hand* I was one of them!
    So you can blame me Tracy, Orev, et al.

16. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

As Mungo said Hotel de Ville is indeed City Hall, often shorten to CH or just ch.

17. orev30

orev30 User

Ok, ok thank you for your answers, but don't worry Mr Mungo, you're not alone! ;)

-MrMungo- likes this.
  18. tracynate

tracynate User

Just reviewed the Winterfest OA - I notice that all of the levels except the top (which I will be getting) include master keys as a reward.

19. I noticed that too. Funny. :)

20. sleepylee

sleepylee User

I was also struggling to collect Master Keys and experiencing problems similar to others. Then i got lucky on the Loot 'a' Matic and won ( if i remember correctly ) 20 Keys which were then doubled with the Buff Token to 40. I also won quite a lot of CC,which was nice. I know winning the Loot'a'Matic tokens in the first place is a bit challenging,however i think it is the best way of obtaining Keys,CC,XP and other items to give your city a nifty boost. I obviously prefer to progress in the game without purchasing any MM,however when the Loot'a'Matic is operational a small financial transaction to acquire more Tokens is, in this case, worth it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.