New Events Please?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Geflin, Nov 12, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geflin

Geflin User

O.K., let's hear the people speak:D Granted, there has been some great discussions regarding our hopes for a special St. Paddy's Day event. But there is also a need for new regular weekly events. Newer players will of course want the experience of the Farmer's and Flea Market(s), Children's and Artist Festivals, Call and Bike Rally, etc. But variety being the spice of life, maybe we should give the devs some options to consider for a new batch of weekly events?

Carnival: Everyone loves a State/County Fair or Carnival, right? And do not confuse such with the Circus Event. The event could require construction of a "midway" for rides and games, followed by producing Funnel Cakes and Caramel Apples and corn for Popcorn. Drop items can be donations of prize items for the Carnival games (stuffed animals from workers/students and 'novelty merchandise' from capitalists). The 'boulder pickups' could be cotton candy dropped all over town by kids that went to the carnival. Your top prize could be like a Ferris Wheel that puts out massive happy (+1,000).

Fishing Tournament: Let's put the coast to good use! Wood production for small boats to fish from (rowboats). Farm production of worms for bait, and melons for fisherman refreshments. Drop items: lures/tackle from workers/students and silver for making trophies from capitalists. Boulder pickups of fish all over. Prizes could be extra fishery permit, and a residential special building "Fisherman's Lodge" much like the Biker Lodge.

Those are just two ideas...and am sure others out there have plenty more to add. I think it would be nice if, at least for a couple months, the devs shelve the exisiting regular events and dish up a new menu. Am hoping to get enough replies here that we might just get a new event or two out of it:rolleyes:

promaster202 likes this.
  2. wizardelo

wizardelo User

pro: great idea, thumbs up, game needs new things to do/achieve/challenge
    con: last community letter (which implies any new additions to game is not going to happen.... any time soon)

3. billyjim

billyjim User

Great Ideas Geflin. Let me think about it and flesh out some ideas and I will post in a couple of days. Thanks for starting the thread. :D:D:D

Geflin likes this.
  4. Geflin

Geflin User

Thank you for the compliment and the support (and that goes for Wizardelo too :) ). Would like to add that maybe the devs should see this not as an "addition" to the game but as an adjustment. After all, we already have events, it's not like we are asking for yet another playfield right this minute. We are simply saying we have had enough beef how's about chicken today, right? Should be rather easy to do, as the very existence of the Rock and Roll festival proves. As well, if BP/RC wants us to spend actual money on this game, they would do well to respond when we ask for stuff like this. Case in point: Pogo does listen to player input, constantly adding new things. I have spent hundreds of dollars buying "gems" on Pogo (like MM) to get premium challenge albums and badges specifically because Pogo keeps coming out with new ones. It's called "good business", and it works. I have had friends get me MM here for my Birthday because at that time RC had added new special buildings I really wanted (gold permits and Mystery permits). They have added some new stuff that has me considering buying MM myself. Just saying, honey catches more flies :)

Would like to hear your ideas billyjim, and of course yours Wizardelo, on specific events that could be done. Would like to hear from anyone else also. And, in defense of BP/RC (*makes puppy dog eyes for the devs*) we can be patient and not expect these changes too soon, understanding they will take time to process and implement. Maybe my wingtips are just green, but I have faith in the devs' willingness to give us players what we want if there are enough of us to make it worthwhile from their point of view.:cool:

billyjim likes this.
  5. Kiriana

Kiriana User

Well tickle me biscuits:D Am glad someone brought this up. Let's see....I have not been with the game too long and I already would love to see more variety in the events and prizes. Am sure the lady players out there will agree that aesthetics just fall to pieces with too much repetition. I like it when events offer buildings and deco that are unique and spice up the look of your city.

Ideas: How about a Craft Fair? Mills could make wood carvings, Farms could produce either refreshments or maybe gourds for making birdhouses out of. Each type of resident could contribute crafts as drop items (represented by say a quilt patch, bead necklaces, in a woven basket?). The big prize could be a art gallery and art studio because these are hard to get out of the Mystery buildings.

Or maybe they could do a Wine Tasting thingy. You know, grow grapes, brew wine, even cheese if you have dairy farms. Prize could be an extra brewery coded to be placed even though there is no water hole for it, but once placed you can't move it? :oops:

billyjim likes this.
  6. billyjim

billyjim User

You asked for it.

