No MM for Cineplex - POST HERE

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Ironkat, Apr 6, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My cinema played and awarded MM.

Problem with "unsupported size" is still NOT fixed. :)

So who actually fixed it? BP devs, or Cineplex provider? :D :D :D Sounds to me like BP devs did. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. PirateLee

PirateLee Guest

Nice to get a positive email mate this has been a nightmare for everyone but the team (both external and internal) have worked none stop to get it fixed.:D:D

3. AirDavie74

AirDavie74 User

still no MM awarded.

volvo ad.

AirDavie74 | ID 1192039

4. wizardelo

wizardelo User

i will throw in my 2 cents in this messy thread because im tired of reading a dozen posts about this subject daily.

i havent seen a movie available in cineplex in more then 6 months. i check it every day and i see "no movies available" each day. regional adds in cinema is a crappy way to discriminate. wasting 10 minutes a day to watch 3 crappy adds which may or may not give you a reward is better then not having anything.

for those who actualy get some ads which may or may not work and whine about it all day long i got a question: WANNA TRADE?

... thought so.

LATER EDIT: for mods i got one tip, please change cineplex faq to say "after watching a movie you have a chance of getting 15MM" that way if ppl whine you can just say well you were unlucky, tough love. right now ppl actualy think that watching a movie and getting MM is the same thing as clicking rent and getting CC. well folks its not. when it comes to MM, the only way to be sure you get them is to take out cash from your pockets.

5. @wizardelo: Mr wizardelo, I wonder why should anybody want to take on board your philosophy about MM? :D Appart from "discrimination", which I understand, your post makes no sense to me. MM is part of the game, it's available in unlimited amount for cash and in limited amount in-game. The latter is some on chances, like all those loteries, Town Hall etc, some for completing tasks or events. There is no reason why this shouldn't work reliable as getting CC or PP, even though MM is a bit more exclusive. :) MM is not just a Cineplex or cash, so don't get confused about that. :cool: :cool: :cool:

As to the cinema not available for everybody, it leads to another issue. If they claim they receive no revenues from provider, at least that's what I understand from their repeated refusal to take responsibility for Cineplex, what prevents them to have alternative "function" available in cinema for "unlucky" countries? There's number of ways how this could be accomplished, which I will not elaborate on right now. But, this idea would actually deserve a separate thread.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  6. concretejungle,

Id 6812611

Time 15.30 - 14/06/2014

EON twice and no movie available but still had to tick yes to remove.

no mm credited, yet was given 50mm from city hall thurs 12/06/14

Please get this fixed!

7. TellusXIV

TellusXIV User

@wizardelo
    WANNA TRADE? no thx
    Do I want the game features to work? yes thx

The blame is not on the complainers but BP and of course not on some mysterious unknown company X that no one can contact.

8. Dollars2

Dollars2 User

1. Redbull ad with guy getting ready to urinate on a pigeon as payback (twice). Also some ad with people frolicking around doing something. All the words are in German in both ads.
    2. 8 PM PST
    3. Dollars202 | ID 1328594

P.S. Sooo it works the one day when bp management is looking at the issue but stops working the day after ( go figure). Is this some bug or someone must be pocketing all this ad money that should have been our MM.

9. MikeyC69

MikeyC69 User

Yeah, worked for one day, and I am again back to no rewards. Totally useless.

10. SHOMBEE

SHOMBEE User

:mad:just now, (tennis necklace ad) , watched the ad and it told me that you have been awarded 15 mm but it was not actually awarded.

11. wizardelo

wizardelo User

i disagree.
    MM is not like collecting rent, it is indeed exactly like city hall, or lottery or xmass tree, u click, u wait, u hope, and if ur lucky u get MM.
    for rent, u click u got 100% CC no other way.
    care to respond? so why nobody is whining about not getting MM from city hall or xmass tree or lottery every time they collect those?? but on cinema its outrageous if u dont?? is it cause city hall gives u 300 PP if u dont get MM which makes it better... or some other hidden reason i fail to see.

12. -Wizz-

-Wizz- User

Thanks to those who keep providing the detailed info about cineplex via forum and tickets, we were able to temporary restore the correct functionality of this feature.
    We are still looking into it to see if there is anything else we can do on our side as well as a better mechanism for this feature.
    We know it is unpleasant for everybody and we are doing our best to try improve it.

13. You are being very funny and I wonder why you fail to recognise such simple and clearly visible facts. :) Again, your post makes no sense. ;) There of course are parts of the game resting on chances, giving not only MM, but other rewards. There also are parts resting on performing duty, giving not only CC and PP, but some of them MM also. Among those giving MM for performing tasks are quests, events and Cinema. Cinema is no more based on chances then events or rent collections are.

Anyway, rest in your disagreement with facts, if you wish so. I suspect you'll rock alone in that boat. But at least it should make you happy, without complaints, when you don't get something. ;)

Note: I think, instead of trying to justify Cineplex not working we could start a new thread for brainstorming about how this feature could be made reliable and available to everybody regardles their geographic location. Obviously everybody apart from wizardelo wants reliable fun feature nicely complementing the game. I'll probably start that when I have time, unless somebody gets more active first. :)

@-Wizz- and @PirateLee: Thanks guys for listening this time and taking appropriate action.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  14. Dollars2

Dollars2 User

Wizardelo it's just the same as if your buildings didn't give city credits or production points. How would you like it if your stadium, tree or city stopped rewarding anything and made you watch a commercial for 3 minutes before it tells you that you got a reward when you didn't. I'd have not problem with it if it worked right even if they told it was a precentage chance to get something, but it's not working the way it is supposed to work so it's like a broken promise and a broken part of the game.

P.S. I do hope that you too can get cinema movies so you can watch the commercials like the rest of us and let it tell you that the metro money has been awarded and then get nothing like us. Maybe then you'd understand our frustration.

15. :D :D :D Brother, that's malicious. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You really made me laugh at that. :cool: :D :cool:

16. wizardelo

wizardelo User

u guys are laughable, i guess i dont see the frustration, i see cinema as a part of the game i dont need. same as most of you see EMS. if only there was a way to turn off cinema, so ppl who dont like it dont have to put up with it.. man that'd be great :)))
    so lets just agree to disagree. i surely have nothing else to add.

good luck with ur frustrations!

17. You can demolish it. Or simply, ignore it.

18. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Because the cinema is designed specifically to give you MM and only MM as a reward while the others aren't. The player essentially receives a very small percentage of what the advertiser paid BP or whoever is controlling the content distribution as MM. It's almost like buying it with time. So the problem is is that the players aren't getting their end of the bargain. It's just like Cash for Action not paying out. It's just bad business, and I think most people would be rather miffed no matter the transaction taking place. Not everyone can or will pay with their own money.

19. Utter waste of time again, exactly the same 3 movies in the same order as yesterday and no pay-out, YET... hold your breath everyone my better half goes to her cinema at 22.30 last night and low and behold 3 movies = 45mm paid.
    What goes on ?????
    o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:mad::mad::mad::mad:

20. Tarise

Tarise User

Well, cineplex WAS working but it's back to that white screen that says I need to disable my ad block again. Been doing it for the last 2 days and I'm getting nothing - no movie, no MM. Sigh. Can someone fix this already?

olivemurmu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.