Not sure why you closed my thread

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by GORDR22, Jan 20, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GORDR22

GORDR22 User

Strider not sure why you closed my thread i still haven't had my questions answered... now by 2 of you that are support for Rising Cities. I don't think my issues should be just shut out or is that the way you guys deal with it ? By ignoring people does not resolve issues. I asked an honest question i'm sure everyone that's playing would like to know as we'll as just me. Are you going to add new challenges or not ?...Are you going to do anything to improve production ? ...It's impossible to keep up on products once your city grows i'm at level 50 and have 10,000 people and all stores are empty. I tried purchasing thru your online store but thats not even up to date you spend more then you make ... so what's the point. I'm hoping you have a plan to make improvements ... but if you don't ... just say so ..... it's not that hard. And please don't close this thread un answered. As i'll keep starting new ones. like i said a starving city is no fun

2. I'm sorry, Gordr, but your questions were answered to the best of the available information. If there are going to be new challenges, these will be announced in the usual channels, and that is what you were told. They will not be announced in your thread.

If you have been playing that long, you will notice that a 4th brewery slot was opened in the Suburbs, and a 6th brickyard too. It is possible to now have 6 bakeries (through events/bonus codes). So some improvements to production have been made. If more are going to happen, these will be announced in the usual places.

There is no "online store". There is a player "market place". The majority of other offers within the market place are put there by other players. It's not the games fault that the prices are higher than the revenue return - it's a market driven system.

I will leave this thread open for a short while, but if you get abusive then I will close it, and remember that if you spam the forum with threads you can be suspended. Please read the Forum Warning thread for details.

3. Geflin

Geflin User

I'm going to go 50/50 on this one. On the side of the mods and RC team...an answer we don't like is still an answer. Also, if you watch the game you do see periodic additions and improvements. Further, the forum has had some lengthy discussions of both the marketplace prices and needed production improvements as well as new events. Have not seen any talk of adding new challenge quests but would love to see it, and if you create a thread on that I will take a look and comment also. The more players we get commenting in the same threads about these things, the easier it will be for the mods to pass it on and maybe get the devs to do something. On the side of Gordr22...I agree that answers and actions have been slow in the coming. The lengthy discussions I just mentioned? Many players posted in them comments to the effect of "here we go again, heard this all before, nothing ever happens". Truth on both sides, because I have seen some changes (extra playfields, bakery, brickyard) that show we are being heard. But Gordr22 is quite right to say that (especially the larger a city gets) the production abilities are inadequate to keep up (especially in light of added playfield and Level 4 affecting population levels). So am glad you left this thread open for a bit. I think if we all use the new forum how it is intended, then discussion of these things will consolidate and get passed on, will get taken more seriously and thus be acted upon faster. Would love to hear what everyone thinks about this, including the mods. We are a community here in the forum, I say let's act like one :D

4. GORDR22

GORDR22 User

Thank you Geflin .... I started this thread to get some concerns answered or some advice from fellow game players that are in the same boat that i'm in. Strider i feel you are taking this the wrong way in what i wrote. It's pretty obvious that i enjoy the game for me to reach level 50 and 10,000 people in it. What i'm having a hard time with is i turned my game on today to restart all my production mills and i still have over 40 empty businesses so collecting rent is very low and most nothing coming in. And you mentioned what you added last year the brick yard , brewery, and most recent the 6th bakery i have all of them and still not helping. The play fields are nice but then again you are only letting select buildings in there. ( ex. i can't place my winter fest buildings or deco in the snow ) hence the name of the challenge. Any way i'm not here to fight with anyone or to be abusive to the mods .... it's another year and what's in store for all of us majors new and old. I was happy that you left this thread open for the fact that Geflin and others can discuss and maybe suggest options to help everyone whom ever they are in playing. You would think the Rising City team would be all over another year of there game running and already have posted up coming changes for this year. Like i said in my first post this is my first online game and i have enjoyed playing it. All i want to know is the Rising City Team going to step up to the plate .... or is the game over and they don't want to tell anyone that....