First new idea:

How about a pet show event. We could ask the residents to donate/offer their pets as contestants: Workers-Dogs, Capitalists-Cats, Students-something exotic birds, ferrets, snakes etc.; or even more fun just have the pets randomly generated from all residents but collect from a specific citizen type. We would need lumber, beams, saw dust and hay for stalls, cages and bedding. Need bricks, tiles and roof tiles to keep the babies warm dry and comfy. Farms can make Cat Nip, Corn, Wheat, and Barley, Bakeries can make Doggie treats and animal feed, as well as Treats for the humans. ALso sad to say we would have to clean up the streets after our darlings this would create a lot of trash, can we say (to be polite) boulder drops. We also need libations for the owners so sounds like kegs of beer and casks of wine are needed. Oh we need trophies so we would need to get the brick yards working also. I think that covers the production end. Now for rewards. How about some upper level decorations (the kind we have to use MM's to get) and exclusive residences and production facilities.

With the exception of the animals and the catnip all of these items are all ready in the system. So fairly easy set up for RC/BP. I have provided more than possible for a single event so that items could be pick and chosen. Could even be broken into two or more events such as a Cat, Dog or Exotic animal events with different production items and rewards. Could be alternated in the monthly cycle Cat show one month, Dog Show next month, Exotic Animal Show the next month.

Geflin likes this.
  7. Well thought out billy, we do need event upgrades which brings back the idea of higher levels for the events from possibly level 40 to 75
    with improved rewards. the one major problem is with the time it takes to manufacture tiles and roof tiles,also wheat and barley this would be prohibitive to most it takes weeks to manufacture these 2 items just for one upgrade or you would have to buy them from the warehouse therein is the next problem.

8. billyjim

billyjim User

The solution would be to only require a small number like 60 to 100 of each which could be produced in one run of two or three brickyards. Still takes eleven or ninteen hours; But, we have to produce how many Tofu hot dogs 5000 plus the needed soy beans. The Tiles and Roof tiles would be quicker to do. :p We are talking about tasks for higher level players also here.

For a level 20 to 35 level player the totals could be 30 to 50 each. Again would be a challenge but doable.

9. billyjim

billyjim User

Second idea.

Wild West Show or Rodeo.

We could have Horses and Bison and Native Americans and Cowboys. Farms could produce Oats and Corn for the animals. Again would need Lumber, Beams, Plywood, Straw and Sawdust for the stables. Would have to have snacks for the show and Sarsaparilla for drinking getting the bakeries and breweries involved. The Workers could donate rope for the lariats; Students could donate blankets; and Capitalist could donate gold and silver for Medals. Once again we have a trash problem. Even bigger than the pet shows. Also we could have things getting lost in the streets Traditional Native Artifacts that have to be gathered up and returned. More boulder drops. Oh, my. If it got to be really rad we could have cowboys and indians roaming the streets during the event. Like we have sports cars or bikers during the Car Rally and Biker Event. Now that would be fun to watch. Rewards could be some Western themed decorations and specialty buildings, A saloon (revamped beer garden), or general store / Emporium (revamped Fruit Stand or Hollywood Deli)

Third idea

Sci Fi Convention

Would be less construction but would be a different look. All high tech and sleek styling for the setting. Farms could produce Soy Beans, Corn, Oats, Have to be Gluten Free goodies. Bakeries could make Space Shaped snacks using various combination of these ingredients (would require some serious planning to get the correct mixture of ingredients to make them) Could also add Milk and or cheese and eggs to make the task a real challenge. Such as for every ten cookies need five Oats or soy bean, one raspberry, one egg and two milk. Brickyards could make alien souvenirs. Donations from residents: Costumes and accessories, Students leading the charge with the Capitalist footing the bill. Rewards some of our more advant garde residence expressionist villas or better yet a sky center or something new. This would require the most work of the ideas I have thought of so far and would be the least likely to be done.

promaster202 and Geflin like this.
  10. Geflin

Geflin User

Excellent ideas and well articulated. Love the idea too...sounds like a fun event. The residential prize could be a ranch style "animal lovers' ranchouse" with a grassy yard and like a dog in the yard and cat on a porch. High level deco would be an excellent reward for ANY event; would love a Parisian Tower myself :)

11. Geflin

Geflin User

Again, love the ideas....hope the devs put some of this stuff to use ;)

12. Kiriana

Kiriana User

Pets...Rodeos...what more could a girl want? With all these ideas, maybe they might give us something new:rolleyes: No holding me breath though:oops:

13. billyjim

billyjim User

Sorry Kirianna you gave me one more idea.

