No MM for Cineplex - POST HERE

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Ironkat, Apr 6, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ironkat

Ironkat User

Is anyone else having problems with the Cineplex. I tried to watch a movie, but nothing showed up. When I opened the screen, it showed that I had watched a movie. But I didn't watch a movie or get any MM. So now I can't do anything for another 24 hrs. And who knows when I will have an actual movie to watch next time. It is just a question. Ironkat Id 3402907

2. garrius

garrius User

yes, I have problems too with cineplex...didnt bother reporting it though...the 3 films yesterday didnt play...a loss of 45mm
    garrius | ID 4181987

3. PirateLee

PirateLee Guest

Regretfully this is an external feature controlled and provided by advertisers.
    We have no input nor control and to make matters worse some countries do not have any movies ever, others have very limited advertisements.

4. Has anybody had this cinema failure when the movie is too small or whatever and the system refuses to play it saying the format is not supported? It has happened to me several times already. I want to check if it is a general issue or just me before I comment on that elsewhere. Thanks.

5. kuroyany

kuroyany User

Yup, it's happened to me on 2 of my tickets today and it's happened to me in the past too

6. It has then switches to the movie. Kind of like it thought it is going to fail but manages to play after all.

7. billyjim

billyjim User

Yup, sure has. But, why bother to complain, "All movies and rewards are supplied by sponsors advertising their products. Rising Cities has no control over these advertisers ". Ergo we get what we get. That is that.

tpaintdoc05 likes this.
  8. I still struggle to understand this concept. There should always be a routes of communication about anything related to the business in question. Their excuse sounds to me, like, well ......... a silly excuse.

Would it be within the limits of a reasonable business to have the means to inform the content provider, that they are actually not using the Cineplex in accordance with the way it was programmed? And that the content they are trying to deliver can't be displayed becouse of that?

Also, who actually programmed the Cineplex? Is BP team responsible for that flawed operation when it takes the ticket even when the movie fails and the reward is not given?

Somebody help me understand please as all this still looks to me like foolishness.

tpaintdoc05 likes this.
  9. Hipshot

Hipshot User

It can't be understood Norton, because you're right. It's something they added to increase the income, and they don't want to spend too much time on it. This is why I railed about it several times. It's also why I started using the debugger in Chrome to experiment until I could get them to play. Using the emulation facilities in Chrome, I can make every movie they put in there play. I still haven't totally conquered the ones that play and then don't pay off. I get about 80% of those. Meanwhile, the moderators take the brunt of it because we can't contact the others directly.

The cinema does make a nice decoration though.

kuroyany and tpaintdoc05 like this.
  10. billyjim

billyjim User

The cinema is an okay decoration. Would have prefered a more elaborate movie palace, The Chinese theater in Hollywood, the Roxie in Chicago, Rockefeller Center in New York. :)

11. Hipshot

Hipshot User

When your population goes over 2 million, you can have one.

nortoncommander and daniel23492 like this.
  12. billyjim

billyjim User

That will be about 2155 at the current rate of growth.

13. We have some serious long term players here. :)

tpaintdoc05 likes this.
  14. billyjim

billyjim User

This from the one of the old masters.

15. Mr.Crowley

Mr.Crowley User

the Cineplex is broken after you watch it, a white screen pops up with " Thank you for watching the video" and then it don't pay out it just never ends. And i waited 25 mins so i now lost all 3 tickets with no payment.

16. Caduceus

Caduceus User

Hello Mr.Crowley,

If you have an Ad Blocking extension, you might want to entirely disable it before attempting to watch your movies. White-listing Rising Cities doesn't work 100% of the time.

If this makes no difference, you may be having an issue with an older browser version. Try updating your Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome/Opera or switching to another browser. You may also want to update your flash player.

You should read the stickied Cineplex post for further information, as any issues with the system are out of our hands and it will not be possible for us to investigate the issue.

I will move this post to Speakers' Corner so you may discuss with other players potential fixes to this issue.

17. HKAnts

HKAnts User

I disable all my Ad Blockers before trying to watch, 2 days ago, I could only watch 2, the first one didn't play also today the same but yesterday i couldn't watch any!!

18. kuroyany

kuroyany User

Have you tried the emulator and had success with the Supersonic ads on their separate page? Been quite a few lately but won't play, due to wrong conversion rate error

19. Hipshot

Hipshot User

Actually, no. I haven't seen those ads yet.

20. neither have i

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.