5. Geflin

Geflin User

You are welcome, of course. But don't be too hard on Strider or any of the other mods; as a contract paralegal I have much experience with the necessity for (and perils of) stock responses. I have found the mods will adjust their answers if you adjust your question or discussion. This is why I am very careful to acknowledge improvements/changes/communication when they do happen, and also very careful to articulate what further actions or changes (in my opinion) might be a good idea. Then I invite open discussion, often finding many players are willing to share their thoughts and ideas. Strider gave you fair answers for what he took the questions to be. Strider and the other mods could be helpful and pass along to the devs that players are getting bored/frustrated and have lots of good ideas....and of course the devs can pass right back that they are listening and doing their best, but do we realize the time and cost involved in implementing the new coding such things (might require)? In a nutshell, just like the game itself, this is a 'give-and-take' scenario. However, will agree with you on one point wholeheartedly: changes are certainly announced when they are imminent....but whether you are a free game player or paying player or both mixed, you will only sit unknowing for so long. What good does it do RC/BP to spend a year implementing a few changes (not giving any updates or even "we are thinking about" statements) only to find all the players who wanted it quit because of the long silent wait, and the new players could care less. Sounds like a lot of wasted time and resources, right? This forum exists to improve both player to player communication and player to RC team communication. If we do not employ it to that end...well, a tool unused is a tool abused.

Andrewjf, billyjim and TellusXIV like this.
  6. billyjim

billyjim User

Gordr22 I understand the frustration of the lack of communication down from the chain from Big Point and Rising Cities. There have been multiple threads regarding this over the years. But, you seam to be holding the wrong people accountable, the moderators are given only certain limited information. It has been my experience that they have tried to communicate what information they have to us as efficiently and completely as possible to us. They also take our information and pass it on to the "Powers that Be" (my name for them), but that is all they are able to do. They can not force a response from them any more than we can. Yes, this is very frustrating for us and the Mods.

The best we can do is to stay civil and continue to comment and make suggestions. Hopefully the message will get through to the "Powers that Be". As for closing your thread. That was standard operating procedure for the Moderators to a question. There version of the forum sends them a warning when a question is open in the forum so they can respond quickly. Therefore they try to close them as quickly as reasonable to clear the warnings from their systems. They get all of them. It was not a personal afront to you or anyone else.

7. Geflin

Geflin User

Well said, Billyjim. I would like to add that I have been encouraging others to engage in long and detailed discussions even where the issues had been previously talked to death, but trying to get them all in one place. I have noticed the mods have begun to communicate more often and more openly. Which is what I've been getting at....communication goes both ways. If we want our threads to stay open, we have to word our discussions and questions in ways that keep new information being tossed about. I have seen many long time players come back into the discussions :) Now, if we can just get the devs to acknowledge some of this stuff.....hey, was that a White Rabbit I just saw?:rolleyes:

8. billyjim

billyjim User

No that was not a white rabbit, you are seeing things again. Sit down and have another cup of tea. You mad hatter. Any way that was a Dragon flying by in "A Never Ending Story".

The more people comment and discuss, the more things get interesting. But, we have to avoid the extremes of either being overly serious or frivilous. Because if we do people get to emotional and get to excited. We I beleive generally stay in that middle ground. So everyone else come play with us. Please.

Geflin likes this.
  9. we will move this to speakers corner :)

10. GORDR22

GORDR22 User

Well its been a few weeks since i posted my issues with a few concerns about the future of Rising Cities. Stider mentioned that he would forward my questions to the developers and sad to say nothing from them ... that leaves me wondering do they not care about active players .... or they have no solution for the poor game planning that they did while trying to develop this game. Like i mentioned a few weeks ago a starving city is no fun. I gave you guys the benefit to come forth and maybe have a solution to the issues i stated in my first 2 posts that i can't even find anywhere on the forums ?? I guess when you want to hide the truth from everyone just delete it. And not to mention this post you moved it way down the list under 2 year old posts..... i'm guessing out of site out of mind. That's what they where going for. So again i ask are the dev team going to attempt to save this game or are they finished??