How about a Fashion Event. We would have to build a runway and seating so we would need lumber, beams from the lumber mills. We would also need to have some materials to make the fashions with. We could collect when we collect rentL Maybe needles from the workers, Cloth from the Capitalist, and the Students could volunteer to be the models. We could find thread and buttons in the streets. We would need to grow grapes at the farms to make into wine at the breweries (I know a stretch but not that far fetched) for the guests. If we need more we could make carrots and tomatos for the models have to watch their weight.

Rewards: Couple of epic Residential improvements, The Art Studio and or the Art Gallery, Condo Tower, Comfy Apartment Building, Distinctive Highrise, MM's. CC's. EP's,

Okay, where are the rest of you people. I can not be the only one who can think up this stuff. Do not be shy. :p:)

Kiriana, Geflin and MisterN68 like this.
  14. MisterN68

MisterN68 User

Fishing tournament and Fashion event gets my vote. But: Production time of grapes should be short - max. 1h (Not 4hs like soy beans 4 tofu dogs in Biker's week :cool::D).

MisterN68

15. billyjim

billyjim User

We had grapes in one of the special events I think it was the Easter event (not completely certain, I could use a little memory support here folks). I think it was two hours. Another option and maybe even more appropriate for Fashion Event, Grapes into Champagne (again Champagne bottles exist in other special events). I do agree make it tough but not killer. :D

16. Kiriana

Kiriana User

Why thank you, kind Sir :) That sounds like a fine event idea...better than just a wine tasting thingy:p

17. MisterN68

MisterN68 User

Not directly memory support, but i checked the Event FAQs 4 facts :rolleyes:;). Grapes were produced in Winter Festival and they had production time of 4hs then. Champagne was introduced in Easter event when it was collected from Capitalist.
    Granted, those events were longer than normal weekly events. If suggested events will be realised and they r longer than normal weekly 1s, I might accept production times exceeding 1h :cool:;). Also some "sense" should be used when the production amounts r setted.
    4 Example (From Rock Event): Event needs plywood (450 pieces from level 24 onwards). Output 20/40/80, production time 2h for 1 set. 5 Lumber mills (Level 3) produces 400 total/run. That leaves 50 to produced on 2nd run (only 1 mill) and then u overproduce 30 piece.
    What im trying to say: Production requirement should be able to be divided by level 2 (and 3 in upper levels) amount of output in the manufacturing facility in question (Lumber mill in my "case"). (200 pieces = 1 run, 240 - 1 run and 1 mill 2nd time, 280 - 1r + 2ms , 320 - 1r+3ms until level 24 / 400 - 1run, 480 - 1r+1m, 560 - 1r+2ms etc after level 24).
    (Sorry if there is errors, English is not my main language, hope this makes sense though)

MisterN68

billyjim likes this.
  18. billyjim

billyjim User

Makes great sense. The counter argument would be that some players need a more of a challenge or they would get bored with the game. I do understand the frustration of not being able to complete a challenge, but it is also frustrating to be able to go through an event and complete it in a few hours. There needs to be a balance. Thanks for the comment.

19. Geflin

Geflin User

Just wanted to thank everyone who is giving input. This is exactly the kind of stuff I had hoped to see:D Anybody else out theeeeeeere?:rolleyes:

20. how about a carnival parade?
    Carnival Parade'' Hey, Mayor ! it's carnival. why don't you arrange for a carnival parade?
    the carnival parade will have 3 difficulties:
    Level 8-14
    Level 15-25
    Level 25+

Exclusive Rewards:

Decorations:

Parade Float

Residentials:
    Carnival Tower

Level 8-14

StageRequiresRewards
    145 Lumber