Geflin likes this.
  11. Geflin

Geflin User

I do know they are still smoothing out all the bugs from the recent log in and loading issues, and that may be distracting them. *nose grows a few inches* I am sure we will hear back from them sooner or later. *nose grows a few more inches, sprouts extra branch* Really, I have seen some good communication happening lately *bird lands on nose which now looks like tree branch*. Ok, joking aside, I agree they could communicate better and act faster. However, I have seen evidence the mods and devs do take us seriously even though it takes a lot of time for anything to get done. If this year brings us as much as the past year, we'll be doing great. I do agree with you that production capacity is a BIG issue and needs to be addressed. If we can get more people talking, they might take notice?:rolleyes:

12. GORDR22

GORDR22 User

Its hard to get people to address a situation when the mods close them or move them under 2 year old forums. To my surprise nobody even commented on it since it was hidden away. Don't know what more i can add i have been trying really hard to not hit the delete button on Bigpoint forever ... i'm so disappointed in them right now. And i fear its time to move on without them in 2015.

13. billyjim

billyjim User

I did not comment on your previous posts because in my opinion you were not looking for a discussion, but were telling the world how BP mistreated you and your game. My city is approximately the same size as yours, I have been playing about the same amount of time as you have, yet I am able to meet the needs of my citizens. Some times I have to be creative and take from "Peter to pay Paul" but I have always been able to supply products to my commercial buildings.

Would I like to have additional production facilities yes, would I like to have additional land, yes, would I like to have new and different events, yes. Would I like to have better communication from the development team to us , yes. Do I think that there is a lack or a desire on the part of certain individuals to purposely ignore the players, no I do not.

We have just gone through a significant malfunction in the system for some of us, not all. During this time the moderators where posting on a regular basis with updates and took a great deal of abuse with dignity and humor. I am willing to give the team time to get their collective house back in order before I will start screaming and shouting again.

Do not think just because everyone did not jump on the forum and agree with your statement that we did not read it. But, if you want to start a conversation there are plenty of us willing to do so with you.

Andrewjf, Geflin and tassie-devil like this.
  14. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Here? https://board-en.risingcities.com/search/145128/

You can find all of your own posts from your profile/user menu. There are plenty of options in the search box too, including the above. I've seen a few posts about how hard it is to use the forums, but really, this isn't complicated: you simply have to look in front of you.

The post was moved to a different board. Moving posts doesn't change the posted date, so it isn't going to end up buried behind old posts, other than the few stickies at the top. Usually a thread with moved status ends up at the top anyway since there is a new comment indicating its removal.

I know you're frustrated, but don't get paranoid. You aren't bringing up anything that hasn't been said before ad nauseam. They have no reason to obfuscate one thread out of many on the same topics. We all want more communication. The mods are volunteers. They can only give you what they've been told, which is probably not much, otherwise it'd be announced. Through the grapevine, things are coming though. Yeah, BP has a problem with that, but even when we had updates more regularly, they were usually not announced more than a week or so in advance. Yeah, it seems like the game is dying sometimes. Yeah, they should say something to keep players from getting so dejected, because they're surely aware of this.

Your post isn't being hidden by the powers that be. I think most of us are just tired of saying the same things repeatedly across many existing and still-open threads. Some have assumingly quit already, and newbies are still blissfully unaware, possibly that a forum even exists. They may jump ship long before they end up here to complain that it's sinking. In addition, I find your tone on these matters rudely demanding, hostile, and lacking comprehension, which doesn't encourage discussion.

At least some of us have confidence that BP is aware of issues that we raise, so we wait, knowing that the same things needn't be repeated. Better than stressing over it, anyway. They get reports, so I assume they get the same complaints over and over. One can only guess at the situation there, however. All they ever told us was that some restructuring was happening, so best guess is corporate stuff throwing a very large wrench into everything. Even considering, I agree that this amount of progress is underwhelming.

That isn't really meeting the needs though. Rationing doesn't change the situation, and may end up less profitable. You still can't supply everyone everything all of the time and profit from needs, especially compared to the market. But then, I guess that is getting somewhat off-topic.

tassie-devil and strider_legs like this.
  15. GORDR22

GORDR22 User

Your post isn't being hidden by the powers that be. I think most of us are just tired of saying the same things repeatedly across many existing and still-open threads. Some have assumingly quit already, and newbies are still blissfully unaware, possibly that a forum even exists. They may jump ship long before they end up here to complain that it's sinking. In addition, I find your tone on these matters rudely demanding, hostile, and lacking comprehension, which doesn't encourage discussion.

i'm not here to make anyone angry and Arsuru i was told that i would get an answer from the develop team. From the mods so a sat quiet for 2weeks and said not a word. So demanding your wrong there. And i think your being hostile and very rude in trying to give me a speech but if you don't like the truth maybe you need to just pass over my post ... but we both know i'm right and i think your posting because you are trying to steal the thunder and pretend your all that ...hows that for lacking comprehension did i hit the nail on the head? Also BP is not mistreating me and my city there doing it to every active player so Arusu before you start pointing fingers get your facts straight. I was raised if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all .... but always tell the truth good or bad. And Billyjim thanks for your imput on this matter i know your a long time player you have been on since i started playing this game ... you actually helped me when i was getting to learn the game. and for that thank you. One last thing i would like to state i'm not here to argue be rude or argue with anyone ... i feel the game has come to a stalepoint and all i want to knowis there going to be new things yes or no... I don't know where to go to get answers thats what i thought this forum was for? I come to this site to play RC and i'm never on the forum so for you that think i'm out of place i'm sorry for that. I really feel there is an easy fix up all the production and help the city grow . And Arusu hope you have a good day really sounds like you need a hug.....lol

Last edited by moderator: Feb 4, 2015
  16. billyjim

billyjim User

I do not think you are out of place and I agree I would like to see a more open and better definition of the future (read some of my old posts). I commented because your post read accusatory of intent. I am trying to point out that there is no maliciousness in there activity, maybe ambivalence or to much hurry to clear things off their screens. Remember the "General Questions" and "Technical Questions" sections of the forum are geared for direct responses not for discussions while the "Speakers Corner" is pretty much a free for all, with limits. So if you ask a question in one of the two question sections then the mods will likely close the thread once they beleive the question has been answered by themselves or others. We are here to be together.

To Arsuru I do not ration my products I may have to move products around from one Hollywood deli to another to maintain product levels while waiting out a production cycle. I have not rationed or run out of product in the city as of this time. I do not know what I am doing differently than you are doing but I would like to have more production facilities also.

promaster302 likes this.
  17. Arsuru

Arsuru User

Except I'm not angry? Or insulting you? Or saying anything that is not nice? Not giving a speech and certainly not trying to steal anyone's thunder.

I think you didn't actually get a thing I said. The best part is that I never disagreed with you about the game.

@billyjim Sounds like rationing to me though. The only thing I can think of that would allow anyone to keep up with demand without resorting to the market (where you will probably have a net loss in profit) is not playing as often. I started having troubles well before 10,000 people, around level 30 or so, and bakeries have never profitable in my time.

18. Geflin

Geflin User

I am a proponent of increased production, with reasonable limitations, and I do see some difficulty keeping up with a large city's needs given the increased populations brought by Level 4 improvements and additional fields and houses. However, if you are careful and creative, you can supply most needs and anything beyond that is for the most part stockpiling. Either way, the real issue here is communication and acting on new idea suggestions, etc. As to that, I cannot state it better than good Sir Billyjim, so will tip my hat and just agree ;)

19. fred1471

fred1471 User

Think there are more issues than communication.
    I notice many people have 6 bakeries and even 7 lumber mills.
    Admittedly I am only level 43 with 8400 people But I am stuck with 3 bakeries and 5 lumber mills.

Not sure on farming but only 8 to make potatoes which never keeps up with demand unless I only log on every 3 hours.

It has come to a point where I cant stay on to collect from residents because all commercial buildings run dry. Yes I can buy from the market but the gain in money gets eaten up anyway. Yes i can let commercial buildings run out then I have to turn off the emergency services.

The dilemma for BP is when I had the ability to stay logged on I used to buy MM and starter packs. Now there is no point.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  20. billyjim

billyjim User

This is a dilema we all go through and it comes back to maintaining balance. I have not acheived this in my own city either. You have to have a Zen like attitude about the game: Worry about the details, but not sweat about the details. Much easier said then done.

To your first point some of us have over time had the oppurtunity to earn additional bakeries and lumber mills. Some of these choices are no longer available some of these appear rarely. It all comes down to when you where playing the game. They will hopefully appear again. Stick in there it usually gets better.

Geflin